Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vikalp

Discuss Pros And Cons Of Reliance

Don't worry Racoon, the purpose of your post will be served. Almost all of Rim users are just waiting for the 'last nail in the coffin' to kick rim out of their life. The only thing that prevents them from doing son is the love for their number & unavailability of not very attractive plans in the market.

If rel keep on depriving their customer from important features ( i was shocked to know that Rim prepaid in not having basic feature like call waiting :) ). then definately people will be forced to change their service provider.

By the way i'v heard that in states like Haryana/Punjab GSM providers are offering 10p/sms nationwide, if sent through gprs. Does anyone knows about it ??

Dear Friends

Iwas surprised to note that TATA Indicom prepaid in UP East

does not have call waiting facility. All other operator provide it

Please share experiances of other circles

Regards

Even a stupid, ordinary BSNL landline has call waiting ...but NOT RIM pre-paid! And we are supposed to believe it is a mobile phone!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :Contento:

And eu tu Tata??? Gawd... I hope both these CDMA operators rot in hell!!! The heavens know how many problems I'v faced dude to the lack of call waiting!

Actually, I was considering the option of the lifetime prepaid for my RIM and giving it to someone for now, but now Reliance has withdrawn the installment scheme for its lifetime (10 yrs) scheme! :mellow: (Im not willing to fork out nearly 1K right now). And every other operator is still offering this option! I guess Reliance wants me out as badly as I wanted to get rid of them! Lol ...mebbe I should be thankful to them for closing this last option for me... :Riendo:

And believe me, the pain and hassle of loosing the number and all is not half as bad as the pain of having to live with Reliance! I agree, it might be a practical probelm if its a business phone... but otherwise its mostly inertia ...I mean how much effort can it take to send all your friends, etc a group SMS informing them about the change? And I admit I was in that state myself ...but not anymore! :)

Edited by raccoon

Dear Raccoon,

it hardly matters to change your number, even i had to go through this phase ( but i retained my old number, got it converted into lifelong & kept it in the closet for sometime) but within 3 months all my friends got my new number even though i did'nt messaged anyone about the changed number. if u are getting better service, its worth changing your number. :P

I have both Tata & Reliance Connection. I believe Tata is much better service provider. According to my experiences i'v come to following conclusions....

Tata

I have 'Biz Silver 224 plan', Free Talktime Rs150 on any usage, Local outgoing 50p sms Rs.1

Reliance

Plan 'NJ199 SOHO', Free Talktime Rs150 on only local call usage, Local outgoing 50p sms Rs.1

Conclusion

Free talktime of Tata can be utilized on anything local calls/std/sms.

But in Reliance free talktime can only be used for Local calls. For eg if

a person don't makes calls & only sends sms then despite having free value he'll be charged for sms.

Tata

SMS pack Rs 50 for 3000 local/national sms (another onnet plan Rs 50 ubnlimited T 2 T sms)

Reliance

Rs 50 for unlimited R 2 R sms

Conclusion

I just don't understand what good is onnet sms plan if u don't have a big friend circle using same operator ? But when i take a look at my phonebook, not even 5% of it has Reliance numbers.

So, in general Tata pack is much better.

Tata

Onnet Packs Costs Rs 75 & Rs 99 Unlimited calls.

Reliance

Onnet plan Ranges from Rs100 to Rs225 Only 1000min free 10p/min thereafter.

Conclusion

On my plan for Tata i just have to pay Rs75 fro onnet pack whereas for my Reliance plan i have to pay Rs175. So again Tata has an edge.

Tata

Another add on pack i have is for STD. STD calls to any phone & incoming Roaming at Re.1/min Monthly Rental - Rs.100

Reliance

Std vouchers available.

Conclusion

One of the reason why i prefer postpaid plans is that i dont have to run to buy vouchers to retain talktime. Although Rel vouchers are bit cheaper but in my case i find tata cheap fro std (my std usage is 500min/month rs100 rental for pack= .20p/min. So Std call /min = 1.20p) but addon benefit is Rs1 for incoming calls on roaming, which also saves a lot of money.

Tata

Many add on packs available for your requirement like STD pack, SMS pack, 50p call pack, CUG pack

Reliance

No add on packs available except onnet calls/sms plan

Conclusion

In Reliance, u have to get your plan changed if u want any particular feature. So its difficult to have two good features on one plan for eg. u cant have 50p local + 50p/sms + Rs1 std in one plan.

If u have a Tata u can have any type of add on pack on your existing plan.

I have observed that Tata's cc is more cooperative than Rel

Tata's bills are more honest. Every month on my Rel bill there is some element which i don't understand.

Tata has very less palns on their website which are more easy to understand & less confusing. There are no hidden plans offered to specific areas or people. Moreover all plans are available throughout nation, there are no regional plans. But Reliance have regional plans & they provide cheap rates in heavy competition areas but in less competition areas they have high rates.(another business strategy for earning more money)

Well friends before u post any comments on my conclusions, i would like to tell u that as I have both Tata & Reliance Connection so above conclusions are only based on my my observations & conclusions according to my experiences. Do not consider me as a Tata agent on RimWeb :Riendo:

I am not saying Reliance is good, but I and another friend of mine had very bitter experience with Tata Indicom.

As long as everything goes fine, Tata might be better now. But when things start going bad, try talking to Tata Indicom call centre.

First of all every time you call them you need to repeat the whole history, and sometimes even in the same call i.e., if it gets transferred to somebody else.

I don't know whether they do not know to use a computer or they are just reluctant to put the full compliant details in the history or may be they just dont want to read.

Every other call centre employee will give you different answers and different time frames to fix an issue.

And their billing system is totally screwed up. Advice to all of you please check your bills regularly, and also check your rate plan mentioned at the top of the bill (1st page), because all of a sudden you may notice that you have different rate plan all together.

Also I saw Reliance at least avoids changing the terms and condition of a rate plan, i.e., if you are in one rate plan then till the time you opt out your terms and conditions remains the same (except in few cases), but with Tata Indicom you can not be sure. My terms and conditions were changed thrice in the first two years I was using Tata Indicom (within the same plan).

Also your plan change can happen only in the next billing cycle, and if you miss the deadline you'll have to wait for another month for your rate plan to change.

Take care guys, BEWARE of Tata Indicom. It might happen the people might start calling you Indicom like we call one of my friends because of his regular early morning calls/followups with Tata Indicom :Contento::Riendo: Now everybody knows him as Indicom. :winko:

First of all every time you call them you need to repeat the whole history, and sometimes even in the same call i.e., if it gets transferred to somebody else.

I don't know whether they do not know to use a computer or they are just reluctant to put the full compliant details in the history or may be they just dont want to read.

Every other call centre employee will give you different answers and different time frames to fix an issue.

And their billing system is totally screwed up. Advice to all of you please check your bills regularly, and also check your rate plan mentioned at the top of the bill (1st page), because all of a sudden you may notice that you have different rate plan all together.

Also I saw Reliance at least avoids changing the terms and condition of a rate plan, i.e., if you are in one rate plan then till the time you opt out your terms and conditions remains the same (except in few cases), but with Tata Indicom you can not be sure. My terms and conditions were changed thrice in the first two years I was using Tata Indicom (within the same plan).

Also your plan change can happen only in the next billing cycle, and if you miss the deadline you'll have to wait for another month for your rate plan to change.

If u call any CC of any company you'll find the same problem. In most of the call centres the people employed are not experts. Most of them r barely 12th passed kids who get very low packages. & above all most of them are least intrested in companies plans & technology. One strange thing that always happens with me whenever i call a cc is the on my first call the executive simply denies of the feature which i want to enable. But if i make 3-4 calls to cc & talk to different exec. everytime then i get the work done. i 'v had this experience with Rel cc ,Idea cc, Airtel cc, Dolphin(mtnl) cc & even with indicom cc. So now i don't bother if the cc fails to help me out in one call. Even if u go to their showrooms (webworld, hub etc) you'll will see that they only know wahtever is written on the brochure they don't know anything beyond that. U ask them one technical question & they just fail to help u any longer.

I believe any of our Rimweb regular member knows much more then those cc executive.

I think Rimweb membership should be made mandatory for all cc executives :Contento: Atleast after reading all posts they'll get to know subscriber's troubles.

There are many service providers like Airtel, Dolphin, Idea which allows to change plan only from the next month's bill cylce.(but remember these companies don't charge 1month rental in advance for plan migration Read This).

I don't know which terms & conditions did indicom changed with u but according to TRAI all service providers are free to introduce/withdraw any package according to their wish. ( this is mentioned in some hidden page of 'Terms & condition' on their website) so u can't do any thing about it. They r businessmen whose prime aim is just to extract more money not social service :winko: so u just have to live with it.

I don't know which terms & conditions did indicom changed with u but according to TRAI all service providers are free to introduce/withdraw any package according to their wish.

@anuragz

As per TRAI ruling any provider providing any plan or service cannot change terms and conditions for a minimum period of 6 months for a customer from the date of providing that particular service to the customer.

Edited by I_C_U

^^^

yes, i agree 100% with pankaj on this.

FWIW, & for those intrested in changing to another provider - I just got to know that Idea Cellular is offering EXACTLY the same plan as the Airtel Friendz pre-paid plan!!! In short, you can call other Idea cell phones at 10 paise per min between 3-5 pm and 10-8 am. Idea-Idea SMS is 10 paise and Idea - Other is 25 paise. Can call 5 local Idea numbers at 10 paise/min throught the day, etc, etc. In short everthing seems to be exactly like Airtel's Friendz plan. Best thing I was told is that you can load a Rs. 57 STV and calls to other mobiles would be 50paise/min! The Rs. 30 & Rs. 50 offer for 500 and 1000 SMSes, respectively cannot be combined with this plan. This is as told by Idea customer service (please verify). Idea Cellular's website however, should get the "Most Useless Website" award ...as it has absolutely no details of the latest plans nor of current handset bundle offers, etc, etc!

I think the heading of this thread should be changed from "...why we should switch to Tata" to "...why we should switch to another service provider" as almost all operators currently seem to have better tariffs than RIM.