Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

I installed Opera Mini on my 6265 and internet is working really nice now but the only issue is that all sites are opening as full version and not WAP version which makes it difficult to navigate.

i have two queries..both related to WAP..

1) is wap chargeable? or is it free? if chargeable, what is the tariff?

2) are you people able to download pictures and stuffs like that..or is it not allowed like in r-surf?

I installed Opera Mini on my 6265 and internet is working really nice now but the only issue is that all sites are opening as full version and not WAP version which makes it difficult to navigate.

Even I have downloaded the Opera Mini software on Nokia 6265 handset.But still there is one problem,sometimes still the Error pop ups and then we have to retry again.Otherwise its really good we can actually open any site like we surf on the Computer.Does anyone have any solution to resolve the Error problem in this software,are there any new versions available in this software :)

Also does anyone know any good sites to download free Nokia 40 series jar themes.I have tried several sites but all have sis format themes which are not supported by the Nokia 6265 handset.The Nokia 6265 supports only jar format applications and games.

2) are you people able to download pictures and stuffs like that..or is it not allowed like in r-surf?

nobody answered me!!!!! how is the wap speed??

Can anyone browse WAP sites ? I believe reliance locked this feature? Same qn as asked before: Is it chargeable? :)

Download some good applications for 6265 from here http://www.getjar.com/software/Java/Nokia_...es_40v3_240x320

It has flurrymail which can be used to access & download all you mails from gmail, yahoo & hotmail. Its a 60 day trial. Also you can download mobitalk to chat.

Edited by Zappu

@Panks

Let me know which Bluetooth software have you loaded on your Laptop and also have you ever used Bluetooth dongle before :P After you answer to these questions then I will be able to help you out better :)

I have purchased a bluetooth from shop n its price of Rs 350/- . It has come with a mini bluetooth software cd. And i already installed it. but when i called *333 then they told me the procedure which i could not get till now.How to use this wireless internet connectivity I really dont know?

N also suchummi pl tell me that what is a wap n how to go in this handset . that is in

r world or something esle.

@Panks

Let me know which Bluetooth software have you loaded on your Laptop and also have you ever used Bluetooth dongle before :P After you answer to these questions then I will be able to help you out better :)

I have purchased a bluetooth from shop n its price of Rs 350/- . It has come with a mini bluetooth software cd. And i already installed it. but when i called *333 then they told me the procedure which i could not get till now.How to use this wireless internet connectivity I really dont know?

N also suchummi pl tell me that what is a wap n how to go in this handset . that is in

I can give you high level procedure - In your computer, search for bluetooth device (make sure your bluetooth in phone is on) then add this to your bluetooth devices. It has to be then installed as bluetooth modem for browsing internet. I have not used it so not very sure about the step by step procedure.

For WAP, go to R-World and before it loads click on "Menu" on left bottom and then go to Enter URL - then enter any URL and try browsing. Try with www.yahoo.com. Try 3-4 times if error comes.

@Panks

Please tell me the name of the Bluetooth software that you have installed on your laptop.And have you been successful in connecting your handset to the laptop via Bluetooth.If not then try these steps :

1.Switch on the bluetooth on your Nokia 6265 handset.

2.Make your handset in discoverable mode.

3.Insert the Bluetooth dongle in your Laptop and start the Bluetooth software that you have installed.

3.Then there must be a option of Device discovery or Searh for device in your Bluetooth software.

4.After the search has been completed it should show your handset in the search list.

5.Then right click on your handset name on your laptop and click on Pair device.

6.It will ask for a code,just enter any code and enter the same in your handset when it ask for it.

7.Now your handset should be connected to your laptop.

First finish the connection between the handset and the laptop by the above mentioned steps then we will move on to Internet connection.And please tell me the name of the Bluetooth software installed on your laptop.

Regarding Wap,as Zappu has mentioned the procedure to goto Wap,just try it. Wap is nothing but surfing internet sites on your handset.If you have any problems in Wap connectivity then let me know.

Hi

Can anyone tell me which is the best option to buy?

a) Data Cable

b ) Bluetooth Device for PC

c) Sim Card Reader / Writer

My main purpose would be to download software on the handset.

Can anyone explain please.

Thanks

Abhishek Mukim

Hi

Can anyone tell me which is the best option to buy?

a) Data Cable

b ) Bluetooth Device for PC

My main purpose would be to download software on the handset.

Can anyone explain please.

Thanks

Abhishek Mukim

Well I would surely suggest you to buy the Bluetooth dongle.You can wirelessly transfer data and also connect to the internet(R-connect).And it can also be used as a Memory card reader and writer.Also it will work with all Bluetooth handsets so it will be usefull even in the future.Its small in size and very easy to carry. :)

but BT will be slow for large data transfers

I think use of wap is free as i have not been charged for it in prepaid till now after 7 hrs. i used wap at around 1 am but my balance is same till 9.am in the morning. the speed is ok but not extra ordinary.. not tried to download anything till now.

So can a Data Cable do whatever a bluetooth can do like

a) Data transfer

:) R Connect

How much does a original and pirated Data Cable cost.

Thanks

Abhishek Mukim

Please do the repeatedly post the same message. Give others some time to answer your query or browse through the forums. Your questions are already answered elsewhere.

In short answer to your query is Yes. Blue Tooth and Data cable both can be used for the three task that you want. Both essentially setup a communication channel between a computer and a mobile. You can buy DKU-2/CA-53 whatever you want, and you can get the made in china cables for as low as Rs 80.

Hi all 6265 owners I want to know one thing..... my phones battery is running out very fast. I had to recharge it within 24 hours after charing it for the 1st time. At that time I didnt mind coz I used it extensively for hours. But now that my usage is normal, battery is getting low in 2 days. Schumi & others - whats your battery run time so far???

I heard that battery last for 8-9 days easily. Please confirm guys.

Hi all 6265 owners I want to know one thing..... my phones battery is running out very fast. I had to recharge it within 24 hours after charing it for the 1st time. At that time I didnt mind coz I used it extensively for hours. But now that my usage is normal, battery is getting low in 2 days. Schumi & others - whats your battery run time so far???

Well same with my battery also.The battery cannot last more than max 2-3 days with use.8-9 days is the stand by time provided under ideal condition without any use of the handset which is not possible on daily basis.I have been using WAP contionusly and I have to charge my handset every 24 hrs.But even I feel the battery life should have been a bit more..

ME to Disappointed with the battery Life. Its not upto the mark. Rest all is fine. If your call usage is high than you have to charge it the second day for sure and if you use camera or Mp3 than maybe the same day.

Otherwise its excellent phone.

Shumi any application to password lock the phone with auto timer? and some application to open word or excel files? One I found is Fone Folio which i have downloaded on the phone but requires some account activation....

1.Switch on the bluetooth on your Nokia 6265 handset.

2.Make your handset in discoverable mode.

3.Insert the Bluetooth dongle in your Laptop and start the Bluetooth software that you have installed.

3.Then there must be a option of Device discovery or Searh for device in your Bluetooth software.

4.After the search has been completed it should show your handset in the search list.

5.Then right click on your handset name on your laptop and click on Pair device.

6.It will ask for a code,just enter any code and enter the same in your handset when it ask for it.

7.Now your handset should be connected to your laptop.

Thanks a lot Schumi

I have done that procdure which u were mentioned. and also my handset is now connected to my laptop. So then pl tell me how to use internet

regarding wap i m using now confortably. surfing a mostly many sites.

Thanks once again.

WAP is chargable my dear friend.

If u r in prepaid connection then it is a Rs 3/- per day n if u r in postpaid connection then u have to use their R-world membership n this plan is charge for Rs 25/- per month. If u will take this membership then u r use this wap unlimited in whole month n also use unlimited funcition of M catagory in R-world.

Well same with my battery also.The battery cannot last more than max 2-3 days with use.8-9 days is the stand by time provided under ideal condition without any use of the handset which is not possible on daily basis.I have been using WAP contionusly and I have to charge my handset every 24 hrs.But even I feel the battery life should have been a bit more..

me too

Actually we have just bought the phone so that uses of this phone is max compare to previous mobile. but so many function r in this handset so I bought extra original battery from dealer

hey,

try opera which i have found on opera.com.

the file is attached with this message.

i don;t know how to use it or connect with net.

anyone please help..

opera_mini_2.0.4509_advanced_int.zip

@ Panks

Its good to hear that you have successfully connected your handset to the laptop via Bluetooth.Now connecting to the Internet(R-Connect) via Bluetooth.Follow these steps :

1.Activate R-Connect on your number(It should be already activated).

2.Connect the handset and the laptop via Bluetooth.

3.Goto Control Panel>Printer and Other hardware>Phone n Modem options>Click on Modem tab>Click on the Bluetooth modem(Bluetooth DUN modem mostly)>Click on Properties>Advanced>In Extra Commands type at+crm=1;+cso=33.

4.Click on the Bluetooth Dial up Networking service which will be there in your Bluetooth software.Enter your username and password(Your mobile number without 0) and the Dialling number #777.

5.Thats it,I think you should get connected after you follow these steps.

hi guys,

First of all i would like to tell that reliance is doing all kind of mischief by removing the phone book transfer thru r-world on asking customer care they say that this feature is not available for 6265. Another feature of surf has been removed in r-world and answer from CC is same.how can reliance cheat people when they know that after purchasing the first thing that a customer will want is phone book transfer and why to remove a vital feature such as SURF.

Can someone tell me steps of procedure to get connected to thru wap and in this case as i was using lg 2030 how can i transfer my phone book.

Me too agree that battery life vis-a-vis claimed is too low.all of us should do something about it.

Nokia phones have never had R-Surf. However, you are lucky that 6265 at least has WAP, which is in fact much better than the crappy R-Surf. As for phonebook transfer, most of the R-World java applications are custom built for specific phone models, and maybe Reliance programmers havn't had the time for porting the Phonebook application to 6265 - and anyway they are not known for their promptness. Maybe we will have the application for 6265 ready in a few months time.

As for phonebook transfer, you could connect your 2030 to a computer through a datacable, use PC Sync to download the phonebook, export it to a CSV file, import the CSV file to MS Outlook, and then synchronize 6265 contacts to MS Outlook. You can download PC Sync here, and detailed instructions for uploading contacts in 6265 here.