Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
adwait

Quotas

Hello people!

I'm surprised nobody has yet posted about the issue which is making headlines for so many days now. What do you think about the Quota move?

Please visit: http://www.petitiononline.com/No_Quota/petition.html

this was not unexpected thing as long as Mr. Arjun singh is there in that chair. I feel he is the most self centered politician in Dr. Manmohan's singh's team. And we are yet to hear from Dr. Singh, and current media favorite goddess of sacrifice Mrs. Gandhi.

Social justice is a good cause and I think most of us do not have problem with the cause. but its increasingly illogical to do it with only one method - reservation. In last 50 years we have seen the result of applying this method. And if it is still required to implement the method then its evident that the method is not serving the cause. Besides as per the constitution itself, the reservation was for 10 years from independece. Infact there are better ways to serve the cause and which will be effective also. I think, nobody should have a problem to help the weaker section by means of scholarships. Infact we can even think of giving free education, free books, free meals, free bicycles etc... if the basic priciple is to raise the status of the weaker section than, the method should be to help them to such an extent so that they can raise themselves. But the method currently applied is to stop the so called "stronger" section so that the weaker section takes their places !

Can you call it "Justice", if you disallow a meritorius student taking a seat so that a person from a weaker section can take his sear ? Merit should not be compromised when it comes to education. But we should help everybody to achieve the merits. By constitution, everybody should be provided equal opportunites. I think reservation is against this basic principle of the equal opportunity. It is an injustice to a section to apease the other section.

Infact, the game is not understood by the weaker section that they are becoming a vote bank and are victim of apeasement policies of the political parties. History has shown us that no long term solution has come by applying apeasement gimmicks.

I dont understand the logic of calling the weaker section Dalits. Why do we want to tag ourselves ? Then what was wrong with the word "Harijan" ? Infact we should understand that those doing Bahujan politics are not for bahujans but for themselves. Let all come to mainstream.

I think we all should unite for the social justice and against reservation because that is the only way the weaker section will come to main stream and drive India to glowing future.

This was the congress that opposed Mndal commission then and projected people like Rajiv Goswami to represent the Indian Youth.

Now for just a petty gain in the election in Five states(where they might not have too much of a chance) they are going to do the same themselves.

These politicians can stoop to any level!

This was the congress that opposed Mndal commission then and projected people like Rajiv Goswami to represent the Indian Youth.

Now for just a petty gain in the election in Five states(where they might not have too much of a chance) they are going to do the same themselves.

These politicians can stoop to any level!

That might be a correct assessment but show me a single party in current polity who have balls to oppose the move.

Junta look at the other face of the coin. Less people will enter in the Higher Education using fair means I mean by the real hard work so they have to face less challenge in career because private sector pays only to the best. In career the best will survive.

And few people are already taking initiative. These politicians are totally crap they only want to retain their KURSHI. For that if they have to sell there sister or mother they will not hesitate.

And what will you say about this

One of us have shown courage. Protest against 49.5% reservation in colleges-AMIT KUMAR GARG, 2nd Year Aero IITB on indefinitely long hunger strike. & if still not heard AMIT will exercise self immolation (burn himself) in front of Main Building IITB. Wake up my friends

@Vishal

Sorry, I didn't mean to post so many times, something was wrong with my net and I clicked on the post button many times without anything happening....didn't realise it posted so many times

Well I am in my second year of engineering and I can sure vouch for the fact that people can get in through reservation but can't do much beyond that. Almost 70% of the people who came in through reservation in our class have already flunked and those who haven't are in a pretty bad state probably won't be eligible for placement. Agreed.....but whats the point of wasting the seats by giving it to people who can't handle the course? Somebody who was better suited to the course/ was more interested in the course could have taken those seats and the money spent by the government (in case of government institutions) would also have been better spent.

I am beyond the stage in education when this quota is going to affect me(at least at present) but still I feel sad!

A time will come when there will be hue and cry and protests when these "deserving but underprevileged" students will flunk.

These guardians of equality ( read our politicians) will then infer that the teachers and professors are racists and they will introduce all kinds of quotas amongst professors as well!

I dont think that day is too far off!

lets wait for it!

Such retrogressive moves!

India the superpower is the only country in the world that has reservations in education!

God bless our politicians, the government and our country! :):praise:

Edited by tanveer

Junta look at the other face of the coin. Less people will enter in the Higher Education using fair means I mean by the real hard work so they have to face less challenge in career because private sector pays only to the best. In career the best will survive.

You might be aware that govt. is also proping the idea of reservation in private sector. And believe me that is already on cards and will become reality anytime soon.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

whatever they do but its not easy to force the private sector. even if they will enter to the private sector who will get better incentive and and pramotions and success.

and in IIT ppls are alrready taking inititative for this ad 12th April is praposed for this

and does everbpdy remember the story of one of our great politician who fell ill and went to AIIMS and when he came to know that Dr who is going to treat him had got admision because of Quota he ran denied for the treatment

and these politicians have invested lots of money in private sector. so if they will impose qouta in private who will loose.

Edited by manishag

I was observing a debate in NDTV where one professor Kancha Illaya was telling the audiance that when things have to be settled in streets [if reservation bill does not go thru], SC/ST/OBC/BC will have the upper hands over the so-called Upper Castes!

I was wondering whether he wants the government to replace the JEE with 'Arm Wresleting' and replace CAT with 'Kick-boxing'? Then we can call IIT as Indian Institute of Thugs and IIM as Indian Institute of Misdemeanors.

It has to be stopped. If one has to face the competition, one should do it using his own merit and not the caste system. Arjun Singh is a sukker, we hav seen him in the past. A day will come when the forward caste people will have to get reservations in order to compete with the backward classes. The backward classes should themselves oppose such a selfish policy which everyone knows is aimed at the vote bank. Do Hell with it