Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
B O R E D

Charger Problem

Hey maybe this is not a sucessfull remedie..

Still try rubbing the metal part of the battery with a rubber to clean it

and also try cleaning the base stuff..

It often works, if there is no inside damage..

Its not the prob with the charger... the connection between the phone n the charger is the prob... go to the LG Service Center. There they shall clean ur phone battery's terminal(which might have become black) with a solution that will restore the connection! :o

guys did u notice..the watermark often gets distorted even when you wont get the handset or battery wet...

the watermark often gets distorted even when you wont get the handset or battery wet...

Which watermark?

watermark which is in the battery, at the bottom(inside) you can notice some colored stuff.

Hello All,

I have the reliance handset LG-RD2030. Initially the charger was working fine.

Now, whenever I put my mobile on charger, mostly I get blinking red light on my charger. In this mode, the charger does not work and the mobile does not get charged. I get a continuos red light only after some manipulation in the position of the mobile on the charger.

Please advise me why is this happening and how should I get this rectified. It is really a pain to check the correct position on which the mobile would get charged.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Rajat

Try different sockets at your place first to confirm its not faulty wiring at your premises.

Then try to reproduce problem at a different location (maybe at work or friend's home).

If it can still be reproduced, take it to RWW before your 1 year warranty expires!

Ask them to try to reproduce the problem and then repeat with a new charger.

If the problem can't be reproduced at RWW, you have faulty wiring.

If the problem remains with a different charger/cradle, you have a handset issue.

Else it can be fixed by simply having the charger replaced.

Let us know how it turned out.

Try cleaning the metal part of the battery and charger...

hi try putting a paper between the metal part of mobile and that of charger and see that all contacts of charger r down then there will be no blinking red light

and see that all contacts of charger r down

didn't understand this...

Try cleaning the metal part of the battery and charger...

Thanks for all the responses. I had purchased the mobile long back and now I am out of the 1 year warranty. :ph34r: For now, lemme try cleaning the metal part of the mobile and the charger. Lets hope it works fine. Will respond back with my experiment.

Nice forum though.

Thanks,

Rajat

hey one thing i can try ... sounds odd ... works but. spray some deo on a piece of paper and clean the metal contacts behind the battery when its still wet ... u'll c all the oxide coating on the metal coming out and ur contacts will shine ... do the same on the charger ... u shouldnt have the blinking light problem then ... i've done it twice so far ...

and see that all contacts of charger r down

didn't understand this...

Maybe he meant that, to keep the three metal pieces on the charger pressed down.. :ph34r:

Hello. I tried cleaning the metal part of my mobile and the problem did get solved. Thanks.

And I do agree about using Deo for cleaning. I guess, for that matter, we can use any mild alcohol based mixture to clean the plates.

Thanks a lot forum. You are the best.

hey check the desktop charger at www.lgmobiles.com the one which comes with lg 2030 this one looks cool better than the one we get

may be bcoz of some improper contact between charger and battery leads, try to clean it and check whether they are intact.

Explain to the service centre guys and get the battery replaced, free of cost as you got 9 months warranty.

yeah, and while youre at it why not take a piece of aluminium foil and short circuit the charger to see what happens ;)

Why does the LED that should glow green blink red sometimes while charging?

This happens only sometimes and that too, quite some time after its begun charging...

Is it some loose contact? If so, then why does it happen after some time?

Anyone else experienced this problem???

its happened so many times on my 2030 - im sure other users have experienced it too. to temporarily get rid of the problen, clean your contacts of both the battery and the charger with a mild alcohol solution or even deo and you wont have the problem for some time !!!

Yah!

I also faced same problem in my LG-RD2030.

Even it was only 2 months old.

Its light blinked sometimes during charging.

I simply turned off and then turned on the charging.

But the solution that Mahinder told works perfect.

I also did that.

Yeah there are three contacts for charging (two correspond to +/- terminals of the batt and another ??for monitoring the charged status). If this third contact is:

-Totally disconnected (improper mounting on charger,use of plastic covers interfering prper contact,dirt/oxide deposit on the terminal etc) -->The red light starts blinking.

-There is relative high resistance (but not total disconnection). --> LED goes green even though battery is still not fully charged.

Cleaning the contacts and ensuring a proper contact may be the only solution.

BTW just to mention - Beware if U are carrying the set with a metal frame spectacle or key bunch in the same pocket. Apart from risk of scratch the battery terminals may short leading to short discharging of battery and it's attendant hazards.