Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
tarun_kabra

Spice D-88 Dual Sim

I have bought a new Spice D-88. It works fantastically with RUIM (Reliance) and Hutch. Hutch GPRS also works properly. But I can't use R-world on that. I don't have settings for that. Can any body help me out? What are the network connection settings for R-world?

Both RCL and Hutch networks are on always? I mean if you are on Hutch and you get a call on your RCL number, can you alternate between the two networks? or maybe initiate a Call Conference?

Both RCL and Hutch networks are on always? I mean if you are on Hutch and you get a call on your RCL number, can you alternate between the two networks? or maybe initiate a Call Conference?

I think you are confused. I need help on R-world and not on calls.

^^^

Sorry about that, but I wanted to know from you on the above aspect. I do not own a dual phone as yet and hence I may not be able to help you out. You may elaborate on my query, if possible.

Thanks.

Both RCL and Hutch networks are on always?

I mean if you are on Hutch and you get a call on your RCL number, can you alternate between the two networks?

or maybe initiate a Call Conference?

if the handset is 'synch' then both 'SIM' cards can get calls without switching around (asynch handsets).

abroad you can call fwd from one MDN to another so that its transparent to the calling party which SIM is ON at any moment.

here you can only fwd between ON-NET numbers that are local which kind of defeats the point of having dual SIM/RUIM.

but this is a result of CPP (free incoming) regime.

even that can be worked around if operators are allowed to charge the caller 5-10% extra for interconnect fees during call fwd.

you could also activate vmail with a greeting that gives your alternate # but its more cumbersome.

most dual SIM handsets currently do not have call conf ability the way you need it but that might change in a year or so.

I have bought a new Spice D-88. It works fantastically with RUIM (Reliance) and Hutch. Hutch GPRS also works properly. But I can't use R-world on that. I don't have settings for that. Can any body help me out? What are the network connection settings for R-world?

yes my frnd, we cant use reliance wap services which is almost free for me as i m depo user. so i m not plan to bey it.

:Contento::Riendo::Sorprendido::rofl_200:

Edited by mandu1

There is an ad in today's Times. In the Spice Dual ad, they claim that "Active dual modes for Calls/SMS simultaneously". What does it suggest ? I think its more than the call forward feature because they use the phrase "Active dual modes". I assume that the phone should have two towers showing GSM and CDMA signal strength

There are two models in the ad D-88 (bar type) and D-80 (Flip type).

Can anybody tell the prices of these phones ?

Can anyone get this handset for the best price?

Without bluetooth its not worth 9.5K.

This phone is pretty good. but no bluetooth is really crappy :Confuso:

Although i read on a website that this phone is quite different from samsung duo...that it is much superior in dual technology. that site suggested tht samsung duo cannot use both networks at a time. can anyone help and get the facts straight.

If both networks are always active as shown in their TV ads, then IMHO, this is definitely a better phone than Samsung Duo. Cannot comment on UI and other features (or lack of it), though.

I Got one piece from blr. Price 9600/-. i liked it. only drawback is no Bluetooth and IR.. its works fine with Reliance RUIM and bsnl . both connections are active at same time.

Although the absence of bluetooth is very sloppy...... i have finally bought myself one!!! both networks are working fabalously. RIM and BSNL. no other phone presently is capable of doing that. samsung duo is misleading as only one active connection can work at a time.

can any of the users of d88 guide me on using its usb. my pc though Xp based does not recognise the phone. no software in the box and one frm the site does not work.

and yes the phone does show 2 towers for the networks and 1 can switch off one of the networks if dual mode is not desired for the time being.

i got it at 8650/- with bill and warranty

Edited by exchangie

Can anyone point me to a link explaning the working of dual-sim phones? :)

I Got one piece from blr. Price 9600/-. i liked it. only drawback is no Bluetooth and IR.. its works fine with Reliance RUIM and bsnl . both connections are active at same time.

It is available for much less than that. Just visit the link below.

http://www.futurebazaar.com/b2c_futurebaza...amp;x=0&y=0

Tarun, I am also facing the same Problem. D-88 also can not recognise .exe file. So I can not install any new application. It is also not Java Enabled Handset. It can not open even the Hutch GPRS Homepage. (Client does not Support... -message shown.) Is there any Software update to solve these Problems? :GirandoOjos::NOTriste:

I am also facing same problem the only disadvantage of spice d88 is we cannot use rworld, beside there is no blue tooth & infra, the is another problem facing while making outgoing call i am recieving a unknown call from unknown no. yes each & every time, I am using bpl mobile with reliance, if any body know the settings for gprs/mms please guide me I cannot use gprs for bplmobile also.

:NOTriste:

yes my frnd, we cant use reliance wap services which is almost free for me as i m depo user. so i m not plan to bey it.

:Equivocado::Equivocado::confuse::confuse:

Yes. I have this model. Not compatible with R world. No way to get Rworld

THis handset is not worth price.

I found Chinese GSM handsets with 4 sims, Bluetooth and a LOUD Speaker, Expandable memory, Big Screen (Similar to PDA), Touchscreen just for RS 5000/-

saurav where were you able to find handsets with 4 sims . .and that too for just 5K

amazing

hey guys has anyone used r connect with tht phone...whts the speed n can someone post a review abt it....

for how much did u buy this handset.???

Can anyone get this handset for the best price?

Hi, I m deven. I wanna sell 1 month old Spice d88. Almost Brand new condition. Is there anyone to buy. Call me up at 09314435402