Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dapoedbyreliance

Why Does My Rconnect Become Dormant Always

And don't forget to enable Itemised bill (send "ITEM YES" to 3733).

You'll see R-connect usage mins utilised from your 400 mins monthly quota and also any extra usage over and above the dapo mins.

How much will u get charged for enabling itemized billing

Rs.25 per month

For More Click here

Edited by Chirag

If you dont wish to go into dormant mode

go to command prompt and type

ping -t www.yahoo.com

once you are connected

it will infinitely ping yahoo.com or any other site !!!

Hi :)

For those who don't know:

As long as there is a connection icon on the bottom-right of your screen; you are connected and hence you are charged whether data transfer or no data transfer (Dormant or otherwise)

If you don't want the Dormant state use ping as somebody rightly mentioned in the pervious posts. But your phone will give out busy tone to the person trying to contact you while you are on the net.

Even after you disconnect you are charged Rs.200 towards monthly RConnect subscription apart from the usage charges. (RIM only not FWP/FWT)

If you know you will not be using Internet for a couple of days, deactivate it dialing *4120 and activate again using *412. Reliance charges you only for the number of days you had enabled internet (out of Rs.200)

Deactivation cannot be done within 24 hours of activation.

;)

R u sure about this?

If I activate Rconnect now.. and use  it for five days... i will be charged only 35bucks.. and not 200?

Can we have a confirmation on this

I was told by customer care, that u would be charged for the entire billing cycle!!! That is a month.

I am sure! :)

You are charged based on the number of days your Rconnect is active.

So if you keep it active for 1st five days and then activate it in the end for 3 days, you are charges for 8 days only.

I get my billing accordingly every month. ;)

If you are under DAPO offer, your usage is adjusted against the (40ps) free calls that you have by default. If you don't want your free calls to be used for RConnect, just dial *333, speak to the operator and he/she will make the necessary changes so as to disable your free calls to be used for Rconnect and your bill will show you charges for your RConnect usage.

If you dont wish to go into dormant mode

ping -t www.yahoo.com

once you are connected

it will infinitely ping yahoo.com or any other site !!!

But doesnt that slow down the conecction as it is we are experiencing banwidth hasseles from r-connect??

You are charged based on the number of days your Rconnect is active.

So if you keep it active for 1st five days and then activate it in the end for 3 days, you are charges for 8 days only.

Does that mean even if i dont use it for a month i will get charged b'cos i didnt deactivate it?

Edited by Chirag

Does that mean even if i dont use it for a month i will get charged b'cos i didnt deactivate it?

Oh Yes! :)

A full Rs.200 as monthly subscription to RConnect service.

Better deactivate it now if you are not using it.

Oh Yes! :)

A full Rs.200 as monthly subscription to RConnect service.

Better deactivate it now if you are not using it.

bobby. thanks for the information. but i also asked the guy at rim world and they confirmed i will be charged for full monthly regardless if i reactive it within 5 days. infect she told me i will get charges rs.200 every time i active the connection. i think reliance should include this information in their support peoples knowledge base. You must be right because you are actually getting bills. cherrrrrrrrs

Good idea Bobby, It works that way. I have done this even without knowing this and I have beend charged only for the period when rconnect sub was active.

Regarding not to adjuct free minutes, make sure to get case id, bcoz in my case i informed the customer care but they didn't do that.

ping -t www.yahoo.com

But doesnt that slow down the conecction as it is we are experiencing banwidth hasseles from r-connect??

Nope it does not slow down internet !!!

it send 32 bytes at a time ( which is a very small number )

Well.. for the guy of speed problem .. it could be bad quality data cable also. Reliance have sometimes good speed and sometimes bad.. just 2 dayz ago.. it was fine.. infact good , but from last two dayz.. I am not even able to open yahoo mail. etc.

I now don't call *333 or *366 b'coz they guyz don't kno anything.. peace of ****..

BTW.. i hope reliace people look at this forum and can understand that wht they should improve..

Now praying.

HOpe it get back as early ... in fw dayz.. already 2 dayz of slow speed.

As I have two pc.. One my old one and a new one.. What i found that when you are dong surfing from same pc for a month or two at fine speed .. It then automatically behaving as I told in my earlier post. No matter wht you do.. ie. i have triple boot ..all OS was giving problem of slowest speed then i tried it on another computer and voilla.. it was fine.. I can't understand the reason behind it but it has happened to me twice.. I just changed the PC and it comes back to normal.

I noticed one more thing that if you use Rconnect dialer then u get better internet performance as compared to connection created by windows.. I again can't understand reason behind it as both connection are using same initialinzing strings.. etc..

BTW.. if I m not clear plz.. do ask me again.. and plz post ur comments.. :P

If you have finished with R-Connect Dormancy probs pls do a research and post your results here