Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ganesh

Gamers Den--->xbox 360

HI all how many of you ppl here are into gaming with consoles and pcs? :P

One of my friend got the xBox 360 last week. Do you have one ? Which all titles do you have ?

i also got an xbox 360 recently. i have original burnout revenge and battlefeild. :( by the way ur friend is getting org cd or copies?

The ones that he got are:

Far Cry

Hitman

MotoGP

Yes, they are original. Actually, is it possible to duplicate ? I heard some kind of lock they have... so nothing like that ?

Hey guys me planning to gift PS2 to my cousin, want to know if duplicate cds availble for these and where in mumbai?? also if its user friendly as he is just 9 years old.

It is available in mumbai for Rs 30 per DVD in Andheri. Forgot the name of the shop. Its a chain of shops selling from anything to anything. They call their shops XYZ-1, XYZ-2, XYZ-3 and so on.Try it there. No further ideas on the user ease as I do not have any PS. other members could help out.

XBOX 360 can play backup disks but it will void the warranty of the console since one needs to open it and flash the drive :SI: but that will enable one to get a disc for 150 bucks or so. lots of information about this can be found out with google

i m not that an avid gamer, just wanted to play some games for passing time. I think, now that ps3 is going to release n all, ps2 is a good buy for ppl like me. I am quite satisfied with the library for ps2 games, n not at all keen to play latest games as soon as they r released. i can wait till the ps3/xbox360 have prices reduced. till that time (1-2 years), i think buying ps2 at this time will be good for me.

any thoughts on this?

depends on personal choices. i dont like bad graphics. so i use a HDTV and xbox 360

I am not that keen on graphics, than on gameplay. From the reviews, the PS2 library has quite a lot of games with great gameplay. Not that xbox doesn't have it, bu i m not an avid gamer to spend 5 digits on xbox. I am planning to go for ps2. what price should i expect for a ps2 with modchip in mumbai? also, modchip voids the warranty, right?

i never had a feel of ps2.ofcouse gameplay matters, but great gameplay with awsome graphics is the keyword here :SI:

the ps3 has been launched in japan and us.

For people who dont have much idea: All 3 major console manufacturers have launched their consoles in the market. I personally have always been a playstation fan and have owned both the ps n ps2.

Now coming to the new consoles, microsoft has an edge over its rivals since the xbox360 has been around for a year now. The sony ps3 was delayed due to delays with the blue ray.

All 3 consoles are prices differently and have their own selling points.

1. Nintendo Wii: it is the cheapest option available in the market and its controller is a revolutionary design. It has motion sensors and takes gaming to a new level.

2. Microsoft Xbox360: Its been around for a year now. Criticised for not providing a HD DVD drive, it now offers the same as an add on for a cost of 200usd. The major selling point of this console is the xbox live feature. With the ad on drive, an xbox 360 costs as much as the top of the line ps3.. ie 600usd.

3. Sony Playstation3: The most anticipated console was finally launched this month although european consumers will only see it in march next year. Its hardware specs are its selling points. It comes with one wireless sixaxis controller(with motion sensors) and 7 controllers can be used at a time. There are 2 variants available. The lower model priced at 500usd comes with a 20gb hdd. The higher model priced at 600usd has a 60gb hdd and also supports wifi.

Specs:

CPU Cell Broadband Engineâ„¢

GPU RSX

Memory 256MB XDR Main RAM 256MB GDDR3 VRAM

HDD 2.5' Serial ATA (60GB)

I/O USB 2.0 X 4 Memory Stick/SD/CompactFlash Slots

Communication Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T

IEEE 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi*

Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Wireless Controller Bluetooth (up to 7)

AV Output Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

HDMI**: HDMI out - (x1 / HDMI)

Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1

Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Blu-ray/DVD/CD DRIVE "read only"

Dimensions Approximately 325mm (W) x 98mm (H) x 274mm (D)

Weight Approximately 5 kg

^^^

Whats the price of Xbox 360 ?

I think around 24000. Nintendo Wii seems good. But whether the funky controller remains fun in the long run, that's the question. I mean, swinging your controller to play tennis, and sword fight sure sounds fun, but I don't know whether after returning from a hectic day, I'd want to do all the swinging and stuff. And PS3 is too costly, and receiving heavy criticism from all over.

I today confirmed the price from Inorbit Mall that Xbox 360 will cost around Rs. 27,500/-.

Regards.

i am an avid gamer . but till date played on pc only . having 3d accelerator card , p4 , 1.5 gb ram .

now i want to switch to ps2 . being a small town nobody sellong it here .

can anybody tell its cost in delhi ? are there diff. models of this ? is it attached to pc or tv ? etc

You can get it from ebay india

You can go for

AMD X2-3600 AM2 Processor Rs. 7500

Asus AM2 SLI -570 Based Board Rs. 7500

Two NVidia 7300 GT Card Rs. 10000 (Rs. 5000 each) Dual PCI Card for Boaster Performance

1 GB DDR2 Ram

19" Wide Monitor

5.1 Channel Speaker

This is be at the same cost of PS3

But Perforamnce wise it will be Double the speed of PS3

I my self is Running is

Hetal

You can get PS2 in US these days for as low as 150 $.

PS3 of course is selling at 1000 $ or so. One of my friends bought it in Us for 130 $ on thanksgiving sales.