Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anuragemani

Blackberry Launch

Some good news to Reliance lovers and Blackberry admirers. I was at the Web world this morning and the executive there told me that the Blackberry has been officially launched on the 24th of Aug but wud be available for sale at the web world in another 10 to 15 days i.e may be by mid of september then. Hope the news is true since I am being really desparate for the Blackberry right from the time I have heard regarding the blackberry have been bugging the hell out of the *333 customer care ppl regarding this issue:).... ALL THE BEST AND GOD BLESS

Which Model Buddy

???

Hope they dont launch any old Absolute model at Latest Price !!!

Which Model Buddy

???

No idea on the model...jus hoping for the best:)

Which Model Buddy

???

yes buddy i guess they will launch an obsolete model at a very steep price thats the trademark reliance strategy.

Till recently there was no CDMA Blackberry. So looking at all the talk of old models ... have RIM achieved the ultimate miracle - CDMA on a GSM phone?!

On the Web I see 7130e and 7250 as CDMA Blackberry's.

@sgiitk

No Buddy

Blackberry

8330 and 8830 is the Latest one

Also Blackberry Perl CDMA is there in Development in Canada

Guys its Good news....and CONFIRMED TOOO.... the Blackberry is launched and the the model numbers are 8830 and 8703E

any idea about prices?
Here is the pics..........

http://www.discoverblackberry.com/devices/...Id=H0,C201,P463

Phone. Email and text messaging (SMS and MMS). GPS-enabled for location-based services.* BlackBerry Maps, the best way to find your way.* Integrated address book, calendar, memo pad, task list. Web browser. Instant Messaging. Media Player. Audio and video playback in a variety of formats.1 Full QWERTY keyboard. The tethered modem capability lets you use the device as a wireless modem for your laptop or PC. Speakerphone and Voice Activated Dialing. Bluetooth capability for hands-free dialogue via headsets and car kits. Stereo headset capable. Integrated attachment viewing. Compatibility with popular Personal Information Management (PIM) software. High resolution, light sensing screen that adjusts lighting levels automatically for ideal indoor and outdoor viewing. Dedicated Send, End and Mute keys, a pearl-like trackball navigation system, plus a user definable convenience key. 64 MB of memory and expandable memory via microSD card.2

post-8893-1188678753_thumb.jpg

Edited by FEVIN-RAJ

any idea about prices?

I guess price would be between 25K-35K

This information is available if anyone visits Blackberry website! But there is no mention of Reliance is going to use these devices - because, it is going to cost hell a lot for ordinary customers here. Blackberry as a device can not compete with advanced GSM handsets which are atleast 3 years ahead of technology and feature. The premium attached to it does not justify considering its outdated feature lists and technology. Nokia E61i has much more advanced feature lists exactly half the price of existing Blackberry 8820.

Soon Indian operators must subsidize hand-sets by making customers to commit for contracts (1 year or 2 years). Otherwise, Reliance can not sustain the competition by serving only their shareholders.

USA price is

$ 430 for 8830 and = 22000 (Cost + 25% Taxes) (Anything Beyond 25000 will be Costly)

$ 340 for 8703E = 17400 (Cost + 25% Taxes) (Anything Beyond 19000 will be Costly)

Airtel have Launched HTC Touch with Very Attractive Price Tag lets Hope WHat Reliance does

Edited by hetaldp

This information is available if anyone visits Blackberry website! But there is no mention of Reliance is going to use these devices - because, it is going to cost hell a lot for ordinary customers here. Blackberry as a device can not compete with advanced GSM handsets which are atleast 3 years ahead of technology and feature. The premium attached to it does not justify considering its outdated feature lists and technology. Nokia E61i has much more advanced feature lists exactly half the price of existing Blackberry 8820.

Soon Indian operators must subsidize hand-sets by making customers to commit for contracts (1 year or 2 years). Otherwise, Reliance can not sustain the competition by serving only their shareholders.

Brother Ramchi..please check with persistance with the customer care ppl in reliance thro *333. its them who gave me the news of the launch of these handsets.

Agreed CDMA handset is big bottleneck for operators. That is the reason why operators world wide are switching to GSM for example vivo of brazil, china unicom etc. Once WCDMA networks are installed i am sure CDMA will be economically unviable for operators. How long they can keep on subsidizing handsets?

any idea about prices?

8830 is priced at 33990.00

8703 e cdma is priced at 23990.00

It has not been officially launched, likely to be launched on the 8th of September.

too expensive....

are these ruim based? if so, can they be imported like the ppc6700 and then made to work on reliance - since they are much cheaper abroad.

is any other Pda about 10000-15000 expected on reliance.

Tooooooo Costly they are Launhing the Device only for the Formality or so.

I am Happy on Airtel With

HTC Touch @ 18500

WM ver 6.0,

Bluetooth 2.0, Better A2DP Sound, Better Reception and Volume Louder than 6700

Better Battery,

Enhanced GPRS EDGE,

112 Grms,

Black Sexy Look, Free Headset

1GB microSD storage card included / 64MB RAM, 128MB ROM

Free Mobile Cover

Wifi 802.11 a/b

2 Mega Pix Camera

(can be Unlocked for other GSM Provider free of COst but will break Warrenty, see XDA-Developers.com)

Forget Reliance and go to Airtel and Get this Device

Edited by hetaldp

Disheartening as usual from reliance...

(aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh i lost my 6700 stylus again :Decepcionado: )

Here in Nashik they Confirmed that Stock is Arrived at Godown (I dont know where is there Godown), and also said me that Price is not revealed by their Heads

Buy 8830 anything below 23000

Buy 8703 anything below 17000

anything Beyonf that Price Point is Costly

As the stock is in Web World They will Squeeze the Poor CDMA Consumer who are Hungry about PDA Phones

Edited by hetaldp

Here in Nashik they Confirmed that Stock is Arrived at Godown (I dont know where is there Godown), and also said me that Price is not revealed by their Heads

As the stock is in Web World They will Squeeze the Poor CDMA Consumer who are Hungry about PDA Phones

I dont understand how Reliance can sell 8830 which is yet to be released even in US at Rs 23,000 while GSM version of the same phone (8820) is sold at Rs 33,000? May be you are confusing with Blackberry versions!

Kindly, do not mislead people with incorrect info in the name of heresay.

We can bet on the price, which will NOT be anything less than Rs 34K for sure. Even for Rs 23K, this phone offers very little except Qwerty keyboard and flashy design! It does not even come with camera!

I saw handset pics they seem to be bulky.

I dont understand how Reliance can sell 8830 which is yet to be released even in US at Rs 23,000 while GSM version of the same phone (8820) is sold at Rs 33,000? May be you are confusing with Blackberry versions!

Kindly, do not mislead people with incorrect info in the name of heresay.

We can bet on the price, which will NOT be anything less than Rs 34K for sure. Even for Rs 23K, this phone offers very little except Qwerty keyboard and flashy design! It does not even come with camera!

See the following link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-In-Box-Sprin...1QQcmdZViewItem

Damn Cheap na @ $ 419 / and we may get it in $ 800

Forget about

8830 is available in Verizon 3 month b 4 @ $ 549, or $ 249 2 Year Contract

8830 is available in Sprint, Alltel, Telus 1 month b 4 @ same Price

Dont Compare 8800 Unlocked GSM Version with Network Locked CDMA Device

But Ramchi and Mr Daga is Right I am expecting too much from Reliance This Device may not come Cheap.

Let Wait and see what Happens

Edited by hetaldp