Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
jpatalia

Freedom To Use Pda

There is a lot of speculation regarding using RUIM cards that are now available on relaince.

Would like to tackle the issues pointwise such that it is easy for even for reliance users living in ancient times.

1) Does ruim card give freedom to use any RUIM enabled cdma handsets from around the world? :help:

2) Do these phones need to have a clean ESN as abroad CDMA phones are freely available in both the options, with or without it? :grin:

3) Can a cdma pda handset bought from usa operate onrelaince using this RUIM? :wacko:

4) What if this phone is of sprint or any other service provider, can we still use this phone on reliance? :unsure:

5) Can we use r world ? :lol:

6) can we use internet (R connect) ? :D

Well, one question answer for sure:

5)CAN we use r world?

No.

Because R-World needs special software installed on ur phone, which reliance won't provide on outside phone.

Well, one question answer for sure:

5)CAN we use r world?

No.

Because R-World needs special software installed on ur phone, which reliance won't provide on outside phone.

thanks a lot for you feedback bubby

could someone pl throw some llight over points 1 to 4

There is a lot of speculation regarding using RUIM cards that are now available on relaince.

Would like to tackle the issues pointwise such that it is easy for even for reliance users living in ancient times.

1)Does ruim card give freedom to use any RUIM enabled cdma handsets from around the world? :help:

YES

2)Do these phones need to have a clean ESN As abroad cdma phones are freely available in both the options, with or without it? :grin:

NO

3) Can a cdma pda handset bought from usa operate onrelaince using this RUIM? :wacko:

NO as usa does not use RUIM

4) What if this phone is of sprint or any other service provider, can we still use this phone on reliance? :unsure:

If RUIM, means it uses ESN of RUIM and not the handset

5)CAN we use r world? :lol:

NO

6) can we use internet(R connect)? :D

YEs

@ Kshah

what about MMS & wap? I am very much interested in TATA`s Moto RAZER.

will its WAP & MMS work in Reliance.

thanx!

@ Kshah

thanx!

Answer is NO. Reliance has screwed up network configuration. They do not allow any thing on phones other then they sold. Best way is to buy good PDA with RUIM, use e mails and full fledged browsing rather than stupid WAP and MMS. According to me MOTO RAZR does not have RUIM and its sheer waste of money. It has great looks nothing else.

With PDA you can do following

1. POP / SMTP / IMAP E mail

2. Full fledge browsing

3. Audio playing (No radio) in variety of formats

4. Video paying variety of formats

5. Larger address books

6. larger SMS storage

7. Most office aplications will work.

8. Can send videos, photos by mail at just 50 paise per minute against Rs. 3 per mail of limited size or for MMS.

9. SMS

10. In most cases hot swappable memory cards means more memory. Usage of SDIO cards, means even possibility of using Wi-Fi.

What you can not do with PDA or draw backs

1. Bulkier and delicate

2. Lower standby and talk time

3. WAP or R WORLD

4. MMS

5. other network controlled services like LMS / EMS etc.

Edited by kshah

But kshah, the PDAs r usually so heavy n big! I won't mind the price of 10-15k, but size is of great importance.

And what to do about service of such aftermarket handsets? if it is imported, where in india can we get it serviced, if the need should arise?

thanks kshsh for your feedbaks.

wow i can actually use a pda now.

could you guide me from where cani get a pda handset in india .

i am looking at a high end.

pl guide

@ Kshah

thanx!

Answer is NO. Reliance has screwed up network configuration. They do not allow any thing on phones other then they sold. Best way is to buy good PDA with RUIM, use e mails and full fledged browsing rather than stupid WAP and MMS. According to me MOTO RAZR does not have RUIM and its sheer waste of money. It has great looks nothing else.

2. Full fledge browsing

5. Larger address books

6. larger SMS storage

8. Can send videos, photos by mail at just 50 paise per minute against Rs. 3 per mail of limited size or for MMS.

9. SMS

10. In most cases hot swappable memory cards means more memory. Usage of SDIO cards, means even possibility of using Wi-Fi.

1. Bulkier and delicate

3. WAP or R WORLD

4. MMS

thanks for such a valuable information.cud u name some RUIM PDAs & where can we find such pdas in India.

@ Kshah

thanx!

2. Full fledge browsing

5. Larger address books

6. larger SMS storage

9. SMS

1. Bulkier and delicate

3. WAP or R WORLD

4. MMS

thanks for such a valuable information.cud u name some RUIM PDAs & where can we find such pdas in India.

I am trying to import few RUIM enabled VX 6600, though they may cost me 25K plus, I prefer it over any other expensive handsets like nokia 6265 as PDA has more functionalities and flexibilities.

I have used PDA like Kyocera 7135, even though it had very slow processor and memory erasing problem it was such a pleasure using it.

You will get CDMA PDA with RUIM support only from CHina. US or canada do not use RUIM. So it will be waste of money.

WoW, great work kshah.

Nice lot of info and clarifications, you have provided.

Keep us posted, when you get good PDAs.

Thanks

ouch

just purchsed an audiovoxppc6600 from US.

Any suggestions what can i do with it now.

It will not work for sure as it does not support RUIM. Sell it again to some one in US.

This is what I am going to buy

http://www.clubimate.com/t-details_pda2kevdo.aspx

great one!

one thing more since Reliance has stopped d WAP will this PDA work(browsing)?

Why do you need to use the WAP browser when most PDAs have full fledged browsers which will work fine over Net Connect (R-Connect) !

Why do you need to use the WAP browser when most PDAs have full fledged browsers which will work fine over Net Connect (R-Connect) !

okk that means i can browse on my PDA itself (dont want to connect it to PC) using R-Connect & this doesnot require WAP at all.

Am I rite Arun?

can we use the tata indicom pda phone (konquer) on reliance

not legally since most of tata's high end phones (Moto V3c and Konquer) are not RUIM enabled! :Sorprendido: unfortunately!

okk that means i can browse on my PDA itself (dont want to connect it to PC) using R-Connect & this doesnot require WAP at all.

Am I rite Arun?

Thats right !

@jpatalia: Tata Indicom's Konquer doesn't have an R-UIM slot.

It will not work for sure as it does not support RUIM. Sell it again to some one in US.

Does this supports RUIM ?, I was not able see that in phone details

Dear Kshah,

Have you bought the Imate ? If yes at what price & is it going to be compatible with reliance ruim.

Please reply urgently.

Regards,

Rajiv