Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dhanvada

Yahoo Group Site Not Opening With Rim Connection

Dear All

For the last 2 weeks , I was wondering why the Yahoo Groups site was not opening . I am using the R Connect

I went to Cybercafe where the BSNL ISDN link was there and the site instantly opened. In that Cybercafe was the RIM Internet Connection and the Yahoo group did NOT open.

So it means that there is nothing wrong with the Yahoo Group site but for some inexplicable reason , the site has been blocked by Reliance Web server.

Request :

1. What is the experience of the other Reliance users ?

2. Whom do we complaint to get it set right ?

3. RIM user please try using the other ISP connection , please share the experience.

Shall appreciate if anybody could mail , if there is an solution to access the Yahoo Group using the R Connect

Thanks

RK Dhanvada

rk@dhanvada.com

yes what you say is correct..

i tried accessing yahoo groups .. i got a 'Page Cannot Be Displayed ' error...

but i tried a proxy and i got through..

also i cant access hotmail... is it too blocked??

this is the limit now Reliance is getting out of it's boots and is surely going to get hurt....

The hotmail web site has opened using the Reliance Connection. It is just the Yahoo's groups that I am experiencing the problem and is not opening for the last 2 weeks

Now I am convinced that Reliance has blocked this site . Wonder why and of what consequence ?

Whom do we complain also ? Does anybody of Reliance read thse feedbacks ?

RK Dhanvada

rk@dhanvada.com

Yahoo Groups were blocked in september last year following Governments order (to block access to an anti-national group running under Yahoo Groups). But it was reopened later and all ISPs including Reliance unblocked it. It looks as though Reliance has blocked it again without any announcements. I am able to access the groups site with another ISP. Shooting off an email to customercare@relianceinfo...

:clap::clap::lol::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

http://www.anonymization.net/http://groups.yahoo.com/

STUPID FREAKING GOVERNMENT!

STUPIDER FREAKING RIM!

http://www.anonymization.net - its a nice site with a downloadable toolbar to surf directly without having to go to their website. or you can just edit the above link and go anywhere you want!

I had no idea they banned Yahoo Groups! That site has a wealth of useful information! I'm able to access it fine via my VSNL ILL (formerly owned by the Stupid Freaking Government) in office! And I get all my mails etc from Yahoo Groups everyday once again via my VSNL (abcd@vsnl.net) account. They never stopped the emails - :blink: - even if they did block the site!

When and why did they do this?

I just got the beneath mail from Reliance and still the site of Yahoo Groups using the Reliance Internet Connection is not opening.

However the same is opening with BSNL's connection is the cybercafe where I have just tested.

How do we all resolve the issue of Censorship of Reliance or Firewalling of what consequence. This they deny ...

Others are requested to throw in the expert advise ..

And we carry to create the opinion wave against reliance .. As the problem is countrywide in India and not some one single town.

Please scream and send mails after mails to the Chairman's office Relaince and the Customer support ..customercare@relianceinfo.com

Thanks and hope others too join the chorus

RK Dhanvada

----- Original Message -----

To: <rk@dhanvada.com>

Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 3:54 PM

Subject: Reference your mail

>

>

>

>

> Dear Mr. Dhanvada,

>

> This is in reference to your mail addressed to the Chairman.

>

> With reference to your mail and subsequent telephonic conversation had with

> you regarding unable to log on to yahoo website, please note that the issue

> has been resolved from our end, if the problem still persists we request

> you to contact website administrator in which your facing problem.

>

> We are constantly trying to improve our services. Looking forward to your

> co-operation.

>

> For further details, you can visit our web-site www.relianceinfo.com. You

> could write to us at customercare@relianceinfo.com or fax us at 3033 6565.

> You can also call Reliance Customer Care at 3033 3333 or by dialling *333

> from your Reliance IndiaMobile.

>

> Yours sincerely,

>

>

> M.G. Subramanian

> Head – Customer Care

> Reliance Infocomm Ltd.

Its Shoking !

I am also trying to acess the Yahoo grps using Rconnect, but of no use. I was under impression that its a problem at my end. However I know now that its Reliance's misendeavour.

This is a breach of our trust. Reliance Infocom must be taken to task for blocking the site Yahoo Group. This amounts to infringement of right to informatiom act.

I hope the guys at Reliance gain back their senses.

AMEN.

Beneath is the mail that I have sent again to Reliance and if they do not still correct before the end of Today , then it will reflect the sorry state of technology, policy and attitude of Reliance also.

Then all the members can scream of Relaince being insenstive and censoring web sites in the all the business and IT magazines / Newspapers also.

Opinion wave has to be created to prove that RIMWEB is indeed empowerment to customer in Ralph Nader way of using the technology as the tool for Quality professional service from Reliance... Hope they do not then block the www.rimweb.com also !!! *smile*

RK Dhanvada

0532 3152727

----- Original Message -----

To: customercare

Cc: mda@ril.com

Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 10:33 AM

Subject: Re: Reference your mail

Dear Mr Subramaniam

There is raging debate and posting going on at www.rimweb.com and I have copied the same in the above attachment. This proves that it is not a local problem in Allahabad but a national problem happening that we are not able to open the site of Yahoo's http://in.rd.yahoo.com/r/g1 when using the R Connect of the Reliance Internet connection.

However the page opens with BSNL and other ISP's Internet connection . This means that Reliance Web access has firewalled or censored without stating any reasons at all..

Anyway we shall wait till the end of this day , that the site opens and failing which we shall post the issue in all the Business magazine , Newspaper and IT magazines also.

We need action and on real time basis .

Please admit the reality and not reply back like you did that everything is okay at your end and that problem is at my end.. So many people across India cannot be wrong and you are perfectly right

Please call me at 0532 3152727 r 09415216756 when you have corrected the same before the end of this day.

We need explanation from your end for the blocking this site of http://in.rd.yahoo.com/r/g1

Thanks and expect the reply/phone call TODAY

I am

RK Dhanvada

----- Original Message

Most probably they must have taken your complaint into consideration. Glad its working, thanks to your efforts ! BTW, did they reply/call you about it ?

In case if we run into such problems in the future Who is the first person to be contacted for quick action??

In case if we run into such problems in the future Who is the first person to be contacted for quick action??

rimweb.com !! :)

Seems as if Mr. Mukesh is reading our posts :P

Well this forum is getting deeper into the Limelight day by day it seams. Imagine reliance correcting a problem within a day. I think these posts really matter to them.

also proxify.net also supports https for yahoo groups..but it sometimes does not allow free access..

http://groups.yahoo.com

Again today 10.36 am of 3rd June , the above Yahoo group is not opening !!

Is it just the Reliance problem or perhaps others who are using the Internet access from other ISP , can comment better. ?

Yes the people from Reliance did call but gave a thaka reply.. Not knowing what they are saying.

Best is go to the Reliance site and there is link for Contact Chairman .. Mention that you have posted this complain and the whole world knows that Relaince Service is really not up to the mark.

Well it comes to Mukesh Ambani's knowledge or not , but his office knows for sure.. Then every day send the same mail to them asking them in one liner : First Reminder ; Did you get the mail reply. Second Reminder...

By the time it is 4th.. Reliance will get a wake up call and be attentive.

Hate those listening to music of Service call Toll FREE. Their call centre supports should learn about promptness from the Bombay's Tiffin Carrier Service and not from the MBA experts ..

With best wishes

RK Dhanvada

rk@dhanvada.com