Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

I wann install vista on my system . i wann know will r connect work on vista. if so then shud i hve to download drivers for that or it will work on the same drivers . please help

Neither the phones nor data cards from Reliance support Win Vista as yet. Hence, no drivers....

Try using old WinXP Driver it must Work

Try using old WinXP Driver it must Work

i got samsung sch n191 . please tell me whether it will workon vista ornot

as i got to surf daily and if it doesnt work then i wont install that

I'm currently using RConnect in my LG LSP 350R FWP on Vista without any problem. :rofl_200:

When u'll run the setup, vista will give error but Vista's in-built compatibility service will run the setup again in compatibility mode and it'll be installed without any problem.

Or u can manually run the setup in compatibility mode. Or simply install the modem from control panel and create a net connection.

Remeber one more thing Try Install All Software in Administrative Login They can also Reduce so many Hassles while Installation Process.

For Running Some Program in COmpatibility mode just Right click the Setup.exe and Look for Appropriate Menu.

The Program which uses Windows Installer 3.0 and above can not use Compatibility mode as it uses Started Windows Installer Service

Thr is no need to download any new drivers for vista..just installl run the set up ...clik properties..then combability..run the program in xp...and then run the program as adminstrator..it works....i am not expert ..i just tryed this way it works thx

I tried a got a reply that this model is not supported by vista. After wards I created a new connection using the connection wisard and using that now. It is a new information for me that R onnect got installed in Vista I am using a Buisness edition of Vista.

^^^

My dear friends, today I called CC and asked them about the availability of R-connect Drivers compatible with Windows Vista. They told me that the drivers with Vista compatibility will only be available with Reliance in the end of May 2007. God knows why they are taking such a long time for the availability of drivers. Although I am now successfully running R-connect in Vista but there are a lot of other subscribers who are having problems installing R-connect even in compatibility mode.

Reliance must launch the drivers compatible with Vista as soon as possible.

Regards.

Edited by Honest

And they should also work towards drivers for MAC and Linux

right click on driver properties on tab select compatibility and from list select windows xp than click on apply after that run the installation by doing right click on the setup file and select >> Run as Administrator.

u will not face any problem!

btw vista is a big pain xp is much better than that

Edited by cracker

rconnect xp drivers are compatible with vista.. im using it.

What's the wrong with u all. You need only usb cable drivers to run the net on windows vista. And in the case of serial cable u don't need any driver. Follow the following steps-

1.Go to Control Panel.

2.Open Phone and Modems,

3.Now go to modems, Click on add, and add 33600 or 28800 modem type from standard modem type on COM1(Serial Port)

4.Open its property and set the modem speed to 115200.

5.Remember u have to set this speed everywhere. i.e. serial port speed, modem speed, connection speed etc.

6.Now close this all and Open My Network Places,

7.Click on View network connections.

8.Create new connection->Connect to internet->Setup my connection manually->Connect using a dialup modem->chooose ur modem (which u recently installed on COM1)

9.Give connection Name anyone which u want and dialing number #777.

10.Give ur number in ur username and password, and finish it.

11.Open this connection and goto property.

12.Set the speed of the connection at 115200.

13.Click on Ok.

14.Now u r ready to dial.

15.Dial and u get connected to internet.

16.Thus u don't need any driver with serial cable and need only usb cable driver in the case of usb cable. If any problem persists mail me.

thanks a ton manu for your detailed inputs...am sure score of users will benefit from your inputs....keep up the good effort

What's the wrong with u all. You need only usb cable drivers to run the net on windows vista. And in the case of serial cable u don't need any driver. Follow the following steps-

1.Go to Control Panel.

2.Open Phone and Modems,

3.Now go to modems, Click on add, and add 33600 or 28800 modem type from standard modem type on COM1(Serial Port)

5.Remember u have to set this speed everywhere. i.e. serial port speed, modem speed, connection speed etc.

8.Create new connection->Connect to internet->Setup my connection manually->Connect using a dialup modem->chooose ur modem (which u recently installed on COM1)

13.Click on Ok.

16.Thus u don't need any driver with serial cable and need only usb cable driver in the case of usb cable. If any problem persists mail me.

Exactly followed the same, I finally get the hardware error in VISTA sometimes vista crashes, the same mobile and same datacable works fine in XP! Any clues?

1.Go to Control Panel.

2.Open Phone and Modems,

13.Click on Ok.

Exactly followed the same, I finally get the hardware error in VISTA sometimes vista crashes, the same mobile and same datacable works fine in XP! Any clues?

I too tried a lot. It never worked for me. The handset did show it was sending/recieving data but the laptop froze. Nothing worked on laptop, not even keyboard! Laptop had to be hotbooted.

I desperately need solution to get on to Internet on my Vista laptop through CA-42 cable and Nokia 6585 handset.

1.Go to Control Panel.

2.Open Phone and Modems,

13.Click on Ok.

I too tried a lot. It never worked for me. The handset did show it was sending/recieving data but the laptop froze. Nothing worked on laptop, not even keyboard! Laptop had to be hotbooted.

I desperately need solution to get on to Internet on my Vista laptop through CA-42 cable and Nokia 6585 handset.

This is what Reliance customer care has to say:

<<Dear Customer,

In response to your mail regarding inability to use Reliance Netconnect services, please note currently data cables are not supported by Windows Vista. It is expected to be made available at the earliest. However, Windows Vista supports Reliance ZTE, Huawei Data card and USB Modem.

Yours sincerely,

Sachin Potdar

Customer Care

Reliance Communications

<<

1.Go to Control Panel.

2.Open Phone and Modems,

13.Click on Ok.

This is what Reliance customer care has to say:

<<Dear Customer,

In response to your mail regarding inability to use Reliance Netconnect services, please note currently data cables are not supported by Windows Vista. It is expected to be made available at the earliest. However, Windows Vista supports Reliance ZTE, Huawei Data card and USB Modem.

Yours sincerely,

Sachin Potdar

Customer Care

Reliance Communications

<<

Hi Floks

Mobiles support for vista for internet give me call i can explain u how to do 9392100130 Sai

Why run RConnect at all? Use the manufacturers .inf file to set up the phone as a modem.

I have Nokia 3125 with a (standard Chinese) Clone DKU-5. The clone uses a Prolific Chip and the prolific site says that they do not offer Vista drivers, and advise users to contact the cable manufacturer for Vsita support. Great if you know who the cable manufacturer is.

Following advice on another thread I installed the Prolific Driver (I downloaded the latest XP driver) and then the Nokia DKU5 driver. Both these had to be installed in the compatibility mode. I also configured the phone as a modem by using the Nokia modem set up file, and installed it as a modem. Using #777 I was able to connect very easily.

IE runs perfectly on this. InitiallyI did have a problem of disconnected IE sessions (the link was rock solid) and traced this to the 'Web to Print' of Epson which was obviously not for Vista. After removing this everything is fine.

The moral is, try the compatibility mode Also, netconnect is huge as compared to setting up the modem using the phone modem configuration file. There are plenty of download meters on the web if you want to monitor the usage.