Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

Hi.

Does any one know whether 6265 has Visual Radio or not?

What is the difference between series 40 and series 60 UI ?

Thanks

Abhishek

I installed Opera Mini on my 6265 and internet is working really nice now but the only issue is that all sites are opening as full version and not WAP version which makes it difficult to navigate.

Even I have downloaded the Opera Mini software on Nokia 6265 handset.But still there is one problem,sometimes still the Error pop ups and then we have to retry again.Otherwise its really good we can actually open any site like we surf on the Computer.Does anyone have any solution to resolve the Error problem in this software,are there any new versions available in this software :confuse:

Also does anyone know any good sites to download free Nokia 40 series jar themes.I have tried several sites but all have sis format themes which are not supported by the Nokia 6265 handset.The Nokia 6265 supports only jar format applications and games.

try www.getjar.com for jar applications

At www.zedge.net if you search themes for Nokia 6230i, there are tons of them, all compatible with 6265..i've tried n downloaded n they work very well

Edited by romaj

I installed Opera Mini on my 6265 and internet is working really nice now but the only issue is that all sites are opening as full version and not WAP version which makes it difficult to navigate.

Zappu & Schumi :P Can you U people help me? I am using default 64 mb card & wanted to try Opera Mini so can you suggest me step by step procedure to load it on my 6265 pl. consider me as newbie for WAP usage, I am having DKU-2 cable so suggest me how to load with that cable & also let me know outgoing per month if you use such services as I called *333 for 5 different times & they are unware of such word :confuse: WAP serives.

Zappu & Schumi :P Can you U people help me? I am using default 64 mb card & wanted to try Opera Mini so can you suggest me step by step procedure to load it on my 6265 pl. consider me as newbie for WAP usage, I am having DKU-2 cable so suggest me how to load with that cable & also let me know outgoing per month if you use such services as I called *333 for 5 different times & they are unware of such word :confuse: WAP serives.

In your phone go to R-World then on the left bottom click "Menu" then go to "Enter the URL" and then enter http://mini.opera.com/.... then press "Go"... try it 2-3 times and your browser in phone would open a site. On that site click on the link "Download Opera Mini" then your phone would ask you if you want to download and then say Yes and downlod it to any of your folder. The process will then guide you.

Also there are no separate charges for WAP. Its the same as using R-World.

hi friends,

i had been reading this session from last 6 month and i also recently got the new nokia 6265 silver color phone its really amazing mobile i liked it very much ...

i think now we should stop discussing about the handset cost .... every body know its actually value

i know the cost of handset for dealer price is 14,500 but still i brought at Rs 16,500 from the nokia dealer in vashi sector 17

hey friends i had downloaded the themes also try this site out : for themes

http://gallery.mobile9.com

its really lovely

can any body let me know any other website from where we can download the themes & games for 6265

is there any software available to play the .ram files in this handset ????

.wav files does not support this handset

i think lets stop discussing about the prices and which color is available in the market all that stuff

lets go out in what else we can add it in this handset right???

1. I cant watch any images in www site in my 6265 mobile.

2. i m install mini opera software throught my mobile, but it was not working properly.

please my frds help me

Hi !

try this the long programming code...

*3001#12345#

just key in the digits and a screen will appear just after pressing the last #

this will give you the entire details of your handset along with server, network, etc...

I have tried this out and it provides amazing info... i tried this just to get IMEI number.... so came to know that the ESN number which is provided on the box of the handset as well as in the battery area is the IMEI number...

@ Zappu

As you are also using the Opera Mini software to access Wap, I want to know whether you are also facing the problem which I am facing regarding Error popping up(An Error occurred) again and again, atleast I have to try 2-3 times to successfully open a site.Please let me know soon.

No replies? to my below queries?

Is there any application to password protect folders?

Is there any application to Record calls?

Will S30 application run on 6265, as this is s40 phone?

Hope some expert replies, Shumi your comments?

@ Zappu

As you are also using the Opera Mini software to access Wap, I want to know whether you are also facing the problem which I am facing regarding Error popping up(An Error occurred) again and again, atleast I have to try 2-3 times to successfully open a site.Please let me know soon.

I also face this issue in Opera but the chances of error popping up is far lower than inbuilt minibrowser. When I start Opera, I face this issue initially but once I get going then I can surf seamlessly.

@ Zappu

I also face this issue in Opera but the chances of error popping up is far lower than inbuilt minibrowser. When I start Opera, I face this issue initially but once I get going then I can surf seamlessly.

Same here. Opera Mini works far better than inbuilt minibrowser. Flurry Mail is doing a good job too. However I just that you configure Flurry mail only for your account which has good spam filter like gmail! Sancharnet, rediffmail are not so good and Flurry Mail gets flooded with spam too!

No replies? to my below queries?

Is there any application to password protect folders?

Is there any application to Record calls?

Will S30 application run on 6265, as this is s40 phone?

Hope some expert replies, Shumi your comments?

1.I dont think there are any applications for password protection folders

2.Again I dont think there is any software for recording calls

3.Yet again I dont think series 30 softwares will work with series 40 handset because they are technically different but still you can try maybe some might work.

@ Zappu

Well yes I agree that the Opera Mini software is better than the Mini browser but still its very irritating when that error pops up,Is there any setting or solution for this :confuse: Also tell me exactly from where and how did you download the software on your handset.Did you directly download it on your mobile or did you download it on your computer then installed it using Nokia Installation software.Also as you mentioned that at the time of initial connection only you face this problem but then later does this error pop up or it doesnot pop up after that at all.Please answer to all the above mentioned questions soon.

Well yes I agree that the Opera Mini software is better than the Mini browser but still its very irritating when that error pops up,Is there any setting or solution for this :confuse: Also tell me exactly from where and how did you download the software on your handset.Did you directly download it on your mobile or did you download it on your computer then installed it using Nokia Installation software.Also as you mentioned that at the time of initial connection only you face this problem but then later does this error pop up or it doesnot pop up after that at all.Please answer to all the above mentioned questions soon.

I downloaded it directly from minibrowser and installed it on my SD card. I dont face any issue on same website. For example if I am get on to gmail then I dont get error accessign anything on gmail. I face issues when I change domains but then again its only during the entry/homepage loading.

Surprisingly I am not able to open webmail.relianceada.com if I have to check my official mails even after unlimited tries. Also its very difficult to open any reliance site using WAP because of some internal problems with Reliance IDC and Reliance Infocomm.

I am trying to find ways to remove this problem forever. Let me know if you come across any settings.

hi again

chirag i have tried to using that website link

"http://www.crazy4mobilez.com/gogames.asp?series=40"

but i think the desktop themes for nokia 6265 is not available in this link because all the themes have is .sis files which does not support 6265 handsets

please let me know if u have any other sites?????

i have also downloaded one game and it do work

do let me know what exactly this opera mini browser is and for what it is i use i have been hearing a lot in this discussion about it??

Check out below site for Themes, This should work

http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/nokia-6265i-themes/1/

http://www.mobileheart.com/themes/Symbian-...s-40-themes.asp

Also Regarding Opera browser, your query will be answered here....

http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/operamini/

Guys does this phone support video ringtones?

Abhishek

yes it does,

here is the datasheet that says to too

In case you want to know how to use this

Go to:

Menu>Settings>Tones>Incoming Call Video

Thats it! Select the video u want and it will play as the video and ring tone

Hope this helps

Hi Guys,

I have read almost every Message on this perticular Thread. I was also eagerly waiting for N6265 to get Launched.

I have two questions for u all who has got this baby in hand:

1. How many SMS can be saved on phone? Can SMS be saved on MiniSD Card?? What is the Max number of SMS that can be saved?

2. Does anyone know place near Malad where I can get this baby in Best Price??

Thank You.

Hi Guys,

I have read almost every Message on this perticular Thread. I was also eagerly waiting for N6265 to get Launched.

I have two questions for u all who has got this baby in hand:

1. How many SMS can be saved on phone? Can SMS be saved on MiniSD Card?? What is the Max number of SMS that can be saved?

2. Does anyone know place near Malad where I can get this baby in Best Price??

Thank You.

Well I still need to check the number of messages which can be stored, however the messages get stored on the UIM card and then if that is full then it stores on the phone. Memory storage on the phone is upto the extent of 24 Mb which is more than enough to Store approximate 300 Contacts, 100-150 Messages. You can select options where to save when a new message comes. But still to check whether we can store the same on the memory card or no.

I got my Phone from Reliance express world in Malad, Opp toyota Showroom Link road.

Also I got another handset from borivali express world near pizza hut.

Both I got for 16500/-

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

Congratulation Schumi , I was also frustated with that old Thread of 6265 where people are still asking for Colour , best Price , free stuff.... Keep it up man & please try to catch others 6265 users in your Thread.

thanks schumi

but i hv something to know

do u chk the video player of this phone.

does it play video ? and what is the quality of it .

thanks schumi

but i hv something to know

do u chk the video player of this phone.

does it play video ? and what is the quality of it .

Yes it does play and record video, else why will they provide a video player?

It supports H.263, MPEG4, 3GPP & 3GPP2 formats.

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

I've used the phone for a day.

2 points:

the world clock application is of no use as you can't set the phone time to indian region and the user guide mentions a feature of phone lock but it doesn't figure in the security menu.....just shows the pin and the security code options.

Also if you want to set a personalised banner..... u need to turn off the auto time update feature, otherwise the default banner (Reliance) comes on itself.

I'm still new to the phone and the forum......will post new observations/ queries in the coming days.

thanks schumi

Can you tell more about Video Player i.e

1. Does nokia 6265 play video in landscape(Full Screen) mode.

2. Does nokia 6265 support Video with Stereo Audio.

Does nokia 6265 have video ringtones.

thanks schumi

Can you tell more about Video Player i.e

1. Does nokia 6265 play video in landscape(Full Screen) mode.

2. Does nokia 6265 support Video with Stereo Audio.

Does nokia 6265 have video ringtones.

1. Does nokia 6265 play video in landscape(Full Screen) mode. Yes it does

2. Does nokia 6265 support Video with Stereo Audio. Dont know the audio format but I assume its stereo.

3. Does nokia 6265 have video ringtones? Yes it does have video ringtones.