Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Rcom going to shutdown ??

Rcom Delhi is working fine. counting the last few days before my number gets ported to airtel.
  3. Today
  4. Rcom going to shutdown ??

I've been on Reliance since 2005-2006. I remember back in 2005 during the week-long Mumbai floods, I was traveling back home by train & on foot. I was trying to call up but all networks were down... except for Reliance (it used to be called Reliance India Mobile back then). RIM was a new entrant on the mobile scene dominated by the likes of Airtel, Hutch and even Garuda (MTNL). The fact that RIM was still moderately functional during the floods when all other networks were down, helped solidify Rcom's image of a reliable network. It even made it to the newspapers. RIM capitalized and leveraged the story to increase their user base. I've been a loyalist even since. Well, how things have changed. On a side note, it's actually a little ironic that at the beginning of the 2nd digital revolution (4G, cashless transactions, digital bank and so forth) a telecom company is shutting down.
  5. They are "Cashback vouchers" just like "Plan vouchers" and will remain in your "My Vouchers" of MyJio app till the number is active. Jio wants you to USE them in the coming years and stay with them by the way of en-cashing vouchers (Marketing trick). Who ever spent ₹399/- got ₹50*8 = ₹400 vouchers. Now to redeem these vouchers you should spend at least ₹309*8 = ₹2472 - ₹400 (50*8) = ₹2072 more. Well someone will say that you can also redeem it against ₹91 top-up, but wait ! - to use a top-up or booster pack you require an active base plan - which means another recharge.
  6. There are reports about BSNL's new FRC of Rs. 7 on news and telecom websites. But nothing can be found about this offer on their official website or recharge portals. Is it true or rumoured?
  7. Rcom going to shutdown ??

Yes, headed by SBI Capital.
  8. Rcom going to shutdown ??

Eh! It is so pitiful! My first number! A decade long memories! I wanted to keep this number 'coz my ex sometimes calls me on it. So I ported out.
  9. @KAPILKDEV I have tried with your above method (switch account) but while recharge Jio voucher is not getting applied. Also, does anyone know what is the expiry date of the 8 cashback vouchers ?
  10. Rcom going to shutdown ??

It should be but it isn't. Both of my remaining numbers still have blank signals. It's like watching the ending moments of something that used to be great at one time.
  11. Rcom going to shutdown ??

Banks to whom debt is owed are likely to call the shots now as per T&C of debt restructuring. I guess Anil just wants to exit the Rcom mess. RCom’s new debt repayment plan gives banks majority shareholding
  12. Rcom going to shutdown ??

But their LTE network should be on.
  13. Rcom going to shutdown ??

Now that RComm debt restructuring is ON, is ADA the boss now?
  14. This is generally done by agent or third parties and not from Digital stores. My friend who did it through agent paid 650 and break up is ₹ 459/- plan charge, ₹ 100/- Prime membership and ₹100/- service charge or whatever you want to consider. I ported 3 nos to JIo from Digital Xpress and they didn't charge anything while porting. They asked me to pay after numbers are ported. Visit the gallery and ask them. Did you get any receipt?
  15. Rcom going to shutdown ??

Same here. I had two prepaid Reliance numbers that I had planned to dispose of, so I was watching it to see if or when Rcom would switch off their signals. On the first one, the signal bar went out 2 days ago, on the second, it went out yesterday. Incidentally, Rcom's DTH business was shut down on 18 Nov.
  16. Yesterday
  17. Rcom going to shutdown ??

It was 2500 Mhz which was useless for them. They want 700 Mhz or nearby.
  18. Rcom going to shutdown ??

BSNL was given 4G spectrum which they surrendered themselves
  19. Rcom going to shutdown ??

Government should have 'nationalized' this inactive company on 19 November - Indira Gandhi's birthday. as BSNL keeps asking for 4G spectrum.
  20. Rcom going to shutdown ??

In my area, you can latch on Airtel, Vodafone and Idea. Currently i have latched onto Airtel's network and i have checked that Idea and Vodafone networks are also working. Both no I/C or O/G calls or data will work. You can only send port SMS.
  21. Rcom going to shutdown ??

Anil Ambani is sailing Rcom towards self destruction and don't know about "lifetime validity" but Rcom's 'LIFE' is sure on ventilator and may not survive till 2020 even.
  22. Rcom going to shutdown ??

LOL!. Yeah. Their 'lifetime' validity would end in 2022. Try in 4G phone in 4G sim socket.
  23. Rcom going to shutdown ??

How can we forget that Rcom is infamous for NOT keeping its promise.
  24. Rcom going to shutdown ??

They had said that this would happen on December 1. But it happened on November 21. What's going on? I have applied for port out but 2 days are left.
  25. Rcom going to shutdown ??

Yes - here in Mumbai too. Reliance (Rcom) network is missing since yesterday and unlike before, now the sim seldom connects to Aircel or TataDocomo network (even tried manually).
  26. Why did you pay ? while applying for Port in you don't need to pay anything. Did you pay ₹650 or ₹560 ? there is no Jio Prime recharge totaling to ₹650. If you paid ₹650 then go to the gallery and tell him that the number is now active and ask him to recharge for either ₹459 + ₹99 = ₹558 (for 84GB 84 days plan) or ₹509 + ₹99 = ₹608 (for 98GB 49 days plan) and refund the balance. Advise to all : Please DON'T pay anything when you apply for PORT-IN to any operator. You need to recharge only once the porting is successful.
  27. Rcom going to shutdown ??

Reliance numbers stop working suddenly . Aircel network not accessible.
  28. You are not supposed to pay anything at the time of initiating porting. You are to recharge only after the number has been successfully ported.
  1. Load more activity