Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hritik123

Reliance To Offer Yahoo Instant Chat

RCOM to offer Yahoo Instant Messenger

Mithun Roy

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 22:08 IST

MUMBAI: Anil Ambani controlled Reliance Communications and Yahoo India have finalised an alliance to offer Yahoo Instant Messenger for Reliance Mobile customers across the country.

Highly placed sources at the company’s Ballard Estate headquarters said it was likely to make an official announcement sometime this week.

The Mobile Instant Messenger offering on Reliance mobiles is Yahoo’s first Wireless Village compliant implementation in Asia. The service has been developed by ACL Wireless for Reliance and Yahoo.

After SMS and MMS, one can now use mobile phones for mobile instant messaging (MIM), which offers chat instantly with anyone using cell phones similar to popular instant messengers on computers. Users can even see their friends’ online and chat in groups.

Reliance Communications will be the first telecom service provider in the world to offer MIM across Java, BREW and WAP phones on a mobile operator network.

Reliance Mobile customers can now chat live not only among themselves but also with any Yahoo IM user in the world using PCs. When a Reliance subscriber is not online on his mobile, he is notified by messages in his SMS inbox about new IMs received.

Industry experts vouch for MIM’s rapid growth in India, due largely to the low penetration of PCs in the country. The percentage of mobile users with MIM-capable phones will grow to 62% in 2010, they say.

All the other GSM operators including BSNL, MTNL, Bharti Airtel, Hutch-Essar, Idea, Aircel, Spice and BPL, are expected to commercially launch this service in the country next month.

The service is already available in Europe, China and Turkey and would be launched this year in Hong Kong, Pakistan, Thailand, Indonesia and Bangladesh.

Pehle Wap Browsing to Chalu karo

Messenger ke Sapne Mat Dhikhao Anilbhai

yahoo msn is showing in r world

yahoo msn is showing in r world

10-10 paise collect karne ke liye ......... kya kya karaha hain ADA :grin::rofl_200:

I got news, they are finding ways to stop wap based browsing to any other site than r-world, under some so called WALLED GARDEN thingy.

YES...its true ...now offen you will find errors in the rworld or WAP opening sites as it was smooth after long pause of WAP started as we all got 6265...

now WAP browsing is not at all smooth...

i dont know...but i am sure WAP will remain like this unless they bring our a plan saying WAP charges...effective in your bill till then they are implementing hill and trials methods of activating and barring WAP which includes Rworld site...

I got news, they are finding ways to stop wap based browsing to any other site than r-world, under some so called WALLED GARDEN thingy.

I Dont think that they will Banned WAP Browsing

As More and More Site Available to user under WAP

Anil will be Getting Richer by 10 Paise on every click as Major Site Pages are more than 10 K

They also will not Start Rental for WAP as This will Stop General User to Occational Use WAP

and only Selected user will be Surfing it.

;) But who knows whats in the mind of Anil

what 10p are you people talking about? It costs Rs. 5 just to login through RWorld.... and then god knows how much more for sending/receiving messages!!!

hey me nt able too understand at all ....are we charged for wap ...as 10 paisa regime was applicable after 20 dec and none of my bill has no sign of 10paisa thing........

and yes wap is nt wrking fine in daytime it just s**ks! and at night it does.......and if in day it opens access limited to just one page cant go to second one

Atleast Tata is ahead in one thing in comparison Wid reliance..i.e. atleast they r providin wap enabled cell..and there r no restrictions on which sites u open.

From the developer, ACL Wireless...

Yahoo!® Mobile IM

Y!® Mobile IM enables mobile users with Yahoo!® IM accounts, to stay in touch and chat with their online contacts. It can be accessed via a downloadable/pre-loaded J2ME or Brew client.

Certified by Yahoo!®, its friendly graphical user interface, comprising of a full contact list, with desktop like collapsible buddy groups, gives users the best Yahoo!® Messenger experience on mobile.

The product runs on an independent platform which implements OMA Wireless Village IMPS version 1.2 with SMS Bindings. It has been developed jointly with Reliance Communications® (formerly Reliance Infocomm), India’s second largest mobile operator.

yahoo-mobile-im.gif

link please

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, January 22, 2007 (XTVWorld.Com) -- Reliance Communications, India's foremost truly integrated telecommunications service provider, and Yahoo! India, the leading internet communications and media company have come together to offer Yahoo! Instant Messenger for Reliance Mobile customers across India. The alliance marks a powerful partnership of a leader in the mobile space with the leader in the internet space to offer the rich, live ”Instant Messenger (IM)"PC experience on Reliance Mobile phones.

With this first of its kind initiative, Reliance Communications is the first telecom service provider in the world to offer Mobile IM across Java, BREW and WAP phones on a mobile operator network.

Mobile IM will allow Reliance Mobile customers to chat live with other Reliance customers, as well as any Yahoo! IM user in the world using their PC. Customers can send instant messages and chat online with their friends and family, using all of the Yahoo! IM features such as simultaneous multi-chat windows, presence status icon, emoticons, Yahoo! personal contact list and profile, multiple chat windows and viewing off-line messages etc …. Reliance's Yahoo! IM is "always connected"and the instant messages are delivered to the user with that familiar beep!

"As an innovation leader, Reliance is bridging the Digital Divide by extending the Internet-rich IM experience of the PCs to its mobile subscribers for the first time in India”, said Mahesh Prasad, President - Applications Content and Solutions Group, Reliance Communications. "This brings us one step closer towards the convergence of the mobiles and the PCs”, he added.

George Zacharias, MD, Yahoo! India said, "We are glad to partner with Reliance for Mobile IM services, in India. This unique service will add a new dimension in enhancing our user experience and provide yet another compelling way to stay connected, instantly and at all times”

Yahoo! Instant Messenger service client interface for Reliance was developed by ACL Wireless. Yahoo! Messenger for mobile is available on all BREW, WAP and Nokia color handsets using Java technologies.

Reliance Mobile customers can access Mobile Instant Messenger by clicking on Reliance Mobile World > Hot n New > Yahoo! Msgr. Customers will be charged Rs.5. for each session logged and can send and receive unlimited instant messages.

This is not the first time that Reliance Mobile has collaborated with Yahoo!

Yahoo! Mail has been part of Reliance Mobile World's suite of WebMail services for over 2 years now. There again, a seamless integration with the Internet mail with a very easy to use interface complete with Inbox/Outbox/Compose/Trash and address book has ensured a steady stream of Mobile Yahoo! Mail users on a daily basis.

http://press.xtvworld.com/article16482.html

Edited by anujit

buddy..

at least let us have a good network coverage and unbreaking voice clarity.. then the tension of call dropped will go away..

then we will WAP for ADA.

10 paisa to 10 paisa..i say why stop at 10.. climb one step every couple of months.. next level could be 11paisa..(one possibilitty of 10.50paise also there)

but network coverage is amust otherwise how will we try to WAP..

10 paisa ka sawal hai..jawab do..inam pao

It was there before some 3-4 years back. Ya.....under R-world. I remember I'd chat with few of my friends somewhere in early 2003. At that time I used to refresh the screen after every (say) 10 seconds to check whether my friend has written something. I dont know howz it now.