Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mk15

R Connect Displaying Wrong Usage

I am using R connect on LG LSI 110 Cordless FWP (Freedom at night plan). I am also using DU meter to measure my upload and download. However, last night DU meter showed a download of 54 MB in 3 hours 30 mins whereas the file I was downloading had only done 22 Mb. I was not using any other application while I was downloading the file. R connect was showing download speeds of 10-12 constantly.

This has really got me puzzled as to where had the balance 32mb gone.I also have a cable connection where DU meter record accurately corresponds to the actual download thus, ruling out any corruption in DU Meter.

I dont know what would have happened if this had happened on a data based plan. ANybody experience this before ? Any ideas ?

Thanks and regards

Mohit

I am using freedom @ night plan and my un billed usage is increasing daily by around 10 Rs., even though I dont use my mobile phone for outgoing calls and use r connect only @ night ( after 10 PM )

has any one facing same??

Mk15, one thing you should check for when that is happening - check for packet loss... I had 50 - 80 % packet loss on my Hathway connection ...so you can imgine...

Edited by raccoon

Even me facing the same problem and for shock my un-billed increasing 70 to 90 buck on daily basis, i spoke on 333 they say am being charged correctly, lets my bill come for this month.

I also sproke with CC about unbilled usage increasing wrongly, they asked me to wait till bill get generated.

Any idea guys what cud be the problem?

In R connect they do not provide detail bill , so u donoo what surprise u might get .

munnamobile r u using freedom @ night ..??

Is anyone else facing similiar problem.

i am using R connect on LG LSI 110 Cordless FWP . My plan is shift 40 hours.

It is working well for me. there is no hike in my unbilled usage.

mk15, you are concerned with the data shown in DU Meter only, right ? Most probably, R-Connect could have logged only 22 MB itself. I've seen variations in the data shown by DU Meter and R-Connect unbilled usage, where DU Meter always logs more data. Moreover, why are you worried about it when you are on the Freedom@Night plan ?

Regarding the unbilled spike, are you guys sure that you haven't used R-Connect between 6 AM and 10 PM ?

100 % sure I have not used my phone for outgoing calls neither used R connect during 6-10 pm ..as I am in office and have unlimited internet access there .

For out going calls I use FWT and mobile phoen is always with me for incoming only .

Top of that It is not once it has happned...my billing cycle starts from 18 of every month and incidently that is the day when freedom@ night plan got activated and since then it is daily increasing by 10- 15 Rs per day .Last month there was no problems like this??

one more thing , I dont have R world on my phone :-))

Just now I have written to chairmans office about it.

munnamobile

Is the problem still there ??

I hope your plan actually got migrated to the Freedom@Night plan. Did you receive the SMS confirmation ? Anyway, do let us know what the Chairman's Office says !

Yes BPP me still facing same prob, today they increased 88 bucks. even me in freedom @night, and dont connect after 6AM.

I got confirmation SMS, call from webworld( where I submitted request for it) and also a call from Reliance call centre that freedom @ night has been activated on 18 October

Chairman office says they can help only after bill is generated.

from 18 till 22 October ( 5 days ) unbilled amount is 76.5 Rs ..that means 15 rs per day ..

It could be that they are charging advance rental . Some thing like had been told by Reliance webworld person. When I went for plan subscription

I am in freedon @ night with joy 149 plan. Which comes to 400+ 50(clip + plan charges) + detail bill( 25) = 475 Rs per month + taxes..

15 Rs per day * 30 days = appox 450 Rs ...

munnamobile

Can u also check with u r webworld ..

Check for the possibility for any kind of spyware that maybe downloading/uploading something or even some kind of virus.

Loss / Erroneous Packets could also be a possibility.

A very good software to use is TCPview (from www.sysinternals.com) which will show you a list of active connections). Look for anything suspicious here. Its almost same as Netstat but this is windows version.

Hii All,

I have recently signed up for the Freedom@Night plan... and after enrolling my unbilled amount has shot up beyond comprehension...I am suspecting they are adding the charges for the surfing (even in the 10 to 6 time slot) to my unbilled amount ...

I have asked CC to clarify and they said that you will be charged initially and while bill generation it will be deducted ... that means that my unbilled amount will b sumthing like 3000-4000 and then my bill will be 1000 bucks ...

What will happen to the credit limit then ?

Can you people help ??

regards,

Shuvabrata

<< Topic Merged >>

Edited by Arun

Looks as though many users had the same problem. Should be clear when this month's bill arrives.

I am also using freedom at night plan and not used my mobile for any calls and my unbilled amount is still Rs 0 No change in that and I am using ful time ie 10 - 6

Shabz, looks like u r lucky. I called up CC several times later to confirm and they r saying u r not billed for the usage during night free hours ..and i am 150% sure that i haven't used it during peak hours ...

Please tell immediately once someone gets a bill after freedom at night plan activation...

Shuvabrata

I had activated freedom at night plan but in my bill its is charged as default plan . so till now reliance rconnect billing is not correct.

Did you talk to CC ?

Can you send the bill (pdf) to the forum plz ... and tell us whats going on ...

regards,

Shuvabrata

Did you talk to CC ?

Can you send the bill (pdf) to the forum plz ... and tell us whats going on ...

regards,

Shuvabrata

46198[/snapback]

i had registered complaint but till now my complaint is not solved.lets wait..............

When did you receive the bill ? May i know when did you activate the plan ??

Please forward the pdf if you can ..

Dear Sir,

Greetings of the day !

Thank you for taking the time to contact Reliance Customer Care and allowing us to address your needs.

This is in reference to your queries in the mail sent to Reliance Infocomm.

This is in response to your concern regarding your R-connect charges in your bill, we would like to inform you that your R-connect usage for the entire month will be calculated first and then respectively discounted.

We hope, that we have helped you resolve all the aforesaid queries. It was a great pleasure answering your queries.

We look forward to an opportunity to assist you again.

For further details, you can visit our web-site www.relianceinfo.com or write to us at customercare@relianceinfo.com or fax us at 022-3033 6565. You can also call Reliance Customer Care by dialling *333 or 3033 3333 from your Reliance IndiaMobile or Reliance IndiaPhone or by dialling 022-3033 3333 from any other phone.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Care

Reliance Infocomm

The information provided is based on prevailing terms and conditions of the company, which, are subject to change without prior notice.

This electronic message transmission contains information from Reliance Infocomm & is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, beware that any disclosure, copy distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received the electronic transmission in error please notify us immediately.

-----Original Message-----

Date:  Monday, November 07, 2005  03:54 PM

To:  customercare@relianceinfo.com (customercare@relianceinfo.com)

Subject:  WS/RIL - 117409

Customer Service Report

First Name  Shuvabrata 

Last Name  Nandi 

Phone  9323976883 

Email ID  shuvabrata@ricmail.com 

Address  Flat-31, LT22, Vijaynagar 

Address2  Marol Maroshi Road, Andheri(E) 

City  Mumbai 

State  Maharashtra 

Country  India 

Pin Code  400059 

Subject  R-Connect Billing Problem 

Email Reason 1  Customer Inquiry 

Email Reason 2  Billing 

Message  I have recently changed my R-Connect plan to Freedom@Night. I have a confusion regarding the way of billing for my R-Connect Usage. Will the hours be calculated and billed first and then discounted while generating the bill? Please confirm, this is urgent. 

Account ID  - 

Reliance Phone Number  09323976883 

This is the response i got from Customer Care .. and the following is the response i got from Chairman's Office ...

Dear Mr. Nandi,

Greetings of the day!

This is in reference to your mail addressed to the Chairman.

We understand the challenges faced by you due to the delay in reply from our side.

We have been trying to contact you but we were not able to reach you.

In response to your query regarding unbilled usage, it is the amount that has not yet been billed. It is an approximate figure and normally comprises of usage charges (voice calls, SMS, R Connect charges) from the last date of the bill to the last date of rating calls and is approximately 24 hours old. Your unbilled usage in our system as on November 8, 2005 is Rs. 456.82/-.

Further,  we request you to write back at this email address once the bill has been generated for any issue so that we can look into the matter and appropriate action can be taken.

We are constantly trying to improve our services. Looking forward to your co-operation.

For further details, you can visit our web-site www.relianceinfo.com or write to us at customercare@relianceinfo.com or fax us at 022-3033 6565. You can also call Reliance Customer Care by dialling *333 or 3033 3333 from your Reliance IndiaMobile or Reliance IndiaPhone or by dialling 022-3033 3333 from any other phone.

Yours sincerely,

Abilash Palissary

Customer Service

Chairman's Office

The information provided is based on prevailing terms and conditions of the company, which are subject to change without prior notice.

This electronic message transmission contains information from Reliance Infocomm & is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, beware that any disclosure, copy distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received the electronic transmission in error please notify us immediately.

-----Original Message-----

Date:  Monday, November 07, 2005  10:39 PM

To:  ada@relianceinfo.com (ada@relianceinfo.com)

Cc:  Contact.Chairman'sOffice@relianceinfo.com (Contact.Chairman'sOffice@relianceinfo.com)

Subject:  Response received in Contact our Chairman:www.relianceinfo.com - 80715

Contact Our Chairman-Reliance Infocomm

Name : Shuvabrata Nandi 

Email : shuvabrata@ricmail.com 

Address : Flat 31, LT22, Vijaynagar, Marol Maroshi Road Andheri(E) Mumbai-400059 

Phone No : 0 9323976883 

Message : This is regarding an unexplainable increase in my unbilled amount after i signed up for the new Freedom@Night R-Connect plan. My unbilled amount is increasing by 70-80 bucks everyday even without making a voice call. When i asked Customer Care they said it will be taken care of in the bill. Can you just provide me the rationale behind this? Looking forward to a quick explanation .. regards, Shuvabrata 

I hope the thing is quite clear now ... but strangely CC still is saying sometimes that i am not being charged at all for the surfing during night (10-6) hours ..

Shuvabrata

U never rely on the customer care. it may also possible that they interpret the written matter differently. Just wait for ur bill or some one get bill (who are using freedom@night). Than we will know exactly what is main reason behind this system.

Wait and Watch......

Thanks and Take Care!

When did you receive the bill ? May i know when did you activate the plan ??

Please forward the pdf if you can ..

46202[/snapback]

i had activated freedom at night on 22 october. after 22 only i used r connect. my bill generated on 01/11/2005.

(I am also using freedom@ night )If I see my unbilled usage and click on Data

it shows " Unbilled Data Usage (MB): 154 "

Where as I am in time based plans.

5 days back my unbilled usage ( voice ) was in creasing every day wityh out my using phone for voice calls/ sms, r world and r connacet in day time )

5 days back it stopped in crasing after complaint to chairmen

but now it shows " Unbilled Data Usage (MB): 154 "

I dont understand this