Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
shubhanyu

Ppc-6700 Repairs

Hi!

I bought a PPC-6700 from Shaikh Sadik. Vibration not working out of the box. Today the touchscreen conked, no response at all. Sadik does not reply, nor does he pick the phone.

Requesting all the informed people here to guide on the repair shop in New Delhi...am stranded.

Thank you..

Sir, Go to Gaffar Market, Karol Bagh, They will definately repair it.

But be aware, these Gaffar ppl are very clever, dey can change the parts n all.

Or go to Geeta Colony, East Delhi.

Here some Experts in PPC can repair it.

hey just keep the vibrator on i.e. goto ring settings and then when the phone is ringing with vibrator on just jerk ur moblie ... ur vibrator problem will be solved with that !

in regards to touch screen u need to get a touch screen digitizer check for compatible jasjam or o2 xda or similar models for touch screen digitizer !

if u cannot solve the problem lemme know ...

I m a hardware freak !

hey just keep the vibrator on i.e. goto ring settings and then when the phone is ringing with vibrator on just jerk ur moblie ... ur vibrator problem will be solved with that !

in regards to touch screen u need to get a touch screen digitizer check for compatible jasjam or o2 xda or similar models for touch screen digitizer !

if u cannot solve the problem lemme know ...

I m a hardware freak !

I will surely try for the vibrator, but I need the screen to respond!! I do not know what is a digitizer, and further, I have got the phone checked in Gaffar...

What I came to know is this:

The PPC Sadik gave me was thoroughly repaired. There was even a broken screw because of which the guy could not open the set with ease. Lot of tapework, and Indianism is clearly visible. I am seriously disgusted with this guy Sadik, at least people should learn to earn money is a more honest manner.

What the Gaffar people told is that there is some board which needs to be replaced, as he told the display is right - he checked with another display, and still another, and my PPC dis not respond to stylus, so we concluded that the signals are not properly reaching the display screen and the board and vice versa.

I brought my phone back, wondering what to do. As for after sales support, Sadik provides brilliant after sales support - he doesn't pick up nor respond to messages.

State of confusion pervades ... am I looking at a brick ... B)B)

Sir, See these PPC are from USA..

So Sadik wont provide you any after sales service and warranty..

Sadik is not a Mobile mechanic, who will be able to provide this service...

So, Better you get it repaired from some mobile shops..

i often have screen problems .. as stylus dont respond n stuff . wat i use to do is .. clean .. thorughly my screen with a thin cloth .. also go under the edges and corner with the help of my nail ... n clean it .. i clean it by applying a bit of pressure ... then align the screen ... n it gets solved ..

and about sadik, i have 2 batteries and 1 memcard pending from him since last 1.5 month .!! as usual .. no responds to calls/sms .. once luckily he picked my call .. and said that hes having some problem n his life is disturbed n stuff.. though he promised me to send it by 4th day ... but 2 weeks are over to that conversation .... and im still waiting...

@Shubhanyu and Niral:

I've now informed Sadik about your posts. Since he is unable to access the internet now, he will check this topic when he is available.

Sir, See these PPC are from USA..

So Sadik wont provide you any after sales service and warranty..

Sadik is not a Mobile mechanic, who will be able to provide this service...

So, Better you get it repaired from some mobile shops..

In his buy/sell thread for the PPCs, he clearly uses the tagline +After sales support. While I do understand that he is not a mechanic, and I do not expect any warranty from a used handset, the issue is just that nobody has yet had the privilege to discover that the handsets have been repaired here in India - I agree they are US pieces, but I can not disagree with what my eyes have seen inside my PPC today at the Gaffar market shop.

I just can't believe that a foreign repair shop would repair the piece in such a rudimentary manner, plus, there is the fact that not only the pieces he is selling are repaired, they are terribly repaired. The quality of the repair job clearly indicates Indianism as I would like to call it, and the quantity of the repairs performed point to heavy faults with the sets. At least mine suggests that way.

While I am at it, I had ordered a PPC from him for the first time, and the next morning the screen had begun to flash - white and then normal. Then the frequency increased, and it went totally white. I sent that to him back, but unfortunately it got broken in the transit.

I paid for another piece, and now problems with the display are coming with this one, also. I suppose I do not require a reason more to believe that the handsets he is selling us here are not just used heavily or lightly as some may here claim, but they are heavily problematic and repaired sets. They are like time bombs to me, they can show that they have problems any time, since they are fiddled with, too much.

Edited by shubhanyu

I have seen two boards beneath the screen. One is like paper, or plastic, while the other is the main hard. I have seen that the plastic-ky one was connected to the display unit through a thin film, which, at the joint connecting the film to the display, was cut through by the blade and then re-fixed. Same happened for the film connection on the plastic-ky board, and the issue is that the plastic-ky board is itself damaged.

The issue is not of soldering, the thing is that the whole setup inside is looking like bandaged everywhere - and then the fact that I am potentially looking at a brick, or a high repair cost, within a month of delicate use.

It could be me to have been unlucky, but then the tapes inside the phone and the clearly visible on the out as well as in-side marks of heavy use - the touch screen is scratched at the x-button and the keyboard button areas.

In all, totally disgusted, as I have not been able to enjoy the purchase, and the thing is not at all reliable. If any one may guide me to a better place for repairs, or if any one could tell me where in Delhi is the Reliance service centre for PPCs, so that I can show it there, I would be highly obliged.

I have seen two boards beneath the screen. One is like paper, or plastic, while the other is the main hard. I have seen that the plastic-ky one was connected to the display unit through a thin film, which, at the joint connecting the film to the display, was cut through by the blade and then re-fixed. Same happened for the film connection on the plastic-ky board, and the issue is that the plastic-ky board is itself damaged.

The issue is not of soldering, the thing is that the whole setup inside is looking like bandaged everywhere - and then the fact that I am potentially looking at a brick, or a high repair cost, within a month of delicate use.

It could be me to have been unlucky, but then the tapes inside the phone and the clearly visible on the out as well as in-side marks of heavy use - the touch screen is scratched at the x-button and the keyboard button areas.

In all, totally disgusted, as I have not been able to enjoy the purchase, and the thing is not at all reliable. If any one may guide me to a better place for repairs, or if any one could tell me where in Delhi is the Reliance service centre for PPCs, so that I can show it there, I would be highly obliged.

ok..there are 3 UTStarcomm service centers in new delhi .. the address and contact details are as below ..

Redington India Ltd S-3, Green park Extension, Near Uphaar Cinema, New Delhi, 110 016, 011-46034444/ 46034400

Mishra Communication 111, Allied House, Old Rohtak Road, Inderlok, New Delhi, 110035 011-64145555 / 32580719

Triangle Syscom Pvt Ltd A-313-315, Ansal Chamber-I, 3 Bhikaji Cama Place, NEW DELHI, 110066 011-26190772

Hope they can help you ....

These kind of problems are always there in used stuff. I too made some losses when I imported few 6600. One of them konked off just because of loose screw inside, which tore off flexible cable. And phone became useless. Out of say 100 phones 2-5 may have some or the other problem. But then you are saving about 50% on original cost.

Such purchases has to be made cautiously. Even if you read about ebay.com they too have same stories every where.

If you take example of used certified cars, then certified cars with warranty are about 20-40% expensive than prevailing market rate. So nothing is free. If we see on e bay, 6700 are available from US $ 110 to $ 250. $ 250 stuff is really good and $ 110 stuff has high claims but not support.

Whatever said and done, AFAIK, atleast the seller should not evade people's call's and sms's. He can always say that there is no guarantee and that the buyer can get it repaired himself and maybe offer to inform about the place and location of nearest repairs.

I am only generalising and not talking about any specific individual here.

I have tried all except Redington...these people do not even know about the PPC!!! A real disgust that Reliance website is so so outdated that it doesn't update the content with real terms - no service centre is even knowing about the PPC, forget repairing .. :confuse:

Shubhanyu...

nobody would like to be in a spot same as you... u seem to have already paid as much as a new phone would have cost from reliance... guess it just happens and mostly out of our control and irreversible...

gaffar was the only place i could think of as far as repairing this phone is concerned (although i have my honest doubts about the genuineness of vendors there) and ppc centres that reliance mentions arent gonna be any good either...

i support kshah's comment coz i imported my 6700 from ebay US myself and having had a serious issue earlier with a similar such import, decided to go for the higher priced option... has paid off so far...

again... tough spot !!!

@Shubhanyu and Niral:

I've now informed Sadik about your posts. Since he is unable to access the internet now, he will check this topic when he is available.

I hope Sadik was informed about my concerns ..

from last few days .. i am calling him almost every day !

but my hard luck..he is never free to talk to me.... even no reply to the misscalls.. now its nearly 2 months .. and I'm still waiting for my incomplete consignment .. :-(

No - if you have paid, you WILL get the set. Sooner or later. Sadik used to be prompt, but something has caused him to be unresponsive ....

@Shubhanyu and Niral:

I hope Sadik was informed about my concerns ..

from last few days .. i am calling him almost every day !

but my hard luck..he is never free to talk to me.... even no reply to the misscalls.. now its nearly 2 months .. and I'm still waiting for my incomplete consignment .. :-(

I dont think i will be able to send u extra batteries.

Please send me ur account number ill transfer the money back.

Really sorry for delay. bought new PC now, will be available online now.

Bhai mera puraana PPC vaapis karoge ?? Lying useless with you, but I need it, on account of repairs for the present one.

Bhai mera puraana PPC vaapis karoge ?? Lying useless with you, but I need it, on account of repairs for the present one.

Yes sure, send me ur address, and yes i stay in andheri W ( Versove), i have shops and office in DHARAVI :)

Bhai ... as a customer, I have the right to get angry na when my stuff doesn't work fine ... but am sorry I guess I was too much. PMed you the address.