Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashoksoft

Innards Of The Telson Twc :d

Yo mates... another post from me... sorry guessed we were running short on tech posts :)

The Telson TWC1150 was a walled garden, you could take pictures ... but could not save them to your computer, you could record voice ...but could not copy them to ur computer... u could not use r-connect etc...

and well, what better could be expected out of RIM anyway ????

They say "necessity is the mother of invention"... i restate "Desperation is the mother of almost all discoveries" :P

Had got a LG RD7130 data cable (serial) which someone from the forum gave me to experiment with a few LG handsets... and all of a sudden a thought struk, why not try the Datacable on the Telson watch ... it has been lying unfiddled for too long ... connected the data cable, and tried to use bitpim / QPST / a lot more thingys ... no luck ...no response.

Just felt like trying to set the data settings to "115200" on the watch... and boom !! there I have the dir inside bitpim...

bitpim.jpg

Now someone had asked for the lock code, in the Telson watch (deepak ... are u reading?)

Open nvm\nvm\nvm0002

nvm0002.jpg

U cannot transfer pictures from the Telson to the comp??? WRONG!

ur pictures are stored in the folder called "dnitem" (not in "Photo"... that folder is for the list of photos, and locations)

ur voice recordings are in the memo folder ... boom there u go!!

contents.jpg

Wanna see a sample pic taken thro the telson ? check this out :help:

ashok.jpg

NEXT !

Connect to the internet ... create a dialup as usual.. mobile num/password remains ur mobile number... and boom u dial #777 and he he ... u can connect to the internet at pretty good speeds !!! on R-Connect... (and reliance mentions that R-Connect is not supported by this handset... amusing aint it?)

If the references on the handset are seen, the handset also has a browser... but I will need more time to figure out where exactly is that!

Guess this was useful :D

Cheers

Ashok

Amazing man........Ashok why dont u mail this chairman...May be persons from NNOC would get some help LOL :):help:

whoa !!! amazing find man ! :)

Wohoooo :help:

What a gr8 finding dude!!! :)

I wonder why Reliance told that this set doesnt support RConnect???? :D

They never bothered to fund R&D :)

guess they need to .... in future ... or at least fund rimweb, so that we can continue the research ... and provide a few handsets here :help:

cheers

Ashok

They never bothered to fund R&D :help:

guess they need to .... in future ... or at least fund rimweb, so that we can continue the research ... and provide a few handsets here :D

cheers

Ashok

Ashok have u send that post to chairman ????

If not please do it now :)

They never bothered to fund R&D :D

guess they need to .... in future ... or at least fund rimweb, so that we can continue the research ... and provide a few handsets here :P

cheers

Ashok

Amazing Work indeed, Ashok. Keep it up. :):help::D:P

Very true and let them fund rimweb. I am sure rimweb can give them more ideas and ways to optimise use of various handsets, which reliance people are unaware of currently. :grin::grin::grin:

lol mate ... thanks a ton!!!

yeah rim would get more benifitted :)

and they can launch handsets with even more features ... they can even co-brand handsets with Reliance and Rimweb.in logos :help:

cheers

Ashok

Ashok, you are really amazing. :help:

But I have one question for you. How do you get all these handsets for your experiment ?

:confuse: 3 Cheers for ASHOK!

They never bothered to fund R&D :D

guess they need to .... in future ... or at least fund rimweb, so that we can continue the research ... and provide a few handsets here

[OFF TOPIC] This can work very well, if they want[/OFF TOPIC]

Very true and let them fund rimweb. I am sure rimweb can give them more ideas and ways to optimise use of various handsets, which reliance people are unaware of currently.
AUTODESK (software giant) does that very effectively. It funds www.augi.com in indirect manner and helps generate a very interesting rapport between Autodesk Development Team and the User Group.

RIM can very well replicate this with RIMweb.in ! ;)

Start shipping your phones to ASHOKSOFT :D !!

aah ... chirag's signature speaks it all!!!

'At first, they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you!

Those who try hard with lot of passion, eventually win!'

When I was a kid, and one fine day when I disassembled a walkman, they ignored me ... when I disassembled the inverter at home (when conditions in vizag - where i was living before- improved) they laughed at me ...

then I had a nice fight... why i kept on disassembling things, when I could not fit them back!!! the rest is history !! :confuse:

ashok, how did you find out where the lock code was?
@linuxguy : elementary, I set the lock code to 0000 and took a root backup, then I changed it to 1111 and did a file compare ... 2 or 3 files had changes, but 4bytes change only in 3 files (one was the FS timestamp, one was the message log and the third was the nvm file) ... and then apply logic :D
Ashok, you are really amazing.

But I have one question for you. How do you get all these handsets for your experiment ?

Many of them I buy, some are gifted by friends to try tricks on ... My office is also supportive, but they give me WCDMA enabled 3G handsets :D so as such ... I am all the more lucky now...

Cheers

Ashok

here u go ... hehe :confuse: it is an anagram

so1.gif

cheers

Ashok

I dont think Ashok will be in a position to continue his support to RimWeb ;) , soon he is going to be hired by some billion dollar company is some part of the world :confuse: . Friends, we have little time, if you have questions/requests plz ask him right now, tomorrow it will be too late. :D

Here goes my request :

:D Ashok you are genius (and I am sure you are bored of this comment), now you must do something for the disconnection of the incoming call on Kyo 7135. And you know that its a long time pending request.

I dont think Ashok will be in a position to continue his support to RimWeb :( , soon he is going to be hired by some billion dollar company is some part of the world :confuse: . Friends, we have little time, if you have questions/requests plz ask him right now, tomorrow it will be too late. ;)

Here goes my request :

:help: Ashok you are genius (and I am sure you are bored of this comment), now you must do something for the disconnection of the incoming call on Kyo 7135. And you know that its a long time pending request.

naa baba ... happy working in a Telecom BPO, trust me it is FUN!!! U get to be on high - tech questions ... which are all the more jazzy :D so I will be with rimweb forever .. :D

Kyocera .. the only ways I found to disconnect....

1. install the 3 button hack, and press the power button thrice, and the phone switches off when someone calls...

2. Press and hold the power button, the phone will switch off ;)

3. Keep the phone connected to ur Comp, and pass AT+CDH hehe ;)

or if we find any software to pass a modem init string we can... never really worked on palm os mate.

cheers

ashok