Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
peerbaba27

LG RD 8000 Chocolate Phone

The absolute Discarded Lot must have been launched in India Which might have stopped by Verizon or Sprint in USA

Don't browse the reliance website.

Its an useless crap. All outdated information.

The following phones are missing in their site.

classic 202, classic 361, LG 3470 and now LG chocolate.

Nokia 6275 and Kyocera KX2 are placed wrongly wrt their features.

Rimweb is the real information site for RIM and not official Reliance site.

Finally people in reliance have done some work.

Now the phones are present at the correct places with respect to their features.

http://www.reliancecommunications.co.in/Co...m_handsets.html

Still one mistake is continuing wrt Kyocera KX2. Actually this phone is video camera phone and not just camera phone as mentioned in the site.

I would recommend Reliance to give some tags for RUIM handsets.

I BOUGHT RD8000 FOR 11000 .ITS NOT WORTH SPENDING SO MUCH .I CANT TRANSFER RINGTONES THROUGH BLUETOTH ITS LIKE OF NO USE .AS I TRY TO PUT MP3 SONGS THROUGH THE DATA CABLE I GOT WITH THE HANDSET IT DOES NOT WORK .IN OTHER WORDS ITS WAISTING UR MONEY .

LG chocolate is available with heavy discount :GirandoOjos: in mumbai r world.

can any body tell me if they have received at least tem sms's in the last two days to the efect? :Confuso:

Not File Transfer from Bluetooth, or Via Cable, Shorter memory

Can be afford to give Rs. 11000 for this Crapy Features. (Nokia 6275 is available in 11000 is the best buy except Look).

Beliave it very Stable, SD Card,32 Mega Pix, Bluetooth for so many function etc.

Hey I just got a RD8K Chocolate

It is working fine

I have been able to load MP3 songs through the PC sync Program,

Only downside, cannot transfer ringtones through bluetooth.

But the data cable works perfectly.

howz the battery life ?

Battery Life is at Par with 6275

@copperco2

heavy discount??? how much?

the extent of discount is not given...

I BOUGHT RD8000 FOR 11000 .ITS NOT WORTH SPENDING SO MUCH .I CANT TRANSFER RINGTONES THROUGH BLUETOTH ITS LIKE OF NO USE .AS I TRY TO PUT MP3 SONGS THROUGH THE DATA CABLE I GOT WITH THE HANDSET IT DOES NOT WORK .IN OTHER WORDS ITS WAISTING UR MONEY .

True friend its useless buying that phone, it s**ks.........

i wasted mah money.

i wish i could x-change it with nokia.............

Please Dont Buy it Except you like the Look,

The Features are Stupid, And Music files are also dont get transfered via Bluetooth @ 11000 is too pricy

Guys.. so we got a verdict here...

lg phones are cheaper sometimes look good too.. b then they are not anywhere coming close to VFM.

or even just abt VFM

Hey Guys,

I have a Chocolate myself, and well i am able to sync it with the PC perfectly.

Go on to LG RD8000 PC Sync

At the bottom you will see the link for RD8000,

USe that and download the PC Sync for Chocolate.

Once you are done, (BIG File).

Install.

Well I know, many of you have tried this and it did not work...

The Trick is to download the Main PC Sync software for the Conventional LG Chocolate phone (GSM) and install it. you will find it here

LG Chocolate KG 800 PC Sync GSM

Download and Install this AFTER you have installed the CDMA Sync from the first link.

Restart your comp.

Open the Slide of the Phone, then only then plug in the Data cable. (this is only for the first time, works with the slide off also later).

Click LG LINK icon on desktop, DO NOT TRY USING THE LINKS FOR THE GSM PHONE.

The phone will be ready to use. and tehn you can transfer Data to and From the PC.....

Guys Please do your research before you start abusing a phone. It is a wonderful piece of equipment, you only need to be smart enough.

you can reach me at nikhilzmail at lycos dot com if you have any other questions.

Hello People,

I just got a new LG chocolate phone. What I do not understand is why do they supply usb data cables and no software cd? without the pc sync software, the usb cables are of no use. Also, even the LG support services seem to know nothing about it...

Definately LG have made Mistake. To download the Driver We Require Internet. And to Connect Internet We Require Driver

( Pehle Murgi ke Pehle Anda :rofl_200::Contento::D )

In general I have no problems with the phone. Only thing is since it is new no one seems to know anything about it. So there are lot of things we still dont know about the phone

I tried synching the phone as mentioned by nikhil_pune, but for soi me reason am not able to connect. Am getting a timeout msg. Does anyone know anything about it?

Hi Nikhil,

I downloaded LG RD8000 PC Sync, but the zip file has some CRC error and so the Sync program doesnt install. If you have, please email me the LG RD8000 PC Sync program to apurva4376@gmail.com

Regards

Apurva

Hey Guys,

I have a Chocolate myself, and well i am able to sync it with the PC perfectly.

Go on to LG RD8000 PC Sync

This phone is waste of money,

Bought it to gift my friend on birthday, than exchange it to 6275 and gifted her next day.

That touch sensitive thing is boring trust me.

Using Touch Sensitive Button is more tidios and Hassle full. Menu is also Bit Confusing.

i checked that today . cumbersome features . personally at this price it has no value for money . i also second N6275

Hi Guys,

This is my first review for rimweb.com i just bought a LG RD 8000 Chocolate for my mom. I own a nokia 6275. The most striking feature abt this fone 9choc) are the looks, They r very sleek and stylish. second thing are the scrooling keys..they r feather touch..a slight tap does the trick. The fone has an internal memory of 65 mb. choc does'nt support a sd card unlike nokia 6275 neither does it have a radio. the blue tooth is usefull only for transferring picture files.no transferring of music is allowed <_< . Even the blue tooth once switched on works only for 3 mins.. Pictures clicked using the camera are of a good quality (not as clear as my nokia 6275). Along with the handset u get a handsfree with a remote for playing music files, a usb cord and a spare battery. u charge the battery only after attaching it to the handset so the extra battery makes little sense. Sound quality is good. Overall a 3 star rating out of 5 (all for the looks). Priced at 11,500 its low on features compared to nokia 6275 (12,300). My verdict: stick to nokia if u want value for money, if styles's on ur mind go rite ahead and buy the Choc.

I had checked for the drivers on the LG website last week but could not find it. I think both the Reliance and LG have recently put it on their website. I sure hope the software works, especially since I have been trying hard to find the software everywhere.