Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pottay

Bitpim / Unicdma - What is it all?

Hi! I am new to the forum. Can some of my seniors help me out. I need UNICDMA software. Does it support USB port too? What is BitPim? I am a new learner and this is for experimental purposes only.

Regards

Pottay

UniCDMA is not very easily available. For the usage of bitPIM, pls refer to the newbie's guide section under technical/programming.

You will have to refer about unicode in the topics where it was earlier discussed. it has peoples email address who r ready to send thae program to u. i had got it but as i lost the proegram as of now.

hi vihal....thanks for the help.....but the problem is that uniCDMA is reading till com port 4 only whereas the usb ports are 5 and 6... any idea, how unicdma can detect my phone on comm port 5???

Does UniCDMA work with USB Cable. For me its not working!!!

yeah it works.it works for me in OEM usb cable :help:

My USB is connected as COM3. Still UNICDMA does not seem to detect it.

Can anybody tell me what the problem is!!!

Thanks Vishal. I could Dload it. I also have the same quarry. The cables normally available in the market are USB port. Can uniCDMA or BtPIM detect it? Is there any place where serial cable are available or can we convert the USB to serial?

Regards

My LG LSL Iphone with USB cable isnt getting detected in uniCDMA..

tried Lg softs.. nothing helped

Guess USB cables wont work good with uniCDMA

My bro uses an USB cable brought from Reliance Web World and it works perfectly fine with all softwares.

@hada: please search the forum (hint: in the technical programming forum itself) and you will find the solution to the port problem !

If you are using Windows 2000 or Windows XP,

you can exchange com ports to suit progs like uniCDMA...

ie.

Goto My Computer Properties

then get into Device Manager

Select your device and see its properties

Browse to tab "Advanced"

Click "Advanced Port Settings"

Select your comport from the dropdown to the bottom of the new dialog.

Click ok.

:angry:

Will UNICDMA work if I change to COM1 or COM2... My USB is currently on COM3!!!

Edited by deepu

Thanks, But under the device manager-> Hardware -> I can only see two entries for the USB devices ..1Intel USB........ controller and USB root Hub. From where should I change the port for my USB port to COM 1 or COM 2?

My bro uses an USB cable brought from Reliance Web World and it works perfectly fine with all softwares.

@hada: please search the forum (hint: in the technical programming forum itself) and you will find the solution to the port problem !

23713[/snapback]

You may kindly pin point the exact topic under which I may find the solution for the port problems if you can remember the same please.

You may kindly pin point the exact topic under which I may find the solution for the port problems if you can remember the same please.

23743[/snapback]

U'll find a small lil tab on the top right corner "SEARCH". u may use that tab to search thru the forum! If u dont find anything there then write back. The reason we ask users to search is to make them familiar with these things as this is going to help them the most! Best of Luck!

Thanks,  But under the device manager-> Hardware -> I can only see two entries for the USB devices ..1Intel USB........ controller and USB root Hub.  From where should I change the port for my USB port to COM 1 or COM 2?

23742[/snapback]

Its not the Intel Controllers where u got to change the port

Instead in the properties of the device

for eg. if u r having a modem in that usb (virtual com port), then select properties of

the appropriate modem from the "Modems" section...

dats it :confuse:

Well.. I changed the COM port and tried using UNICDMA... its still not detecting the phone....

May be USB cable may not work with UNICDMA...

I will have to get a serial cable...

HI,

I have UniCDMA, InterCDMA, QPST, UniPST , BitPim, Nokia 2280, Samsung - N191, Original Nokia DKU-5 and a USB data cable for Samsung-191.

I haven't been able to read any of my handset with the help of these softwares. Is there any way for me so that I could read my phones using the above mentioned tools.

Regards,

Rajesh

Hi Guys! As regards the Hexadecimal problem, I think any scientific calculater can do the job. Or else one can get help from a younger sibling - prob a student of secondary schooling. It is only a matter of multiplying the digits with their respective place values and adding the products.

With regards to the confusion of detecting the phone with Bitpim etc, I would like to mention here that a lot depends on ones PC hardware. Still I would suggest, it is best to use a serial cable and not the USB one. coz not all softwares are written to read USB. One needs a good USB to serial driver to create a virtual COM port and then the USB cable might work. I am myself also working on it and will post any new developments.

The UniCDMA shows the esn no. in hexadecimal format. how can we know the 10 digit no. equivalent to that and vice versa.

24251[/snapback]

The ESN no isnt ur phone no.

Phone no is assigned by reliance system corresponding to your esn and no in their system...

Discussion of such things are banned here.

I converted the USB cable into serial one by using the MAX232 chip. Now when I connect my samsung 191 on COM2 and run uniCDMA, upon activating the DM mode ithe phone shows the display 'AUTO CDMA" 'suspend' and resets itself. Why is this happening and what is the remedy? Cam any one help. Could not read the eprom at all.