Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Motorola Want To Rock Cdma

Two High End CDMAs and a Ton of Entry Level Phones From Motorola

Yesterday, 6:41 PM source: Motorola

Motorola today announced CDMA versions of two recent GSM handsets:

• RAZR maxx Ve: is an EV-DO capable version of Motorola's modern looking clamshell featuring touch sensitive external music controls and an autofocus 2.0 Megapixel camera as well as stereo Bluetooth, MicroSD slot and 60 MB of built-in memory.
  • ROKR Z6m: Motorola has renamed the RIZR Z6 announced at CES the ROKR and announced an EV-DO capable version. Like its GSM brother, the Z6m features stereo Bluetooth, 3.5 mm headset jack, 2 Megapixel camera, QVGA screen and a MicroSD slot.

Motorola also announced six entry-level W series handsets based on the KRZR and SLVR form factors:

• W395: A more RAZR-esque version of the W510 that was announced at 3GSM, this GSM phone features Bluetooth, a 1.3 Megapixel camera and MicroSD slot.
  • W380/385: A simple clamshell with a VGA camera and Bluetooth with a monochrome external display like the PEBL. The 380 is GSM, and the 385 is CDMA.
  • W360: Similar to the SLVR L6, this slim GSM candybar has a VGA and FM radio.
  • W218: A simple candybar phone with quad-band GSM, a small color screen and FM radio.

2134_115x416.jpg

Edited by hpnasik

I thinks these will be in India after 2010, when motorola can no longer finish the leftover stock. see movo razr v3m. we got it so late, at so high price, i think hoping any of the above set to come here in near future will be a impossible dream.

Now things got changed, they will launch all models soon here also.

As far as all models are RUIM based.

What abt the PDA's which were under testing... u mentioned in some other thread ?

U all must hve seen the Abhishiek Bachchan's Moto ROKR advertisment..

when it is going to b launched??

i checked out their site..and it said it has PDA features..

and aftr googling i got to knw that it is nearly priced at 18000(ofcourse outside india)...

U all must hve seen the Abhishiek Bachchan's Moto ROKR advertisment..

when it is going to b launched??

i checked out their site..and it said it has PDA features..

and aftr googling i got to knw that it is nearly priced at 18000(ofcourse outside india)...

it's available for 22k in delhi

Moto Rokr.....It's available on rediff for INR 18190.

Besides Motorola unveiled two multimedia clamshells in the RAZR-style – W385 and W355. They are designed for CDMA networks as well, but aimed at the mass market. Motorola W385 supports Bluetooth interface, comes with a camera and can work with aGPS-services. Motorola W355 is equipped with an FM-tuner.

The specs of Motorola W385:

* Display - 1.8”128x160 pixels

* VGA-camera

* Bluetooth, USB 1.1

* aGPS-services

* 950 mAh battery

* Dimensions – 99x45x18.2 mm

The specs of Motorola W355:

* CDMA 800 MHz, CDMA 1X

* Display - TFT 128x160 pixels

* FM-radio

* BREW

* 880 mAh battery

* Dimensions – 99x45x18.6 mm

* Weight - 95 g

-----------------------------------------------------------

The ROKR series is extended with one more CDMA-phone. Motorola ROKR Z6m slider is a music model in first place. It is equipped with a 2-megapixel camera, a 3.5-mm headphones jack, an expansion slot for microSD (up to 2 GB) cards and supports stereo sound transfer via Bluetooth and USB 2.0.

Like Motorola RAZR maxx Ve the Z6m will appear in the first half of 2007.

The specs of Motorola ROKR Z6m:

* CDMA 800/1900 MHz, CDMA 1X/ EV-DO

* 2” QVGA display

* 2-megapixel camera

* Music player - MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA

* Video write/read

* microSD slot

* 3.5-mm jack

* Bluetooth with stereo sound transfer

* USB 2.0

* WAP2.0, BREW 3.1.4

In addition to low-end GSM phones Motorola has announced several music models for CDMA networks, Motorola RAZR maxx Ve being one of them. It supports EV-DO standard and enables music and video downloading at high speed.

It is designed mainly for the American operator Verizon Wireless. The phone is expected in shops in the first half of 2007.

The specs of Motorola RAZR maxx Ve:

* CDMA 1X EV-DO 800/900 MHz

* 2-megapixel camera with auto focus and 4x digital zoom

* Music player - MP3 and WMA

* Video write/read - H.263 and MPEG4

* 60 MB of user available memory

* microSD slot

* Bluetooth 1.2 with stereo sound transfer

* GPS/LBS services

What abt the PDA's which were under testing... u mentioned in some other thread ?

Well thats PDA XV-6800 from UTSTARCOMM.

the handsets are to be launched, so till they are launched the prices will be tentative..and depend on the then market conditions.

moreover whenever the handsets are launched..prices are sure to come down within 6 months..

what need to be seen is are these manufacturers bold enuf to launch the pieces..

can we see a virtue in CDMA?

guys...

the handsets are to be launched, so till they are launched the prices will be tentative..and depend on the then market conditions.

moreover whenever the handsets are launched..prices are sure to come down within 6 months..

what need to be seen is are these manufacturers bold enuf to launch the pieces..

can we see a virtue in CDMA?

guys...

i am really waiting for these sets to get launched........

In a handset starved.. good/ loaded handset starved maeket like us everybody is.. waiting

Moto handsets in TEST.

Confirm news from reliable source.

Moto handsets in TEST.

Confirm news from reliable source.

Great news.........i am really waiting for MOTO smart phones...........since Nokia is hopeless in cdma now

hi there,

could any one help me about the moto razr v3m? i mean, i just could not find any detailed reviews on the hand set even after i googled for almost an hour

hi there,

could any one help me about the moto razr v3m? i mean, i just could not find any detailed reviews on the hand set even after i googled for almost an hour

ere..

check this thread..

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...c=8844&st=0

this myt help u..

how about the reliability of this one? i am considering nk6275 and moto razr v3m. i lost my trust in Nk in CDMA. they just keep chaning the models every now and then. the motorola seems like a steady companion.

ne views?

Wait for Moto RokrZ6m ..... :)

Edited by MaHeN4eVeR

^^^ ya, reliance will launch it in 2009 for 15/20k when all r having rokr8 or rokr9. it's reliance man, don't keep ur hopes too high.

^^^ ya, reliance will launch it in 2009 for 15/20k when all r having rokr8 or rokr9. it's reliance man, don't keep ur hopes too high.

LOL................Common Rocker......we r waiting...................6275 looks very cheap........