Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

HI guys... :clap:

I would like to know a few things abt the 6265 before i jump to that...

please let me know if:

1) it supports sms to many option

2) it allows sms to groups

3) it allows sms exceeding 160 characters in sending and receiving

ALSO.. i would like to know what the stuff abt switching on to gsm system by reliance. I believe they have made a statement that they are coming out with gsm network too. IN case that is true...then what abt this handset? can we use the same one there or not.

PLease reply

Thanks

Dharmesh

1.Yes

2.No

3.No.

Well regarding Reliance shifting to GSM,you can atleast expect another 1-1.5 yrs for it.And I dont think the Nokia 6265 handset will work on GSM tech even with Reliance.Anyways dont think about it too much..still a long time to go.

guys...... my phone's mms started working......i don't whether it was the repeated calls to customer care or was it just a flaw in the system earlier....i got all the mms today evening one by one.

now its working fine...both sending and recieving mms to rim phones and e mails

can someone tell me where to find free 3gp video converter... I have downloaded xilisoft and also tried few others... but each one is trial version and if the movie lenth if of 1 min then it converts only half i.e 30 seconds of it...

please if someone have any software or any link then do provide it.... will be helpful for many, i guess...

The nokai pc suite has a media player inbult which does this job for you.....i also suggest you download the latest pc suit 6.80.22 from their site. the one which comes with 6265 is 6.7 version. the latest version also has a music manager which helps in easy conversion to aac format and transfer of music files from pc to phone.

Hi to convert your videos into 3gp format try this software available on....

http://www.xilisoft.com/3gp-video-converter.html

Hi Everyone,

Gud to read the post with new updates daily, we guys are rocking.

Well DocSinghal, Yes the mms server was down, even I was also facing the same prob. I also got my mms's today in evening. Backend ppl are upgrading I believe.

@ Schumi Dear,

We can sms to groups in nokia 6255 , 6265 & 6235. You can create distribution list in which you can add members upto 10 in numbers and then send sms to distribution lists.

Guys this set is the best so far having gr8 features till now, many lacking features of 6255 have been over come with this set. Thank God reliance hasnt played with the features.

Enjoy !!!!!!!!

can someone tell me where to find free 3gp video converter... I have downloaded xilisoft and also tried few others... but each one is trial version and if the movie lenth if of 1 min then it converts only half i.e 30 seconds of it...

please if someone have any software or any link then do provide it.... will be helpful for many, i guess...

The nokai pc suite has a media player inbult which does this job for you.....i also suggest you download the latest pc suit 6.80.22 from their site. the one which comes with 6265 is 6.7 version. the latest version also has a music manager which helps in easy conversion to aac format and transfer of music files from pc to phone.

ImTOO 3GP Video Converter is also good (Search google for the exe or tell me if ya cant find it, i will upload it somewhere and post that) (pm me if ya want the full version...but i guess the uncracked version worked fine too....dont remember that well though!)

Features include:

- Converts various formats including DVD, VCD, SVCD, MOV, RM, AVI, MPEG, WMV, MPEG1/2/4 to 3GP.

- Converts 3GP to popular audio files, including MP3 and WAV.

- Support batch conversion.

- Support multithreading, you can convert multiple files at the same time.

- Converts any clip or segment of input file. (I had made a 3gp of matrix's fights and had uploaded those in my phone as screensavers in jpeg conversion!)

- Supports preview. Users can preview the input files before conversion.

Edited by theking

ImTOO 3GP Video Converter is also good (Search google for the exe or tell me if ya cant find it, i will upload it somewhere and post that) (pm me if ya want the full version...but i guess the uncracked version worked fine too....dont remember that well though!)

Features include:

- Converts various formats including DVD, VCD, SVCD, MOV, RM, AVI, MPEG, WMV, MPEG1/2/4 to 3GP.

- Converts 3GP to popular audio files, including MP3 and WAV.

- Support batch conversion.

- Support multithreading, you can convert multiple files at the same time.

- Converts any clip or segment of input file. (I had made a 3gp of matrix's fights and had uploaded those in my phone as screensavers in jpeg conversion!)

- Supports preview. Users can preview the input files before conversion.

Try this free software too http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/

HI guys... :)

I would like to know a few things abt the 6265 before i jump to that...

please let me know if:

1) it supports sms to many option

2) it allows sms to groups

3) it allows sms exceeding 160 characters in sending and receiving

ALSO.. i would like to know what the stuff abt switching on to gsm system by reliance. I believe they have made a statement that they are coming out with gsm network too. IN case that is true...then what abt this handset? can we use the same one there or not.

PLease reply

Thanks

Dharmesh

1.Yes

2.No

3.No.

Well regarding Reliance shifting to GSM,you can atleast expect another 1-1.5 yrs for it.And I dont think the Nokia 6265 handset will work on GSM tech even with Reliance.Anyways dont think about it too much..still a long time to go.

Thanx Schumi for the reply

I Am disapointed about the fact that you cannot send sms of more than 160 characters. I mean...how could nokia/reliance not give that facility on a high end phone?

All nokia phones support LMS but not enabled by reliace.

Is there any application to password protect folders?

Check this out Chirag... Moby Explorer.. The software is a File Manager, FTP Client, File Encryption, Text Editor... and many more.. but its paid... http://www.bermin.net/index.html

It does not password protect folders but you can encrypt them.. I havent tried out the software cos I dont have N6265 or any J2ME enabled phone.. There is a trial available.. so you can try... and provide feedback

There is another J2ME ... "Safe" application.. http://www.mbsecretary.com .. Someone can try this out an provide a review.. here..

Regards,

Mainak Sarcar

Edited by MoonDrops

All nokia phones support LMS but not enabled by reliace.

That is indeed sad...is there no way that we can have the back end upgrade that..

do we guys at this forum have a way of representing oursleves out there...can we place a request to them for allowing it?

Ok people I HAVE GOT MY HANDSET AS WELL.

TELL ME WHO ALL ARE WRITING A REVIEW OR I WILL DO THE JOB OVER THE WEEKEND

Ok people I HAVE GOT MY HANDSET AS WELL.

TELL ME WHO ALL ARE WRITING A REVIEW OR I WILL DO THE JOB OVER THE WEEKEND

Finally Welcome to the Nokia 6265 family :P Well I have already posted my review on Page 1,the very 1st Post of this Topic.You can make some adjustments or add your new experiences with this cool handset.

@ Moon drops

I have tried both the softwares and they seem to be good but as usual all good softwares come at a price so I dont think it will attract too many people.Arn't there any good softwares/applications for Nokia 6265 which are free to download and use :quest: I have been searching but didnt find any good application.If anyone has any information then please share it with all of us :D

I am surfing through my phone and r connect.

used the wap as well. except for the errors the overall experience was good.

will write a review soon hopefully over the weekend.

till then having fun!

hey schumi,

i have around 840 wallpapers for the 6265.

i have compressed it .. file size is 23 mb.. where can i upload it so that i can share it with fellow rimweb users?

hey schumi,

i have around 840 wallpapers for the 6265.

i have compressed it .. file size is 23 mb.. where can i upload it so that i can share it with fellow rimweb users?

Appreciate your efforts, However 840 wallpapers is high number, you can compress the best ones and post it on either Megaupload or Rapidshare and then pass on the link to us....its Free.....

Also fine some sites for Software's....

Nobody has still answered this question...does the 6265 play *.avi files??

No! you can not play avi files in this mobile................................................ :sad:

no it does not. and none of the s40 phones would. they will need a third party media player which a s40 phone does not allow

I also got my handset yesterday night.. still figuring out..

n e body help about how to use wap... i tried from R world without any luck.. pls help me....

I also got my handset yesterday night.. still figuring out..

n e body help about how to use wap... i tried from R world without any luck.. pls help me....

Just goto R-world>click on menu>goto Url>enter the site you want.

But I would suggest you to download the Opera Mini software from www.opera-mini.com.