Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
coolrajiv

Reliance launches Blackberry

I believe its depends on ones requirement.

I have web hosting business and for me checking server staus and email is of absolute necessity. No water supply for few days is ok for me but I need to check my email every few minutes. For me PPC 6700 (Which I currently have) and devices like blackberry are very much helpful.

Thanks

That's it.

THIS is the customer segment that reliance seems to be targeting....it's not for everybody like us who wants music player, memory, good cam, wi-fi, edge or even 3G etc etc all in one...

Hence, before thinking of buying BB, just ask yourself the question: For what purpose do I need a handset and then decide.

I believe its depends on ones requirement.

I have web hosting business and for me checking server staus and email is of absolute necessity. No water supply for few days is ok for me but I need to check my email every few minutes. For me PPC 6700 (Which I currently have) and devices like blackberry are very much helpful.

Thanks

That's it.

THIS is the customer segment that reliance seems to be targeting....it's not for everybody like us who wants music player, memory, good cam, wi-fi, edge or even 3G etc etc all in one...

Hence, before thinking of buying BB, just ask yourself the question: For what purpose do I need a handset and then decide.

ya absolutely for us blackberry is wastage of money & for some like Tarak its a necessity .. so diff people diff needs

I have seen iPhone selling @Rs 60,000 in Rediff Shopping mall!!!! Not worth that much.

Better go for Vertu!!!!!

iPhone in India for 35000

and if somebuddy can arrange from USA it may cost only 25000

and its worth that price Belieave me.

Apple iPhone:

Screen: 320 x 480 pixels, 3.5 inches

Ringtones: Mp3, Polyphonic

Connectivity: WiFi 802.11b/g

Camera: 2MP 1600x1200px

Memory: 4,8 GB Shared

135gm

Rs.30,000/-

Nokia N95:

Screen: 240 x 320 pixels

Ringtones: Mp3, Polyphonic, True tones

Connectivity: WiFi 802.11b/g, UPnP, Infrared

Camera: 5MP Carl Zeiss 2592 x 1944px Carl Zeiss

Memory: 160MB Internal, microSD Hot swap

- Built-in GPS navigation

- Installed Maps application covering over 100 countries

- Dual slide design

- Java MIDP 2.0

- MP3/AAC/AAC+/eAAC+/WMA player

- 3.5 mm audio output jack

- TV out

- Stereo FM Radio

- Organiser

- Office document viewer

- T9

- Push to talk

- Voice dial/memo

- Built-in handsfree

120gms

Rs. 27,000/- approx

The Iphone has only looks and not much else. You can check out this page http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone (BEWARE THERE ARE PROFANITIES ON THIS PAGE !)

where to get reliance blackberry 8830 in market , Its Still Awaiting To Be Lauched In Market , CC Peoples & Webworld Dont have Any Idea Of The Product , So Please If Any Idea Then Let Me Know The launch date In Market

Not Getting Reliance Blackberry 8830 In Market , NO One Aware Of Handset Model To Be Launched In Market , Reliance has lauched just A Cheap Handset 8703 & They Are Now Silent To Finish The Stocks Of This Handsets , Customare Care Peoples Depend sOn Media To Get The Lauch date Of Blackberry 8830 & So Are We & Reliance Webworld s

Give Any Info Regarding market launch For The same

Not Getting Reliance Blackberry 8830 In Market , NO One Aware Of Handset Model To Be Launched In Market , Reliance has lauched just A Cheap Handset 8703 & They Are Now Silent To Finish The Stocks Of This Handsets , Customare Care Peoples Depend sOn Media To Get The Lauch date Of Blackberry 8830 & So Are We & Reliance Webworld s

Give Any Info Regarding market launch For The Same

BB 8830 is totally useless after seeing its predecessor model 8800 it is apparent that BB handsets begining to loose charm.

I would prefer to go for iPhone or other fancy phones in the market (which are 30%-40# cheaper than BB 8830/8800).

All Blackberry connect, mobile office plans are very expensive for normal users (which costs beyond Rs 1000 plus rental for voice plans).

MHO - Not worth it.

Airtel and I think Hutch too give promotional schemes whereby the blackberry rates are far lower. For example, they have annual schemes, combo schemes, etc. whereby the per month rate come down almost by 40%. The website of reliance blackberry mentions that there are also some "combo schemes" but I cannot find out details inspite of calling the help line, checking with webworld, etc. All claim ignorance of website.

As far as blackberry connect is concerned, I myself use Blackberry connect only. This helps you to use alternative mobiles like Nokia and Sony. Internationally, even the Treo 650 and Dopod have been blackberry enabled and one hopes that they will soon come to India also. In India, Airtel provides Dopod model but that one is a little dated and clumsy one.

The problem with reliance is that we are tied to CDMA models which do not see innovations.

BB 8830 is totally useless after seeing its predecessor model 8800 it is apparent that BB handsets begining to loose charm.

I would prefer to go for iPhone or other fancy phones in the market (which are 30%-40# cheaper than BB 8830/8800).

All Blackberry connect, mobile office plans are very expensive for normal users (which costs beyond Rs 1000 plus rental for voice plans).

MHO - Not worth it.

I have Cracked Latest firmware of iPhone which i got from Apple online store on 3rd October @ $ 399 + $ 25 Taxes and $ 50 of Shipping to my Address

Downgraded to 1.02 firmware then Erased the baseband and then again flashed with 1.02 and now its fully unlocked.

Thus is very cheap in my Hand just wait for somedays you can find a good deal on iPhone

and really iPhone is 1000 time Better then Blackbery. mark my words

MHO - Not worth it.

I have Cracked Latest firmware of iPhone which i got from Apple online store on 3rd October @ $ 399 + $ 25 Taxes and $ 50 of Shipping to my Address

Downgraded to 1.02 firmware then Erased the baseband and then again flashed with 1.02 and now its fully unlocked.

Thus is very cheap in my Hand just wait for somedays you can find a good deal on iPhone

and really iPhone is 1000 time Better then Blackbery. mark my words

:P:clap:

Also I feel treo 700P / 755P are good options at much better price.

Well said, kshah. I am a ardent fan of Palm models and have also interacted in this forum for their availability. The bottom line though is whether these models are available in India and activated for Reliance. For a layman like me, importing it, activating it for reliance, etc. is a hassle though some members here have been kind enough to guide for purchase and even for activation. Any ideas of how to get ready and activated models here? Thanks!

I can arrange blackberry for a very good price.. let me know if some 1 is interested...

Well said, kshah. I am a ardent fan of Palm models and have also interacted in this forum for their availability. The bottom line though is whether these models are available in India and activated for Reliance. For a layman like me, importing it, activating it for reliance, etc. is a hassle though some members here have been kind enough to guide for purchase and even for activation. Any ideas of how to get ready and activated models here? Thanks!

Tata can activate not reliance. You have to do some tweaking for that. Me and hetaldp are using 700p since last few weeks. Atleast I am happy.

Edited by kshah

Hi

Hetal is right. I have been RIM customer form 2002 onwards. Opted for for RIM becuase it had 1 Rs outgoing call scheme for Local/STD calls at that point of time. GSM Opertors didnt offer that at that point of time. Currently GSM Operators offer the same price or even lower pricing.

In this 5 years i was with RIM faced the following problems:

1. No Handset support. They just forward all the handset related queries to the manufacturer.

2. You cant replace/sell CDMA handsets.

3. RIM doesnt want any third party application to reside on your handset. Nothign doing on that. Even Microsoft doesnt have that kind of closed garden approach. Imagine you cant use bluetooth on blackberry for uploading/receiving contacts!!!!!

4. Iphone is 23500/- without bill at Alpha Irla and unlocked.

5. Nokia has stopped manufacturing CDMA based phones. Thats why now a days you dont see Nokia Handsets at Reliance web worlds.

6. Worldwide CDMA Operators are shifting to GSM. I guess the CDMA Operators figured out doesnt make sense in paying royalties to Qualcomm per handset.

7. RIM and Tata have both applied for GSM licnesene all over India with DOT.

8. Iphone "ROCKS" ....though bluetooth on iphone can only be used for Headset.

Random

Random,

Me too agree with you on RIM as a service provider.

There is nothing phenominal about their services either affordability or high performance. They entered the mobile market with a big bang, no doubt. But after that they have become another Hutch, Airtel, BPL, Vodafone et al....thats it.

I dont see any BIG difference between any of these service providers apart from GSM Vs CDMA standards.

Right now, people are thinking NOT twice but many times before even consider Reliance as their service provider.

Only problem with CDMA is handsets and secretive approach to handset configuration and no availability of SIM cards as standard. Else reliance is really a good wide network, superior data speed across entire network. In GSM it is always location specific, superior voice quality, fever call drops. Also its cheaper than GSM.

Reliance is well accepted by consumers and thats the reason why they are number 2 in sucha short span. All operators are moving towards GSM because of intelactual property issues with qualcomm and evolution of GSM. Still CDMA remains superior technology than GSM even if GSM becomes WCDMA, CDMA will remain superior.

But I will be first person to switch to reliances GSM because of handset and my faith that reliance will come with better technology and services than others.

Only problem with CDMA is handsets and secretive approach to handset configuration and no availability of SIM cards as standard. Else reliance is really a good wide network, superior data speed across entire network. In GSM it is always location specific, superior voice quality, fever call drops. Also its cheaper than GSM.

Reliance is well accepted by consumers and thats the reason why they are number 2 in sucha short span. All operators are moving towards GSM because of intelactual property issues with qualcomm and evolution of GSM. Still CDMA remains superior technology than GSM even if GSM becomes WCDMA, CDMA will remain superior.

But I will be first person to switch to reliances GSM because of handset and my faith that reliance will come with better technology and services than others.

Same here Boss I am an ardent fan of Relinace, to be more frank actually i have faced a lot of problems wid relinace but wid all the hitches i feel its gud. And as u say me to wud be one of the 1st few t o shif to relinace's GSM when it is out:)

Hi

I have both Airtel and RIM connections. Airtel is Prepaid while RIM is postpaid.

Only problem with CDMA is handsets and secretive approach to handset configuration and no availability of SIM cards as standard.

Yes agree with you on that.

Else reliance is really a good wide network, superior data speed across entire network.

Dont agree wholely with that. RIM has a wide network..but so does Airtel. data speed is better then GSM networks currently but once GSM operators upgrade to 2.5G they would start offering similar data speeds. also RIM charges quite a lot for their data connectivity. Base plan is 50p per minute. Opposed to that on GSM network like Airtel Prepaid You can be online for 15 Rs per day unlimited data transfer.

In GSM it is always location specific, superior voice quality, fever call drops.

Agree with you. voice quality is superior due to CDMA technology. But the cdma handsets heat up a lot also while talking. fewer call drops on cdma cuase it is supposed to be using the specturm effieiciently.

Also its cheaper than GSM.

Dont agree with you at all here. In fact i find GSM to be cheaper now a days.

Reliance is well accepted by consumers and thats the reason why they are number 2 in sucha short span.

The only reason why RIM got accepted becuase they started off the price war. I agree that it was a brialliant move by Mukeshbhai. It doesnt mean consumers have accepted RIM becuase of the quality of service or something on that lines. It was only due to price.

All operators are moving towards GSM because of intelactual property issues with qualcomm and evolution of GSM.

Yes agree with you.

Still CDMA remains superior technology than GSM even if GSM becomes WCDMA, CDMA will remain superior.

Would remain superior but cdma cant match GSM on lets say International Roaming, Mobile Applications, etc

I hope reliance doesnt think of bundling the handsets on GSM also. Else it would be the same scenario. They might just block bluetooth on GSM networks. RIM comming with better technology and services? Didnt get this thing. They opted for CDMA technology cuase reliance wanted a backdoor entry into the mobile telephoney market in India. They didnt opt for CDMA for its superior technology.

Random

They opted for CDMA technology cuase reliance wanted a backdoor entry into the mobile telephoney market in India. They didnt opt for CDMA for its superior technology.

Dear Mr Randon,

I dont agree with you on this. Reliance opted for CDMA tech because they were aware about the quality which they can offer using this technology. Also the cost of erecting and covering an area is preety less in CDMA as compared to GSM. The kit and swithes are of very small sizes and compartively the power required to drive them is also preety less. Hence it has nothing to do with back-door entry.

Hi Saket

Reliance opted for CDMA tech because they were aware about the quality which they can offer using this technology.

"Quality" would be a alien word at Reliance. If you ask me "Quality" was never an issue with Reliance. It was the price.

Also the cost of erecting and covering an area is preety less in CDMA as compared to GSM. The kit and swithes are of very small sizes and compartively the power required to drive them is also preety less. Hence it has nothing to do with back-door entry.

Agreed that might be the case. But then why apply for a GSM license if CDMA is cheaper?

Its a known fact that Reliance and Tata opted for CDMA cuause they didnt get through the GSM front door. Reliance didnt get Licenses in the lucrative GSM circles cuase they bid low and Tata Opted for CDMA cuase Tata/Birla/AT&T combine aka Idea Cellular wasnt going anywhere at that point of time.

Ricky

Hi Saket

Reliance opted for CDMA tech because they were aware about the quality which they can offer using this technology.

"Quality" would be a alien word at Reliance. If you ask me "Quality" was never an issue with Reliance. It was the price.

Also the cost of erecting and covering an area is preety less in CDMA as compared to GSM. The kit and swithes are of very small sizes and compartively the power required to drive them is also preety less. Hence it has nothing to do with back-door entry.

Agreed that might be the case. But then why apply for a GSM license if CDMA is cheaper?

Its a known fact that Reliance and Tata opted for CDMA cuause they didnt get through the GSM front door. Reliance didnt get Licenses in the lucrative GSM circles cuase they bid low and Tata Opted for CDMA cuase Tata/Birla/AT&T combine aka Idea Cellular wasnt going anywhere at that point of time.

Ricky

Hi Ricky,

Well I agree on this that Reliance didnt opt for GSM as they dont want to invest a huge amount in getting individual licenses of each state. Instead they opted for WLL and started providing back door roaming as well. Later this turns out to be an Unified license (which is a role model).

But it was very much supported by Government and technology. In fact in many parts of the world we have many successful CDMA service provider.

They opted for GSM as well because the technology is not driven by them. Being a successful business power house they cannot just opt for one technology and can ignore other technology.

If any one is running a business then without a strict "QUALITY" check, it can never become successful. Especially in telecom field, the amount of money which any service provider spends to maintain the quality and brand value is enormous. Obviously Reliance is also one of them. They are spending billions of money in customer service and marketing. Still they are able to breach many barriers (profit, reliability, brand value, share holders value, etc.). They breached many benchmark which other service provider can only dreamt of.

Hence my advice is to take Reliance as any other service provider who is doing far better then its counterpart and making a mark on the world.

with RIM faced the following problems:

1. No Handset support. They just forward all the handset related queries to the manufacturer.

4. Iphone is 23500/- without bill at Alpha Irla and unlocked.

5. Nokia has stopped manufacturing CDMA based phones. Thats why now a days you dont see Nokia Handsets at Reliance web worlds.

7. RIM and Tata have both applied for GSM licnesene all over India with DOT.

8. Iphone "ROCKS" ....though bluetooth on iphone can only be used for Headset.

Random

buddy these are not problems..

I phone has been available at alpha... for long time now..

no operator supports queries on handsets.. with or out of warranty handsets are serviced by manufacturer only..

As to CDMa operatory having applied for licence in gsm.. brings more competition to the table. both have invested heavily in their infrastructure and wont abandon it..in near or far future..

yes. I phone Rocks. I agree. but then is that a pro..