Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
shubhanyu

Aku 3.5.4 With 3.12.30 Wwe And Radio 1.41

Hi dear friends.

After a lot of nagging you folks, I finally found the way to the kitchen, and cooked myself the ROM of my choice. It is simple, zero customizations, but sufficiently loaded for you.

It has:

Core: 3.12.30 WWE

Radio: 1.41

AKU: 3.5.4

Memory: 36 MB free in Storage, 30 MB free in Program

Phone: iPhone dialer (no smart dial)

Comm Manager: New 9 button Comm manager

Software: (in the order it appears in the Programs menu)

1. OneNote Mobile

2. 1-Calc Lite

3. Add Ringtone

4. Adobe Reader LE

5. HTC Audio Manager

6. Bluetooth Explorer

7. HTC Camera

8. ClearTemp 0.9.3

9. Comm Manager (9 button)

10. Dict Edtor

11. Enroller

12. Excel Mobile

13. ExtROM Unlock

14. File Explorer

15. Help

16. Internet Explorer

17. Internet Sharing

18. Esmertec Jeode Java

19. Windows Live Messenger Mobile

20. Mobibook Reader

21. MusicID

22. MyExtensions

23. PHM NotePad

24. Notes

25. Pictures & Videos

26. PIM Backup 2.5

27. TCPMP Player

28. Pocket RAR

29. PowerPoint Mobile

30. PPC 6700 Hacks

31. QuickClear

32. RegEditor

33. Resco File Explorer

34. Resco Registry

35. Resco Update

36. PHM Reset

37. Screen Capture

38. Search

39. HTC Streaming Media

40. System Info

41. DotFred Task Manager (the better one)

42. Tasks

43. Text Message Retry

44. Total Commander 2.5 PB2

45. HTC Voice Recorder

46. Windows Live

47. Windows Media

48. Wireless Modem

49. WM5 Storage

50. Word Mobile

Also there:

1. New Menu WM5

2. TodayAgenda

3. Arcsoft MMS

4. Menu Customizations

5. Contacts Manager 1.6

6. HTC X Button (as Task Manager in System Settings)

7. OSX Aqua Keyboard Skin

8. Button 4 (IE) long hold set to flash on (VJCandela)

Themes:

1. Bliss

2. Cheers

3. Crossbow

4. Grass

5. Guava Bubbles

6. HTC

7. Metal

8. Telus

8. Windows Default

9. WMBE

10. Yellow Sunset

Sounds:

Standard as well as additional

Games:

1. Solitaire

2. Bubble Breaker

3. Dope Wars

4. CrossWords (Scrabble-kind)

WHY I cooked this ROM:

Hetal's ROM is excellent. But my only gripe with it was that I wasn't able to send text messages to my friend in Chennai on the Airtel Network - he would just get an unreadable message. Further, I was not able to use the full 160 character limit for messages - the messages would fail to send.

I am on the TATA Indicom Network. I cooked a new ROM, and now my problems have gone - so I may say that this ROM would be most compatible. Further, the ROM has everything you need, may be a thing or two less depending on personal preferences, but still a potent ROM. For those on Reliance, you may use Hetal's Extended ROM for Reliance customizations, but that would spoil the beauty, as this ROM doesn't has Reliance pasted everywhere. It is just that - a clean, potent, uncustomized ROM for everyone. The battery life is excellent, too. The speed of the UI is great as well.

This ROM also does not have the Phone Service DLL problem. The file just isn't there in this ROM. Feel free!

RapidShare Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/46065307/AKU3....12.30_R1.41.rar

I invite you all to try it out.

Thank you.

Edited by shubhanyu

you can upload on rapidshare

I am on dialup these days so wont be one of the first people to try it. :rolleyes:

would have tried it but am on linux these days so my phone is off the cable :rolleyes:

good effort... just one thing though... since most of the ppl here are on reliance... they might miss the customizations built for reliance... moreover ud have to do a lot of registry tweaks after uploading this rom... maybe mention a few of those too in ur post... would be helpful for those trying the rom

would have tried it but am on linux these days so my phone is off the cable ;)

good effort... just one thing though... since most of the ppl here are on reliance... they might miss the customizations built for reliance... moreover ud have to do a lot of registry tweaks after uploading this rom... maybe mention a few of those too in ur post... would be helpful for those trying the rom

That is the thing - I am offering the base ROM with the latest radio and the core, along with all the necessary software - this is for all. Any one who wishes to use it on Reliance just use the Hetal's 6MB extended ROM flash and you are done!

Edited by shubhanyu
  • Like 1

Great rom Shub only one issue, I am on sprint, loaded the sprint roms but still not able to do the ## dialing ;) any suggestions?

Great rom Shub only one issue, I am on sprint, loaded the sprint roms but still not able to do the ## dialing :( any suggestions?

I suppose the dialer needs to be 'smart' to allow ## dial...so if you change the skin to smart dial it should work, or, otherwise, I will be updating the ROM to include EPST codes folder, from where the codes will work. This should work I suppose!

Hi Shubh,

Loaded the new rom posted by you. Seems to be fast and good. The Iphone dialler is really cool. But one thing i am sorely missing is the smart dialling. Is there absolutely no way to incorporate the smart dialling in this dialler. Also i used the extended rom by Hetal as suggested by you, but now the bottom two butons are set on SPB menu and Contacts and both of them are not available in this rom. i am also missing the CClaunch which is probably a part of the SPB menu. Can we incorporate them in the next version. And pls do check out the smart dialling issue.

Amit

Smart Dial is not available for any of the iPhone dialers. If there is a general consensus, we can have a smart dialer in the ROM and leave the iPhone skin to be installed by anyone later.

So who wishes to trade looks for smart dial? :(

Smart Dial is not available for any of the iPhone dialers. If there is a general consensus, we can have a smart dialer in the ROM and leave the iPhone skin to be installed by anyone later.

So who wishes to trade looks for smart dial? :(

Iphone looks too good, so dont want to loose it. But smart dialling is also very important for me. Cant decide. But what do i do for the two soft buttons. Any solution.

Amit

this iphone dialer theme wont let u have smart dialing... try the htc retouched dialer theme that has smart dialer working(search for my posts in either hetal's release b or c and i think i have posted the eten dialer which also has smart dial working)... like shub said earlier and in my first post when i posted this iphone theme... well smart dialing is something u need to sacrifice for this theme.... as for the soft keys.... well again there are a lot of freeware sites which would let u change the two keys by dling a small cab and configuring it... new menu is one such application... as for claunch... well it aint a part of spb shell... u can get it on these freeware or ppc download sites and other similar programs too...

Edited by Dj

Good Work bro !!!

Its working fine with me .... !!!

Hope 2 have more versions of the rom in the near future !

Cheers!!!!

Wonderful Work. I have to admit that your cooked ROM is better than Hetal. I had a problem with SMS before. But after using this ROM Bamm just went straight back again. I love your ROM. It has minimized add ons but very essential. Keep up the good work. Waiting patiently for another release

would have tried it but am on linux these days so my phone is off the cable :(

That is the thing - I am offering the base ROM with the latest radio and the core, along with all the necessary software - this is for all. Any one who wishes to use it on Reliance just use the Hetal's 6MB extended ROM flash and you are done!

Kindly post the link where i will get Hetal's 6MB extended ROM flash.

Thanks

Extended ROM serves not much of purpose if u can configure the connection yrself... The reliance LOGO is big let down in extended ROM

how to use this file ????

Since I am a fresher and not been used all these stuffs i dont know. So please tell me step by step to use this Aku 3.5.4. :winko:

how to use this file ????

Since I am a fresher and not been used all these stuffs i dont know. So please tell me step by step to use this Aku 3.5.4. :confuse:

1. download and install active sync 4.5 from microsoft website. charge ur battery to almost full.

2. back up all ur contacts by selecting sync contacts with outlook express. be careful as u might end up mixing ur e mails with phone numbers if u mess this up. i hope ur not using outlook for e mail or anything. its better u install outlook with ms office.

3. other option is ur current running rom might have an application called pim. which u can also use to back up ur contacts. just run the applications and make sure u save them on ur storage or mini sd card and not the main memory as the main memory will get deleted when u format.

4. if ur ph is new and contacts dont matter then dont bother these steps. 2 and 3.

5. connect ur phone with the cable provided to ur comp provided its running windows xp. dont use any other operating system.

6. when the computer shows ur conected and active sync recognises ur ph and shows a green tab as connected then u can be sure it is probably set up correct. let it sync.

7. now make sure u have the copy of the downloaded file ready and its a complete copy. on ur hard drive.

8.remove the phone. and now open any user guide of the 6700 and read it to know what buttons are called soft buttons and which are called button 1 2 3 4 and 5. write it down on a paper.

9. hard reset ur phone. press soft buttons 1 and 2 together and then simultaneously holding them put the stylus in the hole. this step is difficult because most people cant press them together and end up soft resetting instead of hard. if u do it correctly then u ll see a white screen with restore to factory setting. click y on the keyboard which ull have to open

10. if it simply restarts then u need to do it again. till u get it right.

11. now if u have hard reset and ur old rom had an extented rom which it prob does then it l install itself after restarting. let it do all that and restart again.

12. now u need to make sure ur comp has a good ups attached and it wont lose power in any way. if u lose power inbetween u will get screwed and ur ph might not work again. use a laptop if u can get one. but the laptop must be fast and new .. close all useless application in the laptop. make sure it has active sync running as well.

13 go into bootloader mode by pressing the top button and the top left button together and poking the stylus. these are shown in the setup guide in the rom files which u will install

14. if u do it correctly u will see serial written if u put ur screen in good light. the screen will darken and ull see it barely.

15 connect the usb calbe to it then it will say usb instead of serial. and show version 1.0 or 1.02 or sumthing

16. now click on the rom file in ur computer u ll see many files click on apacu file.. u ll see a screen load up .. follow its instructions close useless applications like internet n all in the comp. if its a laptop make sure it connected to power and disable the standby times or hibernate times or u ll get screwed again.

17. dont disturb ur ph and leep clicking sumthing on the comp every few minutes to make sure it doesnt go into standby. because it will take around 20-30 mins to complete.

18. pray while all this is going on. :Contento:

19.3 things will install. 1st will be the radio (make sure ur rom nas an radio nbf file in it and its the latest 1.41. this will take maximum time . 2nd will be the main rom. and 3rd will be the extended rom.after it completes it ll tell u to remove the cable.

20.hard reset now like the screen on comp tells u to. now ull see a welcome msg asking u to align ur screen tap the stylus on the screen where the plus sign moves. and then 2 ,3 other functions will be taught to u. after it all loads u ll see installing hetals extended rom on ur ph. let it do that and then it ll soft reset by itself.

21. now u r all set to use ur new phone . :Sorprendido: .. thank all the people who have made it possible and enjoy. i think u shd soft rest the phone after all this is done to make sure it runs smoothly. no need to set time and date as these will be automatically updated from the reliance site.

and keep a printout of this as u ll need it again and again.

22. in case ur installing wm6.. which is the latest then after u hard reset and u have aligned ur screen as soon as it loads up u ll see customising ur extended rom 3-- 2---1 .. before the 1 happens just quickly reset ur phone (soft reset) with ur stylus immediatly. and when it loads up again ur ready. dont do this step if ur using any downloaded file from the rim web site. this is only meant for the latest windows media 6 from the ppc geeks site.

good luck with ur phone.

Thanks Sunny... this is really very very helpful and I will do take the printout and will try this today itself. Once again thanks lot :Sorprendido:

Extended ROM serves not much of purpose if u can configure the connection yrself... The reliance LOGO is big let down in extended ROM

well u cant overlook the serious registry fixes that hetal has put into place with his extended rom...

In my humble opinion, they are fixes of trivial nature, those which can be done by hand - why do I impress upon this so much? For the reason that the fixes include a special Hetal brand of own - the Windows About info in the version al will show His signature name. Which I didn't really approve of on MY device ... :)

In my humble opinion, they are fixes of trivial nature, those which can be done by hand - why do I impress upon this so much? For the reason that the fixes include a special Hetal brand of own - the Windows About info in the version al will show His signature name. Which I didn't really approve of on MY device ... :winko:

I have a TATA no also and a PPC 6700 bought fron Sadiq can Tata world Be Accessed from this divice i mean can Web Browser be accessed on tata network on this device.

Would be gratefull to you if you can provide the same.

Their might be Many More who want to do the same.

regards Neeraj

Hey Shubhanyu, Dhiraj

Uploading my Kitchen now you caryy on the Job Buddy. as I dont have PPC6700 anymore, i want you Guys to Carry on Works

Edited by hetaldp