Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashoksoft

RIMweb Meet - Trivandrum!

trivandrum is in the southern end of kerala...

friends form kozhikode and kannur can't reach there easly....

cochin and thrissur is on the middle part of kerala... the whole keraliate

"RIMWEB ians" can reach there easly....

me from THRISSUR .... the cultural capital of KERALA

what else

COCHIN... the business capital of KERALA....

atlast the meet is over...

i left out last few minutes of departing talk...

no of participants was less, but had overall had a nice time.

It was good.

In short --- best with ashoksoft goodies...

btw.. got a sony ericsson chewing gum :)

more updates --> OVER TO ""ASHOKSOFT""

The RIMWEB Meet @ Trivandrum – Nov 2006

Members who attended :

ashokjp – Administrator

ashoksoft – Super Moderator

greens – Moderator

gladson – member

gladson’s sister (grace)

The meet was an awesome experience for me personally – hope the others would share their opinion themselves. We met at Coffeé Beanz as we had decided earlier… nice place with a semi-east Indian eatery look .. the layout and ambience was as good as any café coffee day !! (where we generally have our Mumbai – announced / unannounced meets).

The handsets that came over included a Nokia 6565, a Nokia 2255, a Kyocera 7135, a LG and Nokia handset from greens!

Other than the usual – know each other round where we realized that ashokjp was a engineering student, Gladson was a SAP (ABAP) coder .. and the infamous “me” – partying  ….. Greens is interested to become a forester !!! Tarzan I guess  - and as we feared he appeared in a GREEN shirt !!!!!! whoooooooo

Grace (not a rimweb member) seemed to be a little bugged by the handset discussions going on .. hehe, and somehow she fits my fraternity (but unlike me – she goes regularly to school I guess… yeah she is a KV student!!!)

SOME PIX

Kerala!!

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

The members at the meet ...

IMG_0014.JPG

Outside the cafe after the meet

IMG_0015.JPG

Now after all that info …. We discussed about

1. WAP on the 6265 – well for me that was a first time. It was pretty easy to navigate thro…. We logged into Rimweb too … 

2. Earphone adapters and recording options to record calls .. Some were thoroughly impressed by my 2.5” to 3.5” converter cable a excellent device that can be used on LG / Kyocera and many Nokia handsets too … which lets u connect your normal walkman / stereo headset to your mobile (so now I get a pitching sound on my Kyocera 7135)

IMG_0017.JPGIMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

3. Prices of handsets in various cities (GSM and CDMA) … and options to get other handsets on RIM 

4. I was also bugging them about my experiment with the LG ESN on a Kyocera 7135 after which I was able to receive LMS on my Kyocera (which proves that handset detection is majorly based on ESN!!)

5. Some tools for the Kyocera and SMS from PC using Nokia handsets – AT or Fbus

6. A discussion about setting up a accessory order link, where the functioning is based on faith!! – we trust you! Where u can request for a accessory / product which is not available in your city – or is plain cheaper in a different city, someone residing at that city will get the same and courier it to you! Even if the parent web site keeps 10% of the transaction charge – it could be helpful for many!!

7. A private chat by me and greens – about toll free number services etc …

We had quite a blast … and the eatery was quite reasonable … considering our previous meets in Mumbai!!!!

Hope we can have more such meets around – in other cities also … Other than Delhi, that too under an initiative by RajanPERT – no other cities have had rimweb meets….. [Kick aside Mumbai and Trivandrum] … Frankly speaking – guys you can have a lot more personalized discussions from such meets … you get to meet new people, you learn a lot about what they do .. you tend to even discuss about things – Which cannot be discussed on a forum or be communicated around other than orally :) – Samajdar ko ishara hi kaafi hai!!!

Hope to see more cities in action!!!

cheers

Ashok

Glad that the meet was good,and also the reporting of the meet :)

I totally agree with ashoksoft on the following statement and would look forward for the next Rimweb meet :)

"Frankly speaking – guys you can have a lot more personalized discussions from such meets … you get to meet new people, you learn a lot about what they do .. you tend to even discuss about things – Which cannot be discussed on a forum or be communicated around other than orally – Samajdar ko ishara hi kaafi hai!!!"

I heartly congratulate all members who attended the meet in Trivendrum.

Eagerly waiting for the Mumbai Rimweb meet.

We'll have it soon ... if everyone finds it kewl ... we could have the next one in DEC ...

If in the first week, I might not be there ... but well the meet can go on !!!

I'll be in Goa from 9th to 13th ... but I do not think we have many members here from Goa ... what say ???

cheers

a

s :rofl_200:

h o k