Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gids

Help! My Kyo Isn't Getting Any Reception.

I was jus makin some calls n then a battery low signal came, i put it on the cradle and disconnected the call after talking with hands free for some time.

Suddenly all the signals went out, thought they would comeback but din't. switched it off then on, the message came,SERVICE REQUIRED, Contact provider.

i reset the phone but no help, tried changing the roaming settings also

When i switch it off then on, sumtimes it gets recption the afet 30 sec or so, the reception goes off.

EDIT- i've already tried doning soft and hard resets

Edited by gids

if u r going out .. better transfer ur no with hcc to some other mobile now .

i searched the net for this SRCP(service required, contact provider)

and came 2 know this is a very common issue and every 1 got their phones replaced.

Damn i got no warranty, will try the software upgrade today.

For those thinking of purcahsing this phone--DONT DO IT!!!!!!

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread....9497#post249497

check tis out for more details

Edited by gids

I tried upgrading the software, sucessfully upgraded the pda but cant upgrade the phone software. it stops at "SPC given could not lock the phone. The phone will not respond for 10 sec"

any 1 who has been able to upgrade plz help me upgrade the fone.

Even if you gave the right SPC lock code and proceeds, the phone upgrade won't complete as it would stop in the end part of the upgrade. There isn't any other way that I know as of now to overcome this, but to request for a replacement from Kyocera or Reliance.

Should i Go for the upgrade or not, coz i don't want to completely kill it.

You can go for the upgrade of the phone software because the SRCP message already indicates that the handset is 'almost dead'. The phone upgrade would most probably end before the process completes at 100%. Anyway, if the upgrade does go through and fixes the problem in phone mode for you, then you must be really lucky in that case. Please do let us know how it goes !

Should i Go for the upgrade or not, coz i don't want to completely kill it.

From how long are u using this phone now ???????

And is the pda part still working? The SRCP is quite the most dreaded error on 7135. I remember reading that some readers fixed the problem by actually opening the phone and doing some simple stuff, you'll have to search on net.

And make sure u transfer ur number to other cell ASAP, because if the 7135 goes dead, then it will be a big fuss for getting the number transferred to other cell.

I think, most of the time, its not your bill date which gives you warranty but the activation date of your phone on Reliance network gives you warranty. :wacko: That means, even if you dont have bill you get warranty. If you activated the phone in less than a year, there are chances that Kyocera will help. BUT, since you have tried doing things like upgrading the softwares yourself, there are also chances that the warrany no more exists now even if the phone is not even one year old. :(

Other members may throw more light on this. :)

Gids I may be helpfull for u .. Please tell me how long are u using this phone.. and from were did u purchased it ....

I think, most of the time, its not your bill date which gives you warranty but the activation date of your phone on Reliance network gives you warranty. :wacko: That means, even if you dont have bill you get warranty. If you activated the phone in less than a year, there are chances that Kyocera will help. BUT, since you have tried doing things like upgrading the softwares yourself, there are also chances that the warrany no more exists now even if the phone is not even one year old. :(

Other members may throw more light on this. :)

The phone doesn't come with any warranty. It's clearly stated on the receipt from Reliance.

Hi all, thanx for taking interest in my problem, i went to the auth service centre.

the guy checked my phone and told me to return after 2 hrs.

i returned then he told me that this is a very rare and fatal error and he had seen this in other kyocera's also.

He told me that this set would be needed to sent to Banglore centre and would apparently need a change in motherboard itself.

Upon pressing i tried to find out the cause of this n he told me that there is no 1 such cause, it can be accident or mishandling or even if kept in pocket a bit tightly a part can become loose and eventually wold dry up.

Also estimated cost would be 6500 to 7000 bucks.

@ani_meher- even i searched the similar threads and also communicated the same with him he told me he had checked everything he could do and that to twice. Also, the pda is working absolutely fine.

p.s the guy also told me that he had also tried performing software upgrade but was unsucessful.

Edited by gids

The PDA part workingi is a good news. Have you transferred your number to other cell? I had some other problems with my 7135, and I am yet to go to ASC.

My recommendation is, don't replace the m/b, especially when the repair costs are so high. This will be criticised by most members, I know. But the reason I am suggesting this is, 7135 comes without any warranty. Later, if some other costs arises, then the effective cost paid for the phone will be too high than the right cost. So use the pda, it's very rare to get a good pda at 8000 Rs, and use some other phone.

Even when I am taking my phone to repair, mostly I will see to it that the pda starts functioning. I don't care if the phone part works or not, because one the phone and pda are combined, then battery life is hammered as hell.

ani i am aware of ur problem wid phone, have been through ur thread from the start.

Also, i found the pda+phone combo gr8 and i don think that would use only the pda.

I will also find out if i can get any warranty on the phone after repairs.

Please keep us updated of ur finding as well.

Kyocera Private Limited in Banglore will charge you Rs.6000 (including taxes) for replacing the phone board, if you are sending it to them. They would make sure several other parameters are checked to perfection so that the efficiency of the phone would be increased thereby minimising the chance of this problem happenning again. But paying for replacing the phone board with a new one won't cover you with warranty.

guyz this final dat im quittin reliance due to numerous experiences.

my set still shows the same srcp message. any 1 willing to purchase dis handset den plz pm me. u can get it repaired and sell it further or jus use the pda. i assure that the pda is working perfectly.

ITS FINALLY WORKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now before u get ur hopes high its still unusable.

The most amazing ting happened i switched on my kyo 7135 after a week or so and i finally got full reception. i thought it'll just go off after a few sec but it din't.

although i still can't make any call, i mean whenever i dial any no. the call get's dissconnected after a sec the only no which are working are *228 and *229.

and if i try calling my no i get a "phone is switched off message"

can't even send/recieve messages.

BUT I ATLEAST DONT SEE THAT MESSAGE OF DEATH --- "SERVICE REQUIRED CONTACT PROVIDER"

Plz guyz pour in ur thoughts to make my phone get back to life....... PLEEZ

p.s i tried going into the service programming menu( to change my dir no. as it got erased during hard reset) but whenever i click on programming it just shows "reading parameters" and eventually i have to reset it.

didyou ever entered A key? If yes, then handset can not be recovered.

well, the SRCP does go away if you switch on the handset after a few days. And if you try upgrading the phone version now, the SRCP message would come again. The phone board has gone bad and the only way out is to replace the phone board, which would cost money (Rs.6000) as handsets under the employee scheme is out of warranty.

didyou ever entered A key? If yes, then handset can not be recovered.

plz elaborate, i couldn't undestand u.

If you have ever tried to enter in to programming menus using your SPC, there is option of A key, if you enter it once, then your phone unusable. Because A key of system and your phone looses sync.

no i never did that, i had entered spc using 111111 earlier jus to change my directory no. as mentioned in other thread, nothing more than that.

For those whose phone board have gone bad... replacing the phone board would cost you Rs.6000, the only respite is the fact that you will get replacement warranty for the replaced parts for 6 months.

Another small suggestion to the users of this phone, if u have a screwdriver which is for the Kyo (T6 or something was written on it) ... try to open the phone (experienced users only, at ur own discretion) and clean the board up with a dry brush or puff air...

tighten the screws back in place, some improvement in network coverage can be seen :unsure:

Cheers

Ashok