Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

Bangalore has the crappiest speeds I've ever seen!!! You're lucky to get 4-5 KBps. I usually get around 3!!!

Your phone isnt to blame dont worry man!

Nokia 6265 advertisement appeared on TV today.... so finally people outside this forum will also wake up to this phone :-)

I have a query about NOTES in 6265.

When I store anything in my NOTES, I want it to be displayed on the wallpaper (i.e. the main display) so that I can be easily reminded.

But whenever I store anything in the NOTES, it does not appear on the main display, but everytime I have to go to ORGANIZER->NOTES and check them.

Does anybody know how to make it appear on the main display?

Please help

Well just follow the following steps :

1.Goto Menu>Organiser>Calender>Select the date for which you want to be reminded>Press Options>Make a Note>Reminder>Type your Note>Alarm On>Select the time.

Thats it ! You will be reminded by an alarm and the Note will be flashed on your display at the particular time. :P

@Zappu

Even I saw the Nokia 6265 advertisement on Tv today and its pretty good but I feel its similar to the Nokia 6255 Ad but obviously with modifications but overall its Ok.Even in the Ad only one colour is displayed so I dont think any other colour handset will be launched.But Maybe after few months you might get the body of this handset in different colours as you get it of Nokia 6255 handset now in the grey market.

:P ok guys a real bad news to all the WAP lovers...

i received 2 cals yesterday from reliance chairman's office regarding my complain that wap is not working ...

the person explained me that we were able to acess WAP just because it was under testing phase and it was by mistake we were acessing this. as relaince has not started WAP service officially so we wont be able to acess WAP any more untill they have done their testing completely and then they will bring out some plan to offer WAP and some specific fee may be per month or may be download it depends ....and no confirmation when this WAP service will be available...

till then again wait wait and wait................... :)

this message was confirmed to me twice that WAP will not be available as if now but will be available shortly very soon but no confirmation when..

Thats bad news. I dont mind paying but they should come up with it quickly.

it is very very :'( :help::(:( bad news.

i also conform it from my friend working in reliance CC

s**t s**t

Edited by mandu1

:'( ok guys a real bad news to all the WAP lovers...

i received 2 cals yesterday from reliance chairman's office regarding my complain that wap is not working ...

the person explained me that we were able to acess WAP just because it was under testing phase and it was by mistake we were acessing this. as relaince has not started WAP service officially so we wont be able to acess WAP any more untill they have done their testing completely and then they will bring out some plan to offer WAP and some specific fee may be per month or may be download it depends ....and no confirmation when this WAP service will be available...

till then again wait wait and wait................... :help:

this message was confirmed to me twice that WAP will not be available as if now but will be available shortly very soon but no confirmation when..

About Wap

I hope what you said is not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have also spoken to many people at Reliance CC but nobody told me anything like this.

I had also sent a mail to their service assurance cell and they said that there is a tecnical problem and will be resolved by 27th august.

The mail goes as follows

Thank you for contacting Reliance Service Assurance Cell.

We understand the challenges faced by you due to delay in reply from our side.

This is in response to your concern regarding WAP Access on the Nokia 6265 for your Reliance Mobile number.

As per the confirmation received from the concerned technical team, we would like to inform your Reliance Mobile customers using the above-mentioned handset may face issue in accessing WAP enabled sites. This issue is expected to be resolved by 27-08-2006.

Your patience in this regard shall be highly appreciated.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

We are committed to serve you the best and value your association with us and we look forward to taking our valuable relationship to even greater heights.

For further details, you can visit our web-site www.reliancecommunications.co.in or write to us at customercare@relianceada.com or fax us at 022-3033 6565. You can also call Reliance Customer Care by dialling *333 or 3033 3333 from your Reliance Mobile or Reliance Hello Phone or by dialling 022-3033 3333 from any other phone.

Yours sincerely,

Shiuli Deb

Service Assurance

The information provided is based on prevailing terms and conditions of the company, which, are subject to change without prior notice.

This electronic message transmission contains information from Reliance Infocomm & is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, beware that any disclosure, copy distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received the electronic transmission in error please notify us immediately.

Hope this email turns out to be true.

There are others who have recieved calls that gave similar dates and promises

Hii !

To send MMS through reliance web site please visit http://mms.relianceinfo.com/mms/do/login

Log in to your account or Sign Up for those who are not registered and then Select MMS from the options u get.

Once u sign in u ll be able to send MMS from the site though the charges will be added to ur bill.

Cheers!

Abhishek

Thats news!

Hi Guys,

I tried using the store images feature in the pc suite...... it gives option to store images and videos from the phone to pc. According to the manual and help files, only the new images are downloaded from the phone each time u use the feature i.e. only the photos clicked since last use of utility....... but i found that each time the software identifies the old images also as new ones and redownloads them onto the pc.

Has anyone else experienced the same? what is the way to get around this problem?

Hii !

To send MMS through reliance web site please visit http://mms.relianceinfo.com/mms/do/login

Log in to your account or Sign Up for those who are not registered and then Select MMS from the options u get.

Once u sign in u ll be able to send MMS from the site though the charges will be added to ur bill.

Cheers!

Abhishek

:help: :'( Nice Find Dude How Come Till Now My "khoji" Mind Didn't Explored It.Thanks :(

I am looking to buy new smartphone, right now using 6130

i gone through this thread completely but yet not found can i install real media player, as all my songs are in rm format. Is it good to buy 6265 or shall i go for any other nokia smartphone like N72 ?

np u can not install real player in this phone.

depends on what CSP u plan to stick to, if it is RIM, this is the most advanced phone till date otherwise u can buy any of the N series phones

hi am using reliance net connect using my nokia 6265 through bluetooth. am able to surf @ 4-5 kbps. and i used http://us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer/ to test the speed. can i know other users experience in this regard

thank u all

ravi

In bangalore is net connection is faster or slower than other handsets like LG 2130(My current handset)

compared to 6265?

I am looking to buy new smartphone, right now using 6130

i gone through this thread completely but yet not found can i install real media player, as all my songs are in rm format. Is it good to buy 6265 or shall i go for any other nokia smartphone like N72 ?

i have a small PC software that converts rm files to mp3, wav etc...let me know if u want it

hello everyone...

i would like to report a bug in 6265.....its a perculiur behaviour of phone...

when we are watching any video on the phone and in the mean time if any message or call comes the video is instantly stoped and the video pointer is started from the starting of the video..this is annoying as we dont have any option to farst forward any video so in this way we have to watch the whole video or movie from the beginning... but on the other hand if we are listenning to music on media player or listenning radio the music pauses and starts instantly after the call has been over or the message tone has alerted...

even i tried to solve it but was just partially suceeded...i did the following settings .. i made a profile naming it" movie watching" in this is just i switched off all the alerts of call/message or vibration and then applied and now tried to watch the movie but this works only for messages as when we receive message it just display message icon on the screen and movie continues as it is but if we receive call, in this came it should be like this that the video should pause at that instant and after call or rejecting the call the video should resume but it starts from the beggining...

i have tried to load a whole movie to the SD card and to my surprise a movie " golmaal" only took about 50 mb of space, just because of low size and compression of #GPP format... so now just imagine a one GB card can be so so bigger in comparison to a hard disk of a PC i beleive 1 GB here means 80 GB on PC but its true just for videos/games and application but not for MP3 as its the same format used in both so no compression and no less space on mobile. this is another good reason to just love your 6265 mobile....i think i am in love with 6265 each day i find it usefull and enjoyable

i beleive it would be more appropriate to compare 1GB of sd card with 40 GB of PC hard disk in terms of (video/applications or games)

:Riendo: I have downloaded the Nokia Diego software 3.0 but whenever I try to connect my Nokia 6265 handset to it,I get the error message " Nokia Security Control-Unable to locate Dongle,Exiting application ". Can someone help :( I am trying to connect via Bluetooth Dongle.

@Schumi: try only with Data cable, I dont think it will work with BT

I had used it with 6255 using data cable

Hi Guys,

After reading multiple reviews and research I have also joined Nokia 6265 club. Today I have purchased Nokia 6265 :confuse: . It’s really damn cool handset. This is the best and rich featured model that Nokia has for CDMA users.

Let’s discuss some more pros & cons:

The Biggest problem in this handset is it’s “Speed” it’s really slow. Even while opening normal menu there is some latency in compare with Nokia 6255.

Now List of good feature already listed by many users. They are absolutely right about the enrich features available in this handset like:

1. 2MPx camera

2. 4x zoom

3. Wide Screen with awesome resolution and clarity

4. Capability to handle the pictures (Take picture horizontally, it will be automatically saved vertically)

5. Enhanced security

6. Good quality headset

7. Music Player etc etc

Overall set is good and ready to compete the GSM market in same range of price and quality.

Keep enjoying the new handset and keep posting reviews, suggestions, best practices, applications etc etc

Regards,

Pushpendra Tiwari

New Delhi, India

Hi guys,

Need so help from u all...i own a nokia 6265 for around a mnth now & what i have noticed is somehow, sum dust particles have entered my phone...what i mean is in my screen i can see some dust particales...unlike other nokia phone i cant find a way to open it and clean it....

As i am sure u r aware nokia phone have a cover which has a portion which is transparent below that is the real screen....between that i see dust particales....i hope ive explained this well.....

Any1 in here knows how to open the cover to clean it....or has any1 faced the same problem & got it cleant frm sumwhere....do let me knw guys

P.S i am very suprised how it has entered coz i tried searching any place from where it can enter but failed to find out.....

Chow

I think it would be better if you take your phone to Nokia Care center. that way there will be no problems with the warranty.