Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

Hi Schumi

I have used this phone and know almost all features, had few issues.

1. If you want to check the calls list by clicking on the lower left key you will get the list of calls dialled, but it wont show the whole call list (Incoming,Missed, Rejected). Incase you wanna make a call to a number from where you previously recieved a call then you have to go to the Log and open recieved calls and from there you can dial the number....

Is there any way where when i click on the lower left key it will show me all the calls?

There should be someway....I dont think Nokia can make such a software where this basic thing is missing.

2.Also another thing which I dont like is the volumes button on the right side of the phone. Theres noway where we can adjust the volumes through the menu. what if in future the those buttons dont work properly? I think there should be atleast 2 options in the phone for each feature.

3. When you activate the Meeting profile with the follwing settings....and then you recieve a call, you will have option only to dismiss the call, you cant put the vibrator off by pressing once and then disconnect when you press it for the second time.

a. Incoming call alert - Off

b. Ringing tone- any

c. Incoming call video -off

d. Ringing Volume- any

e. Light Indicator - off

f. Vibrating alert - on

g. message alert tone- on

h. Keypad tones - off

i. warning tones - off

j. Alert for - All Calls

k. Profile Name - Meeting

Though I have found out a solution to this, by adding a ringtone which wont have any volumes (Blank tone) and then Put the Incoming call alert - on....when activated the phone will actually be ringing however as its blank it wont be audible and also will give the option to put it on silence which will turn the vibrator off thus saving the battery...

Let me know if there is any other way...I know its very long query however I think this is very basic problem which will be faced by many of us very soon...If no resolution then i think the solution i gave is the best.....

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

Hi All,

1. If you want to check the calls list by clicking on the lower left key you will get the list of calls dialled, but it wont show the whole call list (Incoming,Missed, Rejected). Incase you wanna make a call to a number from where you previously recieved a call then you have to go to the Log and open recieved calls and from there you can dial the number....

Is there any way where when i click on the lower left key it will show me all the calls?

There should be someway....I dont think Nokia can make such a software where this basic thing is missing.

2.Also another thing which I dont like is the volumes button on the right side of the phone. Theres noway where we can adjust the volumes through the menu. what if in future the those buttons dont work properly? I think there should be atleast 2 options in the phone for each feature.

3. When you activate the Meeting profile with the follwing settings....and then you recieve a call, you will have option only to dismiss the call, you cant put the vibrator off by pressing once and then disconnect when you press it for the second time.

b. Ringing Tone - any

d. Ringing Volume- any

e. Light Indicator - off

f. Vibrating alert - on

h. Keypad tones - off

i. warning tones - off

j. Alert for - All Calls

Though I have found out a solution to this, by adding a ringtone which wont have any volume (Blank tone) and then Put the Incoming call alert - on....when activated the phone will actually be ringing however as its blank it wont be audible and also will give the option to put it on silence which will turn the vibrator off thus saving the battery...

Let me know if there is any other way...I know its very long query however I think this is very basic problem which will be faced by many of us very soon...If no resolution then i think the solution i gave is the best.....

Dear Chirag,

Here all of u r qustions solutions

1. First go to the "go to" options then click "Options" buttons and then click "Select Options" and mark all those things which u want. there is a simple way to check the missed call , Received call n Ringing Valume.

2. Also there is another way also by clicking Menu>Setting>Phone>Nevigation Key.

So that u can change the setting in u r Scroll Key bec this key has phone names in upper n lower button

I have a one query regarding display name that when i go to the Menu>Setting>Display>Banner>Personalise But friends I cant change the banner name instead of Relaince

So any one has got this solution then pl reply me

In case you want to know how to use this

Go to:

Menu>Settings>Tones>Incoming Call Video

Thats it! Select the video u want and it will play as the video and ring tone

Hope this helps

there is one problem with the video ringtone... if you try to assign the entire group in the contacts then video files are not supported....

hence video ringtones can be assigned only in profiles..

Thanks Pankaj for your reply however this doesnt resolve my problem.

You said that assign the shortcut to Missed and Recieved into the Goto Menu, how ever I will still have to go into each one seperately.....

I wanted a list of calls which will give me all in one like all other phones have....Example

1. Recieved call 123456

2. Dialled call 3456677

3. Dialled call 456789

4. Missed Call 238900

This really helps when you see finally who all you have missed and spoken to.......

The Display problem which you mentioned is the same with me, I cannot change the banner...It simply Comes out of that Menu....

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

None of the nokia phones have such a feature.

I have used 4 nokia phones till date and none of them had a combined menu.

I think u might have got used to such a thing using LG phones.

My 7230 had this feature adn now 6130 too has this.

Agreed Tanveer, Might be I was used to this and thats why was expecting this on Nokia phone as well...

My query number 3 is a valid one I think there is no other option

ALso the display problem...Changing teh Banner...Its not allowing

The new Query I have is how do I check the duration of each call I recived or made, Its very strange that I am not able to check the call duration for each call I recd or I made.........Guys help me out with this..

Again none of the nokia phones that I know of allow you a detailed call log.

It only shows last call duration.

I think that must be the case with this phone too.

I have not used this phone so I cant comment about the banner thing.

Hi guys,

Is there a way to activate the phone lock. the user manual mentions the feature of phone lock but it just doesn't appear on the security sub menu. just mentions the security code and pin code options there.

i really do miss the privacy lock feature of the lg rd7230. is there a way we can lock our inbox and phonebook in this phone.

i wanna know a few things abt the 6265

1) does the video/music player support forward n rewind functions?

2) wat is the sms memory?

3) can ringtones be assigned to individual numbers? or is only for caller groups like the 6255?

Hi All,

b. Ringing Tone - any

d. Ringing Volume- any

e. Light Indicator - off

f. Vibrating alert - on

h. Keypad tones - off

i. warning tones - off

j. Alert for - All Calls

Though I have found out a solution to this, by adding a ringtone which wont have any volume (Blank tone) and then Put the Incoming call alert - on....when activated the phone will actually be ringing however as its blank it wont be audible and also will give the option to put it on silence which will turn the vibrator off thus saving the battery...

Well here are some answers from my side :

1.As many people have mentioned that Nokia handsets dont have this feature then its not surprising that this handset also lacks the feature of having dialled,recieved and missed calls on the press of one button.Lg handsets have this feature but lack many features which Nokia handsets have so we have to live with the handset we choose.Its unrealistic to get everything in one handset.

2.Well I think If they start giving 2 options for every feature then we would demand 3 and it will go on and I dont think it is required.The amount of money they will need to put 2 options for every feature,I think they should spend the same amount of money on making the 1st option perfect.Well I dont see any problems with the Volume keys and I dont see any reason why a second option should be included.

3.Activate the Meeting profile with the options you have picked above and your problem is solved.Now when you recieve any call and when your handset vibrates just press Volume key(side key) once and your handset will become silent and then press the End button and the call will be rejected. :clap:

Regarding the Banner problem as someone mentioned just turn off the Auto time/date updates and then switch off and switch on your handset and your problem will be solved.After you switch on the handset and then If you On the Auto time/date updates also nothing will happen.You will be able to personalise the Banner.

Edited by schumi

3) can ringtones be assigned to individual numbers? or is only for caller groups like the 6255?

Answers to ur queries

1) the media players do not have fast forward or rewind feature>

2) The sms can be stored in UIM (capacity 150) and/or in the phone (approx 20MB for the gallery). i haven't been able to find a way to store the sms into the mini sd card.

3) yes, individual nos. can be assigned ringtones.

hi schumi

i read in one of your posts that ur using netconnect thru bluetooth. just wanted to know if u are using the pc suite to connect or have set it up mannually. i tried to configure the pc suite to use internet via bluetooth....didn't work. could it be a conflict with the pc suite applications? anyway it works fine if i use the mannually configured connection....otherwise it says the there was problem in the bluetooth modem.

help me with this if you can.

Answers to ur queries

1) the media players do not have fast forward or rewind feature>

2) The sms can be stored in UIM (capacity 150) and/or in the phone (approx 20MB for the gallery). i haven't been able to find a way to store the sms into the mini sd card.

3) yes, individual nos. can be assigned ringtones.

Any software available which can be used for the FF n RR thing?

hi schumi

i read in one of your posts that ur using netconnect thru bluetooth. just wanted to know if u are using the pc suite to connect or have set it up mannually. i tried to configure the pc suite to use internet via bluetooth....didn't work. could it be a conflict with the pc suite applications? anyway it works fine if i use the mannually configured connection....otherwise it says the there was problem in the bluetooth modem.

Well yes even I connect using my Bluetooth software and not Nokia pc suite.There is some connectivity driver problem with the Nokia pc suite.I had the same problem in my Nokia 6255 handset also.But as you have mentioned that you are easily able to connect manually then no worries.

Hi guys,

Is there a way to activate the phone lock. the user manual mentions the feature of phone lock but it just doesn't appear on the security sub menu. just mentions the security code and pin code options there.

i really do miss the privacy lock feature of the lg rd7230. is there a way we can lock our inbox and phonebook in this phone.

Well yes there is no option of Phone lock in the security settings of the handset as is mentioned in the manual.Its strange because this feature was there in Nokia 6255 and I cant believe its missing in this handset.I feel there must be some settings for it,will try to figure it out in sometime.

But there is a option of Pin code ON/Off where by whenever you switch on the handset it will ask for a Pin code but If you enter it incorrect for 3 times then it will ask your PUK code and its a big problem then.

There is also a option to protect the phonebook by going in Settings>Security>Security level>Memory.

hi schumi

Well yes even I connect using my Bluetooth software and not Nokia pc suite.There is some connectivity driver problem with the Nokia pc suite.I had the same problem in my Nokia 6255 handset also.But as you have mentioned that you are easily able to connect manually then no worries.

thanks schumi

even i thought so.....

another point to ponder..... can the led flash be used as a flashlight!!!

i mean a flashlight torch

Agreed Tanveer, Might be I was used to this and thats why was expecting this on Nokia phone as well...

My query number 3 is a valid one I think there is no other option

ALso the display problem...Changing teh Banner...Its not allowing

The new Query I have is how do I check the duration of each call I recived or made, Its very strange that I am not able to check the call duration for each call I recd or I made.........Guys help me out with this..

The only Nokia phone that I have ever used which let me c a list of all numbers in one log is Nokia 3230, about the individual call duration..sorry never seen that in Nokia b4

Hi guys, i found the solution to the problem regarding change of banner. it apperently doesn't work if the auto time update feature is turned on. once you turn off that option in the date and time section, you can just switch off the phone once and then personalise the banner. reliance will pop up again if u turn on the aotu time update feature.

i am unable to change teh banner even by following these instructions, please help me out guys

:clap: can anyone help me to transfer the phonebook from LG 5130 to Nokia 6265... :clap:

:clap: can anyone help me to transfer the phonebook from LG 5130 to Nokia 6265... :clap:

Try the instructions posted here. However, you will need the data cable to connect your LG phone to the computer.

Try the instructions posted here. However, you will need the data cable to connect your LG phone to the computer.

Thanks a lot, this is helpful, but i have one more question- how do i convert the LG phonebook to csv and save on my PC?- :clap: sorry this may be a real basic and silly question but i've never done this b4, please help me

can anyone please tell me what extention video files does 6265 support...

i downloaded .mpeg file but it said unsupported file type...

do we also have to download any video player on this phone...

please someone tell me...

Hello all

In Nokia 6265 :

is there facility for sms groups? How many groups can we create and how many numbers in 1 group can we store?

Same for mp3. Can we make diffrent lists for mp3 songs like LG RD6230?

Anyone who has purchased this model , please tell me

Niranjan

Edited by Niranjan Shah

Thanks a lot, this is helpful, but i have one more question- how do i convert the LG phonebook to csv and save on my PC?- :help: sorry this may be a real basic and silly question but i've never done this b4, please help me

You would need a data cable and LG PC Sync for that. You can download PC Sync from www.lgmobiles.com. In case you do not have the data cable and do not want to buy one, you could request a LG Service centre to download and export your phonebook in .csv format, or you could request one of the fellow Mumbai RIMwebian who has the datacable to do that for you :-)

can anyone please tell me what extention video files does 6265 support...

i downloaded .mpeg file but it said unsupported file type...

do we also have to download any video player on this phone...

please someone tell me...

The supported formats are H.263, MPEG4, 3GPP & 3GPP2. The best option is to convert this video into either 3gp or Mp4 (Mpeg4) format. The conversion tools are easily available on net. Xilisoft is one of them. Which Mpeg format you have? I am sure it wont be Mpeg4. Try Xilisoft video conversion tools

I always do that.

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

Hi all

I am planning to get Nokia6265 handset from US one of my friend is coming from there.If I get the handset will I be able to use the reliance service on the new handset or is it necessary that I should get it from reliance. I am already a reliance customer.Can anybody clarify this so that i can inform my friend.

thanks and regards

prasanna

I think it will if it is RUIM enabled. But then again procuring a RUIM without buying a phone from here will be a hassle i guess.

Ask Ashok regarding this.

are u sure the US phone is RUIM enabled?

Also how much is it going to cost you?

Me too am planning to get 6265

can anyone tell me the price of a 1gb card?

has anyone tried the 2Gb card?