Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
justanotherguy

Can U Change The Way Topic Opens

usually most of us guys click new topics to see whats hot and happening

when the topic opens we again have to click unread post

wont it be better if the mails r sorted in the descending order with the lastet being on the top?

Your problem can be simply resolved by doing two simple things!

1. When u log on to the forum, Click on "View New Posts"

U'll get a list of all those topics that have been recently replied to...

2. Click on a small blue arrow thats pointing down (next to every title). This will take u directly to the post that u've not yet read (The first unread post).

So Simple... Try it out, and let me know, if u've got any more questions!

The View New Posts is very helpful indeed.

Would it be possible to add that link at the bottom of the page also so we don't have to scroll to the top after we finish reading?

Thx,

Yes the View New Posts Link is really very very useful butwhat city is sayin is right so please try to include a link at the bottom of the page. ;)

:D

If you are at the bottom of a page, just click on the small up arrow button to go to the top of a page.

:( I still think the posts in descending would order really help. You read the latest posts first which need not be the newest posts.

It should be like the first post of the person who started the thread and then the rest in descending order.

-_- If my opinion is in the minorities, atleast a down arrow on the first post which takes you to the last post should suffice the need. This can also be done with Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn but for people who use the mouse most the DN-Arrow on the 1st post should help.

;) If one wants to view all threads with LG problems and support, there would be n number of threads under the LG head apart from other posts like ringtones, etc. That makes it difficult to search.

There's no point in creating more categories. The Forums page looks fine.

Though it would be nice if while creating a thread, along with the Description and Title a mandatory selection of Category from pulldown could be given. This will be a single selection option.

The category pulldown menu could list options like Hardware Problems / Software Problems / General Chat / News / Call Rates / R World / Billing / .......... the list can be updated as and when a new category needs to be defined.

The SEARCH could be modified to include category though need not be mandatory in the search.

What say? :(

:o I still think the posts in descending would order really help. You read the latest posts first which need not be the newest posts.

It should be like the first post of the person who started the thread and then the rest in descending order.

Both the lines seem to be contradictory to each other...

I didn't get wht u meant.. u mean, that the current order is alrite, or u want the other way round?

atleast a down arrow on the first post which takes you to the last post should suffice the need. This can also be done with Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn but for people who use the mouse most the DN-Arrow on the 1st post should help.

well i think the ViewNewPosts Option is the best one... Also that small arrow(ControlButton-like)serves the purpose to get u to the recent posts after ur last visit. Moreover, incase u r viewing any topic which is a 1 page topic, press END Key to take u to the bottom of the page(Quite general stuff). And if there r multiple pages to the topic u can see something like

Pages: (14) [1]2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Click on the GO TO FIRST UNREAD POST... that would again take u to the post u've not read... or to the last page directly...

Though it would be nice if while creating a thread, along with the Description and Title a mandatory selection of Category from pulldown could be given. This will be a single selection option.

Most users dont type a proper title/description for the thread... And thts quite obvious since they r all in a hurry... Thts where the mods step in, and change the Title Name and Description to better suit the thread. We try n ensure that nothing goes off-topic and keep the thread clean!

The drop down menu is favourable in a condition where u have several things discussed in one thread itself... But in our situation, thts not the case..

Do lemme know if u have anything more to say on this..

We r surely open to ideas! ;) Didn't find u'll at the Intro Thread... do make it a point to talk abt urself there ;)

:o I still think the posts in descending would order really help. You read the latest posts first which need not be the newest posts.

Both the lines seem to be contradictory to each other...

I didn't get wht u meant.. u mean, that the current order is alrite, or u want the other way round?

What I meant was:

The post of the person who started the thread can be first and then the latest post onwards in descending order. This will only help is the posts are on track with the first post.

well i think the ViewNewPosts Option is the best one... Also that small arrow(ControlButton-like)serves the purpose to get u to the recent posts after ur last visit.
Well as I said earlier:
:o   I still think the posts in descending would order really help. You read the latest posts first which need not be the newest posts.

That is: I have gone through the new posts some time back so they are no more new. I want to now refer to the latest posts which are but no more new. ;)

Most users dont type a proper title/description for the thread... And thts quite obvious since they r all in a hurry... Thts where the mods step in, and change the Title Name and Description to better suit the thread. We try n ensure that nothing goes off-topic and keep the thread clean!

That is where the category comes in: :o

The poster may type the description hurriedly but if he has to choose a category from a scroll down list or from one of the seven to eight radio buttons it becomes easier for him.

It becomes easier for the person searching for posts related to a particular issue if the search also includes those categories to choose from. ;)

If you are at the bottom of a page, just click on the small up arrow button to go to the top of a page.

Now I get it!

I did not even notice that icon until now...

This can also be done with Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn

tried that but its the same as pg up/dn in IE

but CTRL-HOME/END does that trick (top/bottom)

Simply pressing <HOME> or <END> takes you to the top or bottom of the page respectively. You don't need to press Ctrl.