Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
shaleen

How About Tweaking LG 2130 ?

Hi All

This is my first post to this list.

My handset LG RD 2130 allows settings under Display--Wallpapers--Themes,

I can choose from the options: off/puppy image/beach image/sms img1/sms img2/sms img3/rworld img1/rworld img2/rworld img3

The image I select at this setting, is the standby image seen on my handset at all times.

(PS: All these are from phone menu and not bitpim file system).

Do you know anything about these sms-images and rworld-images? Has anyone used these on this handset? It would be nice to know if anyone here has the same handset as me.

I am not wanting to do anything ver adventurous on my handset, though it would be nice if there was a way to download images as easily as ringtones from Rworld. Any answers anyone?

Shaleen

Mumbai

could you please post the entire directory structure with all the tabs expanded so that we can have a better look and then tell u..?

Hi here is RD2130's entire directory structure as shown by BitPim

/
+---ams
¦   +---00
¦   +---02
¦   +---03
¦   +---04
¦   +---07
¦   +---09
¦   +---11
¦   +---12
¦   +---15
¦   +---16
¦   +---18
¦   +---19
+---data
¦   +---f
¦       +---my_fav
+---nvm
    +---nvm
    +---prl

I am only getting the user directories by BitPim not the system directories

the user directories will be listed in $USER_DIRS .

Anyone please tell me is it possible to get the access to phones file system from any other software?

Hi,

I am only getting the user directories by BitPim not the system directories

the user directories will be listed in $USER_DIRS .

Anyone please tell me is it possible to get the access to phones file system from any other software?

well, i dont think it's possible to access system directories... im not even sure wheather there are any so called System directories. but u can acess the phone's O/S by reading the EEPROM in a EEPROM Reader.

Ok .. ok i admit that i was being lazy.. :D

but hey, everyone needs a berak from time to time..

ok then.. ;) let's get this done..

i want you to post something like this ->

(it's a screenshot of my phone's filesystem with all the main tabs expanded.)

Filesystem (188kb)

:o

Exactly like what you posted (not what you attached) + a <wavelet> directory.

This wavelet directory was not seen when bitpim 7 test 9 was used.

Exactly like what you posted (not what you attached) + a <wavelet> directory.

This wavelet directory was not seen when bitpim 7 test 9 was used.

Here's the filesystem of 2130 from bitpim 0.7 test 10

Same is the result for all models of LG in the s/w

Bye

2130filesystem.zip

Edited by Code

I am not hearing from StaticElectricity for a long time!!

Sorry, dude.

but i really hate giving bad news to ppl.

so i had a good look at the phone's filesystem.

It, to me seems that you cannot ul/dl ringtones to your phone.

Maybe it's like the Motorola C something.

And those files in the wavelet folder are actually sound files accompanying the video files which you have downloaded.

please tell me wheather you are able to d/l ringtones from r-world.

if yes , how many.

the wavelet folder is usd to save the multimedia content from r-world like watch and save video etc.If you download theses u will also get the audio1 files.

It was possible to download custom ringtones on 2130 from a Mail sent to the phone as MMS from yahoo account.

It has stopped working now. Lets hope it begins to work again :)

See this topic & post any relevant info there

Sending Your Own Ringtones/wallpapers Thru R-world

BTW bitpim is of no help as the midi files on 2130/5130 are stored in invisible system directories and not userdirs.

For other h/s users here is a quick link:

Uploading Wallpapers & Ringtones

Please post here only about 2130/5130 ringtones download using bitpim/other software if any one achieves further progress.

Hi,

Happy New yr to all the guys there...

This is my first message here.

Can u guys help me out in finding out how to download ringtones for my 2130 handset. I have heard that mailing from a yahoo.com account to ur phone no would help. but that did not work.

can some help me mailing any good ringtone.. something like a dogs bark or cats meow, etc etc. some good effects.

I have also attached a ringtone(kaali kaali aankhen). can some one , pls pls mail to me. my mobile no: 93210 26808

Thanks guys..

bharath

kaali_kaali_ankhein.mid

RD 2103 ??? If you are talking about 2130, then no, there is no software to do it as of now, anyway, why don't you try the MMS method ?

Guys!

I have LG RD 2130 handset. Have got 3 downloaded ringtones (via MMS) now want to change these, but the new ringtones are not downloading as i already have three. When i try to overwrite old with new ones, it gives error. What to do?

How to delete old saved ringtones from the handset ??? Please some one tell me....

Cheers!!!

Isn't there any option to delete the downloaded ringtones in 2130 ?

Isn't there any option to delete the downloaded ringtones in 2130 ?

26148[/snapback]

NO, there isint any, and thats the problem. I'v read the whole user guide also. But no success yet. Although i'v heard the problem will be solved once i get my s/w upgraded. Hope upgradation will solve my problems.....

:) :'( :help::help::help:

Hey All! Whats up? I was browsing through this forum and I got interested it hooking up my phone to see the file system and what I can do with it first hand. However, I haven't got past the first hudle! :(

EasyCDMA does not show a file structure

UniCDMA does not detect the phone.

I'm Using an LG RD2130 and I have a USB cable. The LG EasySync Software says that Com7 is free, but these software generally don't support anything over com 4. Easy CDMA detects 4 phones on COM 3 and all of them have ESN no. 0 and if I click on any of these phones, it says connected, but no file system.

Can anybody tell me how I can hook up my phone. Oh yeah, I also downloaded a software called LG DM WIN Unlocker,but I can't get it stared. I downloaded it from lgphone.info and you can just start it, but it does not detect any phone, says couldn't open the com port. Plus, the readme file is in Korean or something, and I tried to arrange the files in the necessary order, and it says installation failed. The software looks pretty interesting to me...would be nice if I could get it to work.

If you are using Windows XP, you can change the COM port setting so that it can be used by the softwares. Search in the Technical Programming forum if you don't know how to change the COM ports in XP.

I would be glad if anyone would please tell me exactly how to download ringtones on lg 2130 through mms or any other method

Edited by shoaib

I would be glad if anyone would please tell me exactly how to download ringtones on lg 2130 through mms or any other method

31866[/snapback]

MMS Method - Read carefully and try it accordingly, it will work, else try later.

is the MMS method still working?

i tried from yahoo but got no mail.

Please re-read the above post of mine.