Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

..But I checked on the Reliance website,there is no option to mail the chairmans office, :Riendo: I think its removed because everyone must be mailing there only so does anyone know whats the Mail id to mail the chairmans office.Please share it with all of us so that we can do something about it.

Well even my Nokia 6265 battery has started performing better than before. :Sorprendido: I have experienced much better talktime and standby time since the last 3-4 days.I dont know whats the exact reason for it but I am happy with the battery now. :Contento:

Yes they have removed that link..instead they have put the link corporate centre..

which is one and the same..i guess..else better mail to Chairman himself..Anil Ambani..

anil.ambani@relianceada.com (source: http://www.reliancecommunications.co.in/In...nsprofile.html)

PS: God knows he checks those mail or not.

Edited by lostjournal

The customer care guys are indeed dodos but I am sure there must be someone (some employee) from Reliance Comm who knows very well of RimWeb.in and that person follows our posts regularly. Since the launch of Nokia 6265 this person saw that people are enjoying WAP soo much and discussing and showing screenshots of WAP on various posts. He must have taken this idea to ADA and shown him..hey this is where you can tap the customers and earn a few more bucks.

No use calling customer care. I have seen half of them dont even know how to speak english.. so forget them being technical enough to answer our queries.

Regards

Mainak

I think Reliance will charge WAP access the same way Hutch does for GPRS access; ie Rs 49 pm rental plus Re.0.10 per 10kb data access charges. Or maybe they may bring out an unltd plan at Rs 249 pm rental (like the new RWorld plan or maybe even link it to that, of course for free; this way their ARPU will increase)

There is no way they will charge lesser as they want to maximise ARPU by any means.

Well some bloke from Reliance must definitely be reading all our posts and they are always awaiting an opportunity to charge more and more from us. So, why not we ourselves give them some suggestions via this post on the charges we are ready to pay for WAP access.

I will be agreeable with schumi, to a Rs 25 pm rental for WAP access. Anything more is not acceptable.

Thanks

If its Rs 25/month, I will pay too provided Reliance enables WAP on 6235. If they can't enable it on 6235, let it be disabled on 6265 and 6155 too :Sorprendido:

In this handset is it possible to browse in landscape mode?

Well even I think Reliance wont start the WAP service again soon.I think it will take another month or maybe more. :Chulo: If they start it early then well and good.But I see no reason why Reliance will offer this service free of cost or include it in R-world membership.I think Reliance will charge another Rs 25/month for WAP access.And I am sure many of us including me will have no problems in paying Rs 25/month and enjoy WAP.Now actually the problem is that we have already used WAP for about 15-20 days and we really enjoyed it and now Reliance has stopped it so after experiencing it practically,now we want it more and Reliance is taking the advantage of it. :Equivocado: I feel its no use contacting Reliance Cust care for it.Because we all know how useless they are.Some Rel CC executives dont even know what is WAP. :Chulo: We all should atleast send 1 mail/day to the chairmans office regarding this.Even if 10 of us continue to send a mail to the chairmans office for about a week then I think it should have some impact and hopefully WAP starts again.But I checked on the Reliance website,there is no option to mail the chairmans office, :Riendo: I think its removed because everyone must be mailing there only so does anyone know whats the Mail id to mail the chairmans office.Please share it with all of us so that we can do something about it.

Well even my Nokia 6265 battery has started performing better than before. :Sorprendido: I have experienced much better talktime and standby time since the last 3-4 days.I dont know whats the exact reason for it but I am happy with the battery now. :Contento:

You know, all the batteries have started giving better performance after the WAP access was disabled......

I have a feeling thats its because we've stopped using the phone on WAP all day.

What do u say?

Well yes now as WAP is not working so the battery is working more than before but even when the WAP was working,the battery of my Nokia 6265 handset had started performing better so I think even when WAP starts again,my battery should give a good talktime and standby time. :Sorprendido:

Reliance has finally listed the Nokia 6265 handset under Video Camera handsets category as earlier it was listed under Colour handset with Camera. http://www.reliancecommunications.co.in/Co...m_handsets.html

Edited by schumi

How To take good care of your phone battery!!!!!!!!!

This article I found on an international forum. I think it would be helpful to all of us.

Good care in this case means, when you first bought the phone, it had some charge ni the battery, which you should have used up till the battery goes 0% and switches off itself. Then, WITH YOUR MOBILE PHONE TURNED OFF, you should have charged it for at least 8 hours. This, will restore the maximum amount of Lithium Ions in your battery. After the first charge, for at least about three months and so, you should have let the battery empty to 0% and charge it to full with your mobile phone OFF (no more 8 hours though) After this three months, your battery will gain its efficiency level. This, will lead to your battery being full-utilised. The explaination to this is;

Your battery is composed of two different substances. It's either Nickel/Cadmium, Nickel/Metal Hydride, Lithium Ions, etc. These substances expand and compress simultaneously when the phone is being used or being charged. So when the phone is ON and CHARGING at the same time, both substances will compress together and the result? Both substances will be compressed to the same level (50%) and your battery loses its reliability. When these substances has compressed to this level, you cant do much about it anymore. That's why, when your phone is fully charged, it displays the battery as full (because no more charge can be sent in) but in the actual thing, the battery is only about half or more of the actual content. Many people thought that charging the 8 hours for the first time was useless. That's because people didnt want to knoe WHY was it necessary at the first place. So, combining physics and chemistry, this is the scientific explaination for it. This is why when you purchase a new battery, you get only 3 months warranty at most. Any shop owner who give out longer period must be out of his mind because within this period, the phone gains its actual reliability. Hopefully people will read this and from this point, they will realize the need of the full charge. Yes, everyone gets excited with a new phone. But, spending some extra hours for your phone to charge will at least prevent you to hate your phone in the future.

@ kaushal

gr8 information dude.

Hi Schumi,

could you please let me know if there is any software available to record the voice while on call I mean, on call voice recording. please provide me the data if you would have used.

Thanks in advance,

Ravi

good news.....after complaining a number of times of *333 and chairman's ofice i got 5 calls from chairmans office saying sorry for not able to use WAP...finall they told me that techinical team is looking for the probelme and surely WAP will be available .Reliance has not barred.

i had mailed to chairman's office adressing anil ambani for cheating us and told to go to consumer court...

hope things will sort out soon...please keep your complains continue like this.........and efforts made together will surely bear fruits....

Hi Schumi,

could you please let me know if there is any software available to record the voice while on call I mean, on call voice recording. please provide me the data if you would have used.

Thanks in advance,

Ravi

Well I have not come across any such software as yet.And I dont think you will get this software so easily on the Net and even If you get this software on the Net it will surely be expensive.I was using the Panasonic GD90 handset about 3-4 yrs back and in that handset there was a option to record call conversations(voice) but I dont think any of the Nokia handsets have it.

Hi Schumi,

Thanks in advance,

Ravi

Well I have not come across any such software as yet.And I dont think you will get this software so easily on the Net and even If you get this software on the Net it will surely be expensive.I was using the Panasonic GD90 handset about 3-4 yrs back and in that handset there was a option to record call conversations(voice) but I dont think any of the Nokia handsets have it.

I remember Nokia 3230, it had this function, there are some softwares to record calls available for S60 series, not sure of S40

I am having trouble with MMS even now, I can only receive MMS sent by myself, any MMS sent by another reliance user is not received by me, even when i send it to another 6265 user it reaches the webpage MMS inbox not the phone. Can somebody please please please help me out. :Confuso::help::help::help:

Hi Schumi,

Thanks in advance,

Ravi

I remember Nokia 3230, it had this function, there are some softwares to record calls available for S60 series, not sure of S40

I am having trouble with MMS even now, I can only receive MMS sent by myself, any MMS sent by another reliance user is not received by me, even when i send it to another 6265 user it reaches the webpage MMS inbox not the phone. Can somebody please please please help me out. :Confuso::help::help::help:

I had a similar problem initially. i don't know how it got solved but you can try the following beacause i tried so many tings i don't know which one worked.

Try to switch on the image scaling feature of the phone....this decreases the size of the image (phones like lg 6330 cannot recieve very large images)

Check if the other 6265 user has sent a MMS ever.....i only started recieving mms on mine after i sent one.

you can PM me and i'll give u my phone no...u can try sending mms on that.....and maybe you'll succeed. lets hope for the best.

I hope that the WAP starts soon.

As far the MMS problem is concerned, I am able to send MMS to 6130 ( i have sent only one so far). I am not sure if the Pic was resized because it was 348kb image. But it got delivered fine.

I have recieved MMS from Munna who is using 6265 and Mitul who was using 6255.

The Buggers have also mentioned on their renovated page that the phone has web browsing facility.

So it is not by mistake that WAP was present.

Edited by tanveer

good news.....after complaining a number of times of *333 and chairman's ofice i got 5 calls from chairmans office saying sorry for not able to use WAP...finall they told me that techinical team is looking for the probelme and surely WAP will be available .Reliance has not barred.

i had mailed to chairman's office adressing anil ambani for cheating us and told to go to consumer court...

hope things will sort out soon...please keep your complains continue like this.........and efforts made together will surely bear fruits....

Thats some good news then...probably list out the phone number or email id of the chairman and then all can send complaints there. May be then they will act fast.

Well yes now as WAP is not working so the battery is working more than before but even when the WAP was working,the battery of my Nokia 6265 handset had started performing better so I think even when WAP starts again,my battery should give a good talktime and standby time. :confuse:

Reliance has finally listed the Nokia 6265 handset under Video Camera handsets category as earlier it was listed under Colour handset with Camera. http://www.reliancecommunications.co.in/Co...m_handsets.html

Well...even i am having better battery life now. it lasts me two days with considerable talk time and usage.

I guess the main culprit was the WAP usage and R World usage. Since i have not used the same...it seems to be giving better life.

I Had earlier mentioned it dat data transfer will take more battery power than Voice calls. :confuse:

Please try to go through the thread before posting your queries.

All this has been talked about at lenght.

Paradox Studios is porting all their existing games for Nokia 6265. Reliance will start releasing it in October.

Hi All,

The following is the email I received from Nokia Helpline. This is being shared for the benefit of fellow users of 6265. Hope it is useful.

Thanks

Email:-

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Aug 21, 2006 9:00 AM

Subject: Nokia - Kumaar Shah - N6265 Phone Enquiry

To: kumarent@gmail.com

Dear Mr. Shah,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

This e-mail is in reference to your enquiry regarding Nokia 6265 phone. We appreciate your valuable feedback regarding the unavailability of Nokia 6265 phone under the support section in our website and the unavailability of phone lock system on your handset. We have forwarded the same to the relevant department for further course of action. An update in this regard shall be posted on the web site.

In reference to your enquiry about the stand by time, please note that there may be a variation in stand by / talk time depending on the network signal strength, profile settings and usage style. Kindly note that the use of FM radio and integrated hands-free might also affect the talk time and the standby.

Battery Talk time and Standby time mentioned in the sales pack are estimates and depend on network configuration, signal strength, features used, battery age and condition, charging practices, temperatures to which battery is exposed, whether use is in digital mode (or analog mode, if applicable), and many other factors. The amount of time a phone is used for calls will affect its Standby time. Likewise, the amount of time that the phone is turned on and is in standby mode will affect its Talk time.

You may kindly note, to achieve optimal performance from a new battery it usually takes two to three, complete charge and discharge cycles. We recommend you to charge the battery only when it has completely discharged. You would have to charge the battery until you get the message 'Battery Full'.

Kindly note that you can send and receive messages containing text, images, audio and video with MMS 1.2 (up to 600K message size) on this handset. The message storage capacity depends on the shared memory of this handset and further this handset does not support enhancing the message storage capacity on this handset.

We request you to kindly contact your network operator regarding the concern you are facing with the WAP browser in your handset.

For more information on Nokia 6265 phone, kindly access the following web link:

http://www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,8764,87154,00.html

For further enquiries, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Executives at 30303838 or 1800-425-3388 between the hours of 6:00am and 12:00 midnight, seven days a week. For online support, visit "Have a question? Ask Nokia" at www.nokia.co.in. You may also find answers to your queries at www.nokia.co.in/support . We reassure you of our continuous support.

Please help us improve our services by clicking on the following link:

https://digiumenterprise.com/answer/?sid=42...mp;chk=EPHPXYH6

Kind regards,

Catherine Sumiya Joseph

Nokia Care

Edited by khs123

Thats some good news then...probably list out the phone number or email id of the chairman and then all can send complaints there. May be then they will act fast.

well i wrote to the chairman's office as well and got 4 calls from them yestetday, finally they said they r upgrading the network and hence this issue but it will be resolved by 27 Aug 06.

well i wrote to the chairman's office as well and got 4 calls from them yestetday, finally they said they r upgrading the network and hence this issue but it will be resolved by 27 Aug 06.

I got a call too.... gave me the same date i.e. 27th.

lets see.

I did not get any messages from them but I got a call from the nodal officer who was hell bent on sending me to the Nokia service center. I had a hard time explaining to her that it is not a Handset related problem.

Then she asked me whether I had complained on *333 I told her I had and I gave her the complaint number.

She called up after sometime and then told me the coplaint number was wrong.

So i will call up the CC agian and give her the complaint number.

But its good that they are at least not saying that there is no problem at all.

I have a query about NOTES in 6265.

When I store anything in my NOTES, I want it to be displayed on the wallpaper (i.e. the main display) so that I can be easily reminded.

But whenever I store anything in the NOTES, it does not appear on the main display, but everytime I have to go to ORGANIZER->NOTES and check them.

Does anybody know how to make it appear on the main display?

Please help