Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mena2341

Mantraway.com are Real Rippers

mantraway.com is real rippers ripped me for $1300 and they are a member in the forum

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showuser=314

i paid them $1300 for sms gateway unlimited pack with 1gb hosting with unlimted bandwidth and ssl certificate and payment gateway

and that what i had got

the sms gateway was not support many foreign countries as Pakistan and egypt and many more also they never support us with the api info they just support us with admin web login and the gateway goes down after 3 weeks

about the unlimited bandwidth that we paid extra money for was limited to only 1GB monthly

about the ssl certificate was faked and was not real info

about the payment gateway it was 2checkout not real gateway

i send them tons of emails complaning and asking them to offer the service i paid for or re-fund me but they never reply me

till now iam still patient and still emailling them but i do not think that i will be patient for so long i called my lawyer and will send soon a copy of all the emails i got from and the billing address and phones numbers and send all that info to the indian police office

hay mantraway if you are not a ripper message me back at my email that you never reply mena2341(at)hotmail(dot)com

1) this seems to be a indian company so u are lucky in a way ur case seems to be eaisier to fight for

2) make it sure about coverage coz their website shows they cover 4 operators of egypt

http://www.mantraway.com/Products/SMS_Gateway/coverage.asp

3) there is one perticular menber in this forum who has enterprise in the field he has ongoing cases with sify and reliance so i think he is the best person who can guide u if there is any legal action to be taken

<--- ankur raheja

and yup keep us updated on this matter

There are others also who have been cheated by mantraway.... and arun and I had a discussion about this a long time back.....

Cheers

Ashok

Yes, the guy behind 'mantraway' is a fraudster and he has cheated us too before. I'm sorry to hear that you paid him US$ 1300 ! I do have some of his contact details. Let me know if you need any help in proceeding with the case. Anyway, I'm not sure how your legal procedures would be since you seem to be from Egypt, right ?

Edited by Arun

mantraway.com is real rippers ripped me for $1300 and they are a member in that forum

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showuser=314

the sms gateway was not support many foreign countries as Pakistan and egypt and many more also they never support us with the api info they just support us with admin web login and the gateway goes down after 3 weeks

mena2341(at)hotmail(dot)com

1) i dont think then shes from egypt

2) hey arun y dont u remove mantraway outta d forum! we should not keep such frauds in our forum then

1. Shez from egypt ... IP address

2. That is aruns call ... I guess. as far as mantraway goes, I am trying to collate some more info about this chap.

Cheers

Ashok

I totally agree with you abhay. Arun some action should be taken. mena2341 any help required please let us know, we are there for you.

Edited by IC£MAN

I've left his account active in the forum so that I could get keep a watch on him (if the account gets deleted, all chances of tracking him will be lost ;) ). Actually, I've already removed his posting rights in the forum, all his posts would be invisible to members, unless approved by a moderator. He did make some posts afterwards, which were removed to the 'Junkyard' and thats why his profile says: "Most active in: Junkyard"

BTW, mena2341 has contacted me over PM and since mena2341 is from Egypt it is difficult, anyway will try to make some breakthroughs.

Edited by Arun

I've left his account active in the forum so that I could get keep a watch on him (if the account gets deleted, all chances of tracking him will be lost ;) ). Actually, I've already removed his posting rights in the forum, all his posts would be invisible to members, unless approved by a moderator. He did make some posts afterwards, which were removed to the 'Junkyard' and thats why his profile says: "Most active in: Junkyard"

BTW, mena2341 has contacted me over PM and since mena2341 is from Egypt it is difficult, anyway will try to make some breakthroughs.

This 'junkyard' must be the place accessible only to mods. It shows me "Most active in: Miscellaneous."

Yes it is ;)

And all the litter that we manage to clean goes in there.

hello i am partner of mena,

it is not only that they steal our money,

the covage in their list is the networks we tested , didnt work.

Also can you believ us that we couldnt open our site for 1 day? it was always gettign down after 2-3 sms's. Also do you know that we cant reach to admin panel of sms gateway because it is UNINSTALLED !!! it is uninstalled from their machine about 4 months !!!

we have got all their info . we will do the procedure ..

We just trusted them becuase they have domain name with ".in"

See mantraway.in

and we thought that only registered and validated companys can get ".in" domain name. Becuase as i am living in Turkey , to buy a domain name ends with ".com.tr" we need to do lots of procedures, doucments to be faxed, tax number to validate, etc etc..

I think indian goverment must control more the domain names. Becuase some of rippers are stealing people's money using ".in" domain names. It also means unrespected behaviour to Indian goverment :)

also to friends who dont trust us that we got ripped from mantraway.com; we can show all the source that we got ripped from them !

Edited by zehirgibi

gokhan, actually the Indian Government had the restriction till the February 2006 for .in domains, before it was open to the public now. Looks as though Turkey is yet to open .tr TLD for the public. It should be open for all. Anyway, I'm in contact with mena with the investigation already, lets hope for the best !

gokhan, actually the Indian Government had the restrictions till the February 2006 for the .in domains, before it was open to the public now. Looks as though Turkey is yet to open .tr TLD for the public. Its should be open for all actually. Anyway, I'm in contact with mena with the investigation already, lets hope for the best !

oh thanks arun,

as we dont have any friends in india so it was very problem for us, Thanks for helping us, because if you dont help us we need to pay too much to lawyers for the concern

That is so kind to see that: there are very smart & helpful ppl lives in india even rippers !

thanks !

Any help I will be around ... anyways I will just contact my lawyer friends to see how things are to be processed further..

Cheers

Ashok

AHAHHAAAAHAHAAAAHAaAHAAHHAAAA! You guys were 0wn3d! That too by a kid with a BSNL DSL modem. Ahahahaa! I can't stop laughing! :clap1:

Ok...sorry for that. This is too funny. Arre yaar isko koi leher pilao. Jor ka jhatka dheere se lage! This is some serious $hit that I am going to lay on you :clap1: So better sit down.

Ok...here goes...

Firstly, its YOUR fault entirely. Mantraway didnt come to you to con you. You went to them. Now, it is a standard procedure to run a background check on people whom you are paying money especially when you are going to pay USD1300 which translates to INR60000 which is some big $$$ lest its peanuts for you. You are cribbing about your lawyer's fees now but you should've thought about it before hitting that "Send" button!

Here is what I got when I ran a whois check on them:

whois mantraway.com
[Querying whois.internic.net]
[Redirected to whois.enom.com]
[Querying whois.enom.com]
[whois.enom.com]

Registration Service Provided By: NameCheap.com
Visit: http://www.namecheap.com/

Domain name: mantraway.com

Registrant Contact:
   Mantraway Inc
   Sumit Tiwari (Sumit_Tiwari@sify.com)
   +91.9334126836
   Fax: +91.6122357781
   D-42, Vrindavan Appt, Doctors Colony, Kankarbagh
   Patna, Bihar 800020
   IN

Administrative Contact:
   Mantraway Inc
   +91.9334126836
   Patna, Bihar 800020
   IN

Technical Contact:
   Mantraway Inc
   +91.9334126836
   Patna, Bihar 800020
   IN

Name Servers:
   dns1.name-services.com
   dns2.name-services.com
   dns3.name-services.com
   dns4.name-services.com
   dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 29 Dec 2004 07:54:09
Expiration date: 29 Dec 2006 07:54:09

Whois-Services: yqy7x92p3b4yyp.mantraway.com@whois-services.com

Heh, first thing that should've got your attention is the email address. It's @sify.com which is the ****tiest ISP in whole of India erm...the world actually. Anyway, the second most striking thing is that the address is listed in Bihar which is one of the worst states in entire of India. It is famous for crime and corruption (lalu anyone?). Biharis, no offence intended. And thirdly, it's domain is registered by namecheap. What kind of a company registers its name through namecheap? :|

Here is the whois info of a REAL Indian company who is guaranteed not to rip you off :clap1:

whois infosys.com
[Querying whois.internic.net]
[Redirected to whois.networksolutions.com]
[Querying whois.networksolutions.com]
[whois.networksolutions.com]

http://www.networksolutions.com

Registrant:
Infosys Technologies Limited
   34760, Campus Drive
   Fremont, CA 94555
   US

Domain Name: INFOSYS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
	  Jackson, Mathew Jackson		   jackson@INF.COM
	  34760 CAMPUS DR
	  FREMONT, CA 94555-3612
	  US
	  510-742-3020 fax: 510-742-2920

Record expires on 13-Oct-2006.
   Record created on 17-Jul-1992.
   Database last updated on 22-Dec-2005 02:25:48 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.SFJ.PNAP.NET			 216.52.1.1
   NS2.SFJ.PNAP.NET			 216.52.1.33

The Whois info is strikingly different.

Now, when I looked up the "host" of mantraway.com. I found something VERY curious. Nothing out of the ordinary but VERY curious.

$ host mantraway.in
mantraway.in is an alias for mantraway.net.
mantraway.net is an alias for transmantra.info.
transmantra.info has address 59.94.41.33

$ host mantraway.com
mantraway.com is an alias for mantraway.net.
mantraway.net is an alias for transmantra.info.
transmantra.info has address 59.94.41.33

All domains point to this IP 59.94.41.33 which is an IP of a consumer ISP in India. When I visited the website mantraway.in I got a screen. Check out the attachment that I have added.

You can see that my post in the background was totally different from what I posted! Those guys are running their website off a DSL connection and you trust them with USD1300. Thats just PLAIN stupid. I attempted to scan them but then they must've realized it. The guy rebooted his router and now he has the IP 59.94.40.172. I am quite sure he is using some kinda dynamic DNS services. Couldn't bother myself to go into details.

I could've ran a more detailed background check but these anomalies are more than sufficient to alert me. The only advice that I have for you is, forget it. Better luck next time. Before sending ANYBODY money over the internet please run a check on them and find out whether they are what they really say they are. May be you guys are too naive and not so computer savvy. The least you could've done is searched for reviews regarding mantraway.com! You know, Google is your friend!

If you are determined to get you money back then you could initial legal proceedings against mantraway.com but I doubt it will yeild anything. Instead you will end up spending large sums of money just trying to locate this guy and serve him a notice :clap1: .

Edit:

[RANT]

It is ironic that people with $$$ to spend prefer to get conned by such companies than pay a little over USD200 to a poor college kid (viz. me) to develop their websites. Maybe I should start conning people. Atleast they will pay me! People can really be stupid sometimes :|

Life s**ks!

[/RANT]

post-2013-1135237252_thumb.jpg

Great information linuxguy. I am sure it will be of great help to the people concerned. That is some effort you have put in.

Just one thing .... mistakes do happen ( We all make then at some point in our life's ), as it is they are tensed Please lets not rub it in.

Anyone from Bihar, who could help them. Come on guys there out to be some member from Bihar who could follow up with this.

Really? a member from Bihar? Wait minute........you mean they have the internet there? No.....wait.......they have ELECTRICITY there???

:grin: :'(

Edited by adwait

Believe it or not, he was running the website earlier on a Reliance R-Connect platinum plan !

I wouldn't agree with some of your points, linuxguy... I had been cheated by 2 Biharis including 'mantrway', but you simply cannot generalize *all* biharis as frauds just because of those 2 guys.

Namecheap is infact a leading domain name provider (even through they are enom resellers) along with Godaddy and many reputable businesses do register their domain through them.

first of all linuxguy,

thanks for interest in our concern. But of course we made a couple tests with them,

1) we wanted lots of sms's, ringtones from them, which they did sent.

2) we of course searched them on google.com and saw no feedback , we just trusted them when we saw their .in domain name

3) yes they are using a DSL, i saw that when i browsed their windows, they have back up software driver for modems :biggrinthumb: . so it was too late ..

4) we saw that they sent us SMS through a known sms sender provider. So when i searched in google i found sites like: smscountry.com. And i emailed to Smscountry.com and they told us Mantrarippers were their customer..

Also they really installed a sms gateway. We can see it and send some test SMS which were not stable. But i received some of them. But it is horrible to put it on free usage.

Now at that time a honest guy who lives in bihari can help us. Or we gonna again need to pay too much money to Lawyers. :clap1:

2) we of course searched them on google.com and saw no feedback

I hope Google would crawl this topic as soon as possible so that such incidents wont happen again !

we just trusted them when we saw their .in domain name
Big mistake, nowadays more country top level domains are being open to their citizens to push the growth of Internet in the country.
Also they really installed a sms gateway.

Did you know that most of their softwares including the operating system in his server (er, I doubt it would be a P III :P ) are pirated versions.

Now at that time a honest guy who lives in bihari can help us. Or we gonna again need to pay too much money to Lawyers. :(

Unless a police case if filed from your side, there is nothing that can be done 'legally' to punish him fom here in India. Yes, that could cost you a lot of money (maybe even more than what you spent?). But thats exactly what the guy was aware of, and why he was not afraid to cheat you since he knows that you wouldn't spend money to follow him up with the police. True, life s**ks thanks to these scamsters :wacko:

Edited by Arun

Sorry guys. Seems i have offended some of you. Anyway, Arun, I wasn't stereotyping Biharis. All I was saying was Bihar is renowned for its lawlessness so one needs to beware when dealing with companies / people in Bihar. Again, no offense meant.

Secondly, zehirgibi, you need to hire an Indian agency that will represent you legally in India. So I guess you will need to come to India atleast once. The cost of the case would run into thousands of USDs without any guarantee of ever catching the offenders. So IMHO move on. You better check out some other service.

to travelling to india is a risk for us becuase we are not sure that we have got the right address of them.

to whom that can help us to get our money back . we are giving a comission to him from our money ! we will award him with a good money !!

if our money is in thief's hand we are sad but if our money is in a honest indian's hand then we are happy !!!

What did your police and lawyer tell you when you filed the complaint ?

Dear Members,

Mantraway.com given him web hosting with email facility & SMS Gateway Connection (SMPP Link). We never commited him to make website officially. However this person needs complete asp codes for sms gateway which we cant provide.

If you will see his control panel carefully, you will find all services like email creation, sub domain management & bandwidth report. Till now he has sent more then 5,000 SMS across the world & we can prove this also....

According to customer, he is not able to use SMS Gateway (SMPP Link) & the reason is, All unlimited plans for SMS gateways are bind with single ip address to avoid multiple use of sms gateway. Now this customer is using ISP connection which provides him a dynamic ip address.

Just search all over the globe regarding Mantraway Incorporations, India. You will never find any negative posts about our firm.

One special note for Mr. Arun (Administrrator).

Without knowing the fact, please never publish these things.

Best Wishes,

Santosh Jain,

Mantraway Sales

+91-99344-15984

Edited by Santosh Jain