Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amc

Postpaid / Prepaid / RIP / Which handset?

U can't do anything!

Its true that Samsung 191 gives greater speed than any other mobile of Reliance.

Yes, Samsung SCH-N191 is better than LG RD 2030 for R-Connect experience.

This is very wrong. They should give the same speed across all phone models. After all the R Connect tarriffs don't differ model-wise. Why should different people pay the same net access charges and get so widely differing speeds?

Any 1 tried r-connect with lg rd 6000.

plz lemme know the expirience so that i can deciede whther 2 go for the data cable or not

Aircom, the max i have touched through this phone (LG LSI 110) is 23 kbps but it is always stable at 16-17 kBps (download) upload not included.. havent uploaded much yet, will let you know when i upload 2 gigs of my photographs to my gallery!

Anyways i am pretty satisfied with this phone.. awesome speeds in comparison with other existing reliance handsets. I am using BW Meter for bandwidth calculation and i have downloaded a max of 53 mb in one odd hour, as the software also gives data analysis by the hour.

Today R Connect touched a new low for me. I checked my access speed at http://myspeed.visualware.com which is a nice site giving you your upload+download speed and Quality of Service rating too.

My values came out to be:-

Download speed = 7.45 kbps

Upload speed = 7.58 kbps

Quality of Service = 68 % (This is nothing but a measure of how consistent was my speed. A rating of 100 % would have meant my speed remained constant throughout the testing phase and a rating of 0 % would have meant my speed varied extremely wildly)

So you can see that R Connect for me is 2 to 4 times more pathetic than dial-up which people consider to be the most pathetic form of internet access.

I don't know how can Reliance advertise it as a 114 kbps internet connection (even if they mention in fine print that this is for "throughput" because most people think it is 114 kbps download speed they will get).

You can all go to http://myspeed.visualware.com and cehck your speeds and post them here. All you need to do is a simple sign up with them with an email address (make a fake one and use it so any future spams to that address won't bother you).

No.

I mean 16-17 KILOBYTES PER SEC which comes out to be approximately 50-52 MB in one hour, which is pretty decent so I can download a movie in a day, which is OK.

Just downloaded Meet the Fockers.

Just downloaded Meet the Fockers.

29188[/snapback]

The movie rocks! ENJOY! :blink:

Today R Connect touched a new low for me...
What the.../ I had posted that in a new thread. How did ti find its way here :confuse:
No.

I mean 16-17 KILOBYTES PER SEC

I haven't heard anyone get speeds of 16-17 kilobytes per second in R Connect. At the most they get around 9-10 kilobytes per second or around 70 kilobits per second, which is what I used to get when I had freshly got the connection.

And now I get barely 1 kBps. I don't know what those idiots are upto. They used to not send my monthly bills earlier and then claim I hadn't paid up. At one time they capped by speed due to this nonsense and I suspect their cap is still there. I haven't paid much attention to it coz i use Sify regularly now. Guess have to take it up with them.

What the.../ I had posted that in a new thread. How did ti find its way here  :D

29306[/snapback]

Most probably, a moderator could have merged your topic and this topic is more relevant to your content.

Aircom, the max i have touched through this phone (LG LSI 110) is 23 kbps but it is always stable at 16-17 kBps (download) upload not included.. havent uploaded much yet, will let you know when i upload 2 gigs of my photographs to my gallery!

Anyways i am pretty satisfied with this phone.. awesome speeds in comparison with other existing reliance handsets.  I am using BW Meter for bandwidth calculation and i have downloaded a max of 53 mb in one odd hour, as the software also gives data analysis by the hour.

28969[/snapback]

Hello Friend

i have LG LSP 240e FWP,

i am getting 6k in avarage,

your speed is astounding to me,

could you please tell me from which city you are using your phone?

Most probably, a moderator could have merged your topic and this topic is more relevant to your content.
Okay. That could have happened. Thanks for the information.
have LG LSP 240e FWP,

i am getting 6k in avarage,

You mean LG LSP340-E FWP. I get the same pathetic speeds on that phone itself. Right now though, after many, many days, I am getting 16-23 kbps on it. Don't know how long it will last. But even this is meagre. I have previously got around 30 kbps on Govt. run telephone lines.

Edited by AirCom

HI,

i would like to which cable is used to connect to r-connect for lg lsp110,is there any cable available in open market

@Raghugs

I am from Chandigarh, I also have a LG LSP 340e which gives me pathetic speeds not even 6, earliear (about an year ago) it used to give me 10-12 kbps max, but lately it just used to die and get stuck at 9.6 (on the phone) and give me a measly 1-2 kbps. I am pretty sure it is something to do with the phone.

@Khaja

I did not buy any cable for LG LSI 110, I am using my scanner USB A to B cable, I even tried my Iomega USB hdd cable, and there is no difference. Speed is pretty satisfactory, though just in the past 24 hours the download speed dropped to 10 kbps from 17 kbps.

Will keep you guys posted!

bhavesh, what is the port speed for LSI110? means what speed does it connect to the pc? is it 115Kbps or 230Kbps? :P