Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kunal Hemrajani

R-world Message

for the last few days i hve been recieving R-WORLD messages..

and if u happen to open those msgs. then u wil b charged at the rate of 10p/10kb..becuz on clicking on it, it starts to open application of R-World..

what is this??nw ppl at reliance our doing such things to take out money frm customers pocket...

same here brother.

using Nokia 6235.

Even many of Rworld applications like unbill info and view bill are not working.

Yeah..if u click on it..

then it shows that there is some problem wid connection.

and an error is displayed..

Same here using 6235, its says some crap Movie preview but i think it will charged be carefull.

But i m able to view unbilled info etc on Rworld.

Luckily i haven't got any such promotions where they offer free previews of various songs/ringtones etc. I'm using 6265...but my wife uses LG handset and she regularly gets the sms....its a good thing that has been brought to notice that network usage might apply although the message says free preview.

For past one week, daily i am receiving one message from Reliance mobile world saying Free Ringtone, Free Video etc. But when i try to open, it says Invalid keyword or code.

Stupid people. They are sending messages which are of no use. And definetly they will be charging connection charges of 10p/min.

These messages are sent as MASS MAILERS types...no distinction on subscriber's handset. Yes, if you try to open/ run them, it activates R-World. If your handset is compatible to that application, it will run the free preview etc (but network usage @10p/10KB still would be charged).

In case, the handset is not compatible (there are very high chances of this coz any handset of around one year or more older would have a previous software version whereas R-World keeps upgrading), it will show some kind of error.

In case you are not interested in viewing these msgs, just press END key when you recv such a message. Now, a small envelope will keep reflecting onyour screen. If you want to erase this message now withour trying to view, just go to messages list and ERASE; otherwise, after 24-48hrs, it will automatically wash off.

Small price we need to pay for using technology.

These messages are sent as MASS MAILERS types...no distinction on subscriber's handset. Yes, if you try to open/ run them, it activates R-World. If your handset is compatible to that application, it will run the free preview etc (but network usage @10p/10KB still would be charged).

In case, the handset is not compatible (there are very high chances of this coz any handset of around one year or more older would have a previous software version whereas R-World keeps upgrading), it will show some kind of error.

In case you are not interested in viewing these msgs, just press END key when you recv such a message. Now, a small envelope will keep reflecting onyour screen. If you want to erase this message now withour trying to view, just go to messages list and ERASE; otherwise, after 24-48hrs, it will automatically wash off.

Small price we need to pay for using technology.

Thats true Rajeev..It could be small price. But when they intend to give ring tones as complimentary and send out a message, they should take enough care to send right keyword or code. I am using Nokia 6235. And this error doesnt seems to be s/w incompatibility issue. It clearly says invalid/wrong keyword or code, which in turn unable to retrieve the ringtone from their database.

Even if Reliance doesnt provide free ringtone i am not bothered, but sending this type of messages(which says free) and unable to download, will really irritate customer. I got 7 messages(one per day) for last one week and all have failed to open.

This is to make fool, as we knw and understand charges and all.

Women ad children cant they simply save this ringtones, wallpapers and video, for which they been charged.

This is how this people making money.

Just go to

RelianceCommunications.co.in

RelianceInfo.com and Register you Phone to DOnt Disturb

Then no SMS and Call will be sent to you in Future for any Products and Marketing Departments

Registering with "Don't Disturb" at the web site is not completely effective. I had registered for the service about 4-5 months back and most of the messages stopped but i've been roaming out of home network now and it seems they have started sending the SMSs again. Although the no i get is much less then others who haven't registered for the service.

A consumer court has fined airtel alongwith American Express and ICICI bank for not stopping unsolicited calls and SMSs so customers....i've written to the customer care to wake up and work on the don't disturb feature because inspite of me registering and telling the customer care.....the calls and sms don't stop.

ya earlier do not disturb feature was working. as i had put my no and i dont get any sms or calls . but for the last 1-2 months i have been putting different family nos but still getting sms . sometimes even late night

The do not disturb facility is not very effective. Firstly it takes one month to get activated and secondly i guess it blocks only the SMSs and calls that were being sent at the time of registering. Any new kind of SMSs, Promotion, marketing that they start after we have registered are not blocked.

I feel thats the reason why we stop getting messages initially after we register, but again the messages start flowing in after some months.

bas button dabao... jaib khali karo...

i didn't know it was charged !!! let alone the waiting period for the message to open !!!

On other note

during the last general elections all of my friends who had reliance connections kept receiving political parties campaigning sms from private reliance numbers... nearly 3 to 4 sms per day...

i wonder where campaigners got mobile numbers from ?? i'd already hidden my number in reliance phone directory options...

so all these options are just for temporary satisfactions...

Edited by reliancenokia2007

^^yeah even i received sms frm the candidates during the elections..dunno frm wher did they got my num?

and i also hve a BSNL and Tata connection but never received such msgs on these.