Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saurav

RUIM on Nokia Handsets

I saw one person using 6235 on reliance with RUIM.

I saw it with my eyes wide open :P .

Even mine has got the required plate.

Can anyone intimate me the procedure to get this done?

From where can I obtain a RUIM?

pls limit to legal methods only.

if its possible legally only then discuss otherwise mods pls delete it.

Edited by Saurav

I think ashoksoft talked about it in one of the threads, dont remember which one, I think he ll be able to help.

yes i also read somewhere in this forum . tata is using this handset with ruim . r u sure u saw it with reliance ? may be its tata

yes I saw it with Reliance.

Even mine has got required slot.

I tried by inserting my gtran ruim (active ruim on active nokia handset) but the number which worked was that on handset.

U need to reflash the software on the phone with a firmware revision called as RH-17. to enable RUIM on Nokia handsets launched in SE Asia.

Cheers

Ashok

ashok hv u tried it on any nokia handset with Reliance?

sort of yes .... dont do flashing myself ... know people who do it ... or have done it ;)

[the Above holds true for Nokia handsets ... as I do not own a nokia ;) ]

Cheers

Ashok

Where do i get ruim card for my existing rim no ? i visited the webworld and they said they dont issue ruim card unless i subscribe for international roaming.with a ruim card i can be free like a gsm subscriber as i can keep changing my handset without bothering about hcc and other issues

Edited by Arun

buy a telson / gtran ... hehe ;) simple funda.

Cheers

Ashok

guess so ayan ... not very sure about the 6255 ... maybe munna can throw a lil light about it ... he was trying it out sometime back.

Cheers

Ashok

I have Nokia 6255 Handset

I have Activated the Number on it. It also Has the RUIM Slot when I insert the RUIM Card of Tata Indicom the number of reliance activated on hadsets only work.

when go to Programming menu by press the *3001#12345# keys

It show the Version is v N150V0400.nep

But some of My International collegue had told for nother firmware

v N100V1700.nep

v N100V2600.nep

But the Interneation Firmware has nother Network Code N100 rather than Reliance N150 so a lot of consuion is made. I actively flash my own mobile with cables I had successfuly flashed Motorola and Siemens Handset

In Siemens the Flash Software is free available by siemens in Motorola go MotoModders.net but When I try to locate the Flash for Nokia 6255 i have no luck to find any firmware. The Local Nasik Gui only has the same firmware which is the Original but he don't have the Update

Firmawre N150V0400 Has Problem in MMS Sending and Receiving, No Web Browser, and Problem in Detecting the MMC Card

Camera, Phone Book Buletooth , Infrared Works Great, this Seris 40 so don't support Symbian but Java MIDP 2 is supported nicely, Nokia 6.2 in (Reliance Website)and Nokia 6.7 Suite Works greate with this Phone Also has Group Messging for Group not larger than 10, I had Installed 512 Mb MMC but there is problem in some time detecting it.

Nokia Web site has 4 User Guide One for Reliance, One for tata, One for Asia Pacific and One for Some Indomesian Providers.

In Reliance and Indonatian User Guide it is Written than RUIM is not Active

But In Tata and Asia Pacific User Guide All Details of RUIM is Written so Only a Active Reliance RUIM with the Proper Firmware is Needed to o that job.

Edited by hpnasik

The Flashing software for Nokia Phones is called 'DIEGO'.

Its called a PST which sands for Point of Sale Tool.

PS. Mods plz note that I'm only being informative, but I respect the rules of this forum so if u feel that this is illegal plz feel free to delete it.

naa baba... we are a little lienient too wink.gif

lol biggrin.gif

Cheers

Ashok

I am posting this information on more than one topic because I was under myth that RUIM phones need PRL upgrade for International roaming.

After discussing with Reliance CC executive, technical guys and other CDMA experts, it is said that RUIM Phone does not require any PRL upgrades. It works just like GSM. RUIM upgrade itself when registered in foreign networks.