Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
GSV13

Mtnl Announces Iptv Tariffs

Commercial Instructions on IPTV Services (Internet Protocol TV) service in Delhi

MTNL Delhi announces commencement of registration for IPTV service. Details of Services offered, commercial procedure and tariff are detailed below:

1. Service offered are:

a) TV Channels (free to air and pay channels);

:help: Time shifted TV(TSTV);

c) Video on demand;

d) Video calling.

2. Service will be provided to broadband customers of MTNL Delhi.

3. Registration will start with effect from 26.10.2006.

4. Booking will be done at Call Centre1500 and at Sanchar Haats.

5. The provisioning of service will start from 1st November 2006 subject to technical

Feasibility.

6. The service will be provided free of cost for two months for the subscribers who

Register till 15th November 2006. Registration shall be limited to 20000 customers.

7. There will be two plans:

a) Silver Plan: - All the services mentioned above at Point 1.

:clap: Bronze Plan:- All the services mentioned above at Point 1 except video calling.

8. Tariff

a) Registration Charges: Rs. 500/- (To be adjusted in first telephone

(Non-refundable) bill after provision of service.)

:Riendo: Security and Rental for Set Top Box (STB):

Plan Security STB Rental (Rs.)(Rs.) Quartly Annual One Time Rental

Silver 1500 300 1025 4120

Bronze 1000 225 775 3100

The security of Rs. 1000/1500/- shall be in the form of Bank FD for 5 years with lien for third party. After 5 years the FD can be encashed by the customer. The lien in favour of third party will be cancelled anytime after return of SET TOP BOX in good working condition.

The security deposit and rental of SET TOP BOX will be collected by the third party.

c) Wiring Charges: Wiring required at the premises will be charged as per actual.

d) Service Charges Rs. 60/- per month for the first service. Any service as mentioned in Para- I can be taken as first service.

· Rs. 30/- per month for subsequent services.

· Pay Channel shall be charged @ Rs. 5/- per Channel.

· Time Shifted TV will be charged @ Rs. 5/- Per channel for Pay Channel.

The customer application and agreement form is as annexed.

:grin::grin::grin:

Edited by gavnitsingh

But in this case if your MTNL phone goes dead, than u can't watch TV as well. That is a very negative point.

Regards.

But in this case if your MTNL phone goes dead, than u can't watch TV as well. That is a very negative point.

Regards.

Not really...unless someone cuts the cable completely. Cable consists of three different lines, one each for telephone, broadband and iPtv....so unless the cable is cut completely, fault mostly occurs in one of the three lines, not all of them at one go. Those having DSL broadband must have seen their BB running even when the Telephone line is dead, or the vice versa...

Edited by basant_jp

Yeah true that happened with me my broadband was working for past month while there was no dial tone!!

Yeah true that happened with me my broadband was working for past month while there was no dial tone!!

i soon will have to apply for a mtnl landline connection...

dont know, but jst a random thought..

can the same be done via garuda mobile... or a gsm/cdma phone??

tv on the move with laptop+mobile.. like our internet??

No lol it require a lot of bandwidth to stream it and our current wireless networks don't support it!! For this i think you have to wait till mid-2007

for 3G to be launched however don't expect it to be any cheaper like this.

When I say 3 lines, I do not mean three physical wires going through , but what I mean is 'three different channels'. DSL technology splits the normal copper line into three information channels. One carries data from the Internet to the computer, another channel transports data from the computer to the Internet and the third channel handles regular phone calls.

"Splitter" attached to the line assigns voice and data transmissions to different frequencies (as rightly said by linuxguy). Digital bits travel on the inaudible frequencies of the phone line. That keeps them separate, and that's why all the signals - voice and data - can work in parallel without colliding with each another. This is the reason that in most cases either of the service works even in case of faults...of course, it largely depends on the type of fault.

I used the words '3 lines' just to make it more obvious and easier to understand.

Cheers!

Edited by basant_jp

I agree with basant jp. I think we can still watch TV even when our phone lines goes dead.

Regards.

Not Really!! If the line is completely cut this is when it comes from pole or TelBox to our home this where 90% of complaints occur.

Remember we don't have three physical wires coming to our home but just two pair twisted copper wire.

So wire cut = Black Out!!

Only solution to solve it faster is bribing the lineman(add up to the cost) :D

It has started also in mumbai. Star all channels r there but still zee sony not in list.

Zee & Sony will be on the list within 2-3 months. As told in a newspaper article.