Blackberry Launch

See the following link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-In-Box-Sprin...1QQcmdZViewItem

Damn Cheap na @ $ 419 / and we may get it in $ 800

Forget about

8830 is available in Verizon 3 month b 4 @ $ 549, or $ 249 2 Year Contract

8830 is available in Sprint, Alltel, Telus 1 month b 4 @ same Price

Dont Compare 8800 Unlocked GSM Version with Network Locked CDMA Device

But Ramchi and Mr Daga is Right I am expecting too much from Reliance This Device may not come Cheap.

Let Wait and see what Happens

I have not seen Reliance subsidizing PDA handsets so far. Even 6265 was sold @ Rs 12,800 [3 years back] which was not a great phone by any means. Even in Amrika Blackberry handsets are slightly expensive than Nokias. But Amrikans prefer Blackberry and iPhone even if they are not the best phone! For them mobile phones must weigh and size like them. Unfortunately, SE is not best in making bricks, naturally out of the US Market. Though, Nokia does make some brick like equipments (E90) US market is outdated in terms of technology when compared with more popular markets (Asia, ME, Europe) where Nokia is really concentrating.

Coming back to the question of Reliance offering Blackberry for cheap, is OUT OF THE QUESTION!

Ambanis are good in milking Indians forever!!!

any idea about prices?

8830 is priced at 33990.00

8703 e cdma is priced at 23990.00

It has not been officially launched, likely to be launched on the 8th of September.

What is the purpose. doesn't even have WLAN.. :confuse:

I am just waiting for Google to kill the Cell Phone Market.. :Sorprendido:

any idea about prices?

8830 is priced at 33990.00

8703 e cdma is priced at 23990.00

It has not been officially launched, likely to be launched on the 8th of September.

What is the purpose. doesn't even have WLAN.. :NOTriste:

I am just waiting for Google to kill the Cell Phone Market.. :confuse:

Its so crazy....the reliance customer care ppl inform that the blackberry is launched but the handset is not available in the web worlds, and few cc ppl dont even knw what blackberry is ...hahaha:)) they say that they dont have blackberry handset but have only black and white handset:)) :) )......and it took a cpl of calls for me to get the confirmed news of the launch frm cc and whn i found out from the web world they say they have no news abt it. so i had to call back the cc and give a complaint and after 2 days today they said that the handset is launched but wud take a week for it to be available in the webworlds. and the price they hv confirmed is 33k for 8830.

Way too costly.. With these they should hav good data plans like unlimited download n stuff.. but i wonder if anybody is listening ;(

These are basically emailing and surfing-on-the-go devices.

Paying heavily for them is waste, 8830 is world phone will be usefull for some businessmen( for international roaming ) who did mistake by taking reliance 4 years back.

Pity, they are still paying the price.

Now considering costly handsets and poor services i already moved to to GSM.

no doubt we are saving on talktime, but i cant deny i already paid all saved amount on buying different handsets to meet my expectation.

but atlast i am happy with my nokia E90 and secondary 6275.

Paying heavily for them is waste, 8830 is world phone will be usefull for some businessmen( for international roaming ) who did mistake by taking reliance 4 years back.

no doubt we are saving on talktime, but i cant deny i already paid all saved amount on buying different handsets to meet my expectation.

Agreed that what we save on talk time is comepnsated with new and new handsets to meet expectations. GSM is really very attractivedue to handsets and 90% of requirement is for voice hence GSM still remains better proposition than CDMA. International roaming is really pain in CDMA as one has to transfer all data to GSM handset. Which is really not possible.

I dont agree that Reliance has poor services, perhaps it has really good services, better tariffs, good quality wide network, very good voice and data quality. But very poor handsets.

Blackberry is waste if reliance do not provide data roaming and CDMA will not be able to provide data roaming till it becomes like GSM where all settings are in users control.

Already Shifted to Airtel with HTC Touch @ 18500 its a Bargain Buddy, Touch is not 3G but at time 3G will come i would changed 2 device Haha

Now for Office CUG Reliance PLan i am using spice D88, for mails, Surfing, PIM, I am Relying on Airtel

Abye when the hell is the blackberry goin to available in the web world :cheer: ... in chennai. Am a blackberry freak and am desparately waiting for it

Agreed that what we save on talk time is comepnsated with new and new handsets to meet expectations. GSM is really very attractivedue to handsets and 90% of requirement is for voice hence GSM still remains better proposition than CDMA. International roaming is really pain in CDMA as one has to transfer all data to GSM handset. Which is really not possible.

I dont agree that Reliance has poor services, perhaps it has really good services, better tariffs, good quality wide network, very good voice and data quality. But very poor handsets.

Blackberry is waste if reliance do not provide data roaming and CDMA will not be able to provide data roaming till it becomes like GSM where all settings are in users control.

Kshah ji i agree that reliance use to be best service provider.

But from last 6 months i see major network issues and and its getting worst.

might be its just happening with me in my area. ( looking their growth they should update/increase BS also) but instead they are busy launching cheap handsets.

Its the same here in Poona. The network is just not what it used to be. At least that was the case till 3-4 months ago, when I was still using my RIM. Worst of all are the SMS problems and callers dont even get to hear a msg informing about the status of the phone, when a connection cant be made (for whatever reason).

Can someone confirm whether the new Blackberry supports dual GSM/CDMA SIM?

No, BB 8300 only supports GSM network and that in case of world roaming only.

Its like now u don't have to change sim if u roaming in Europe, previously we roamer have forced to carry one extra GSM handset which can be used in case of non-availability of

CDMA network.

For example u roaming in USA, there u get both networks cdma and gsm.

So if u are in are where CDMA coverage is not there or low, u can switch to GSM networks available.

Like from VERIZON (CDMA) to AT&T (GSM) or vice versa.

Really wondering how long more we need to wait for the BB handsets to come to the web worlds:((

In my opinion, Blackberry was never scheduled for launch in Reliance! Some people in this forum creating some unnecessary hype. All along Reliance has not done anything revolutionary in the past 4 years or so. Their handset portfolio, plans, services (voice or data) remained more or less same (you may call it stable); otherwise, there was no big launches, no big innovative products etc...

It may have started initial product offerings around 2002 or so but nothing great afterwards.

Blackberry will ONLY remain in the wish list but will take lots of time before it reaches the hands of mobile consumers.

RAMCHI Blackberry has been launched with Reliance

No, BB 8300 only supports GSM network and that in case of world roaming only.

Its like now u don't have to change sim if u roaming in Europe, previously we roamer have forced to carry one extra GSM handset which can be used in case of non-availability of

CDMA network.

For example u roaming in USA, there u get both networks cdma and gsm.

So if u are in are where CDMA coverage is not there or low, u can switch to GSM networks available.

Like from VERIZON (CDMA) to AT&T (GSM) or vice versa.

USA CDMA Operators are Smart as USA have 850 / 1900 Mhz GSM Operatos and

Blackberry can only hook with 900/1800 mode only so in USA it only catches CDMA and outside USA it catches GSM and CDMA Both

Does Blackberry CDMA has got dual SIM (CDMA & GSM) slots?

As of date, the reliance website is silent on Blackberry but I know the members here are well informed through other sources. Hope that someone posts information as soon as the blackberry is launched. Thanks in advance!!!

All balckberries are available with only GSM sim slots only no RUIM slots.

In my opinion, Blackberry was never scheduled for launch in Reliance! Some people in this forum creating some unnecessary hype. All along Reliance has not done anything revolutionary in the past 4 years or so. Their handset portfolio, plans, services (voice or data) remained more or less same (you may call it stable); otherwise, there was no big launches, no big innovative products etc...

It may have started initial product offerings around 2002 or so but nothing great afterwards.

Blackberry will ONLY remain in the wish list but will take lots of time before it reaches the hands of mobile consumers.

I am Dissapointed by your Statement, We are not at all Creating any Hype or Speculation on Launch. The Phone is being Confirmed Launched and I believe EVDO also will follow soon. Its matter of time when Reliance Push All Investories accross all Web World so the Mistake of PPC6700 will not repeat. in PPC6700 the invetories was not available after 3 month of launch.

Hi everybody, just to remove all speculations. My friend works for the BlackBerry dept in Reliance and TODAY is the lauch date for blackberry from Reliance mobile !

Here is the link to the website - www.blackberryreliancemobile.com

The handsets launched are the 8703e and the 8100 PEARL for 23k and 24k respectively. And before people start cribbing - the handsets are priced on par with Aritel and Hutch. Reliance arent playing a pricing game with Airtel and Hutch.

Unlimited plans are available - 899 for Corporate customers and 1099 for Individual customers.

For any further questions, please post here and I will answer them if I can.

Here is the link to the website - www.blackberryreliancemobile.com

The above link is getting redirected to Reliance Comm. homepage (i.e. http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communications/home.jsp)

But atleast it proves that soon there will be a website for blackberry by Reliance.

I am not sure why there is a separate website instead of launching this service from their own website?

As per my guess, the cost of the handset 8830 is Rs 34K. Though it says it is GSM/CDMA compatible, on GSM it works only on 900/1800 frequencies. I am sure Indian GSM operators use 1900 frequency as well. This phone may not work on all networks (those which are operating on 1900 frequencies).

I am not sure if it allows you to change your CDMA operator from Reliance to Tata Indicom (TUIM Card or something). If that is not the case, spending 34K for this instrument which is already lacking many useful features may not be such a great idea. You pay Rs 34K only to get locked to Reliance for ever!

I had almost done this mistake earlier by procuring Rs 12.5 K worth handset [Nokia 6255] before selling the newly replaced handset [due to durability issues] for 10K and get out of Reliance.

I forewarn those who may be planning to spend Rs 34K and have no option to quit!