Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saurav

Sound Card & Speakers

I am intersted in purchasing Speakers 5.1 & Sound Card for PC.

Normally i use MP3 CDs for Music. Will 5.1 Speakers make any difference over 2.1?

Which sound Card of Creative is better ?

Which speakers Logitech or Creative are better?

Pls guide budget is abt Rs 3000/-

5.1 will be good to have if your main purpose is watching DVDs, but since you mainly use it for listening to MP3, I would recommended you to go for the Altec Lansing ATP3 2.1 Enhanced Slim Speaker System which comes at around Rs.3000

I am intersted in purchasing Speakers 5.1 & Sound Card for PC.

Normally i use MP3 CDs for Music. Will 5.1 Speakers make any difference over 2.1?

Which sound Card of Creative is better ?

Which speakers Logitech or Creative are better?

Pls guide budget is abt Rs 3000/-

well i must tell u that actually it is gimmick spread by sound card manufacturers about the quality of sound produced. They will show u some graphs & figures obtained through some lab tests but in actual human ears are not capable of differentiating between such sound qualities. Almost all sound cards produce same quality sound, be it creative, logitech or even intex. They use somewhat same chipset unless it is a prfossional audio production sound card.

Moreover a mp3 ripped at 128 kbps is almost 10 times less in quality than cd sound.

Actually the quality of sound depends more on the quality of speakers. Speakers made for pc do not produce as good sound as speakers meant for home theatre system made by some professional companies like dennon, genelec, behringer & above all bose.

Do not spend money on sound card, they are all same buy any card in the range of 250-500 max. You'll get a good set of pc speakers for 1000-2000, there are many manufacturers other than creative & logitech. Dont go by brand name just check their sound quality & clarity with your ears buy the one u find sounding better.

To check the speaker's quality play 2-3 tracks which have heavy bass & sharp treable sound in it. Play those tracks at different volume levels of the speakers. if speakers does'nt gives throbing/cracking/bursting sound on heavy bass & treble/sharp part of the songs. That denotes its a good quality speaker.

Ill suggest u go for creative inspire2.1 for 1250/-

and donate some bucks to any torrent forum, and download music ripped on 320 KBPS. :(

Ill suggest u go for creative inspire2.1 for 1250/-

and donate some bucks to any torrent forum, and download music ripped on 320 KBPS. :)

Could'nt agree more. Creative inspires are good.

First get these speakers and enjoy good quality 320 kbps mp3's.

Once you have used them for a few days or so, get a creative Audigy soundcard (should cost appx 1100 as quoted to me by one shopkeeper). Now you will notice the difference and improvement in sound quality and the same system would start sounding even better.

Actually the quality of sound depends more on the quality of speakers. Speakers made for pc do not produce as good sound as speakers meant for home theatre system made by some professional companies like dennon, genelec, behringer & above all bose.

Pl excuse me, but bose is not above all. Bose sat-sub systems have lower frequencies coming from the woofer while the upper-end is produced from the small satellites and the mid-range is almost missing. The excess of lows and highs helps in masking the deficiency in the midrange...that is bose.

For those who are on tighter budget, and don't want the .1 ie woofer, Creative SBS 245 are good speakers, for Rs.450. I might go for them very soon.

Extend Your Budget and go for Creative 5.1

All money Spend on Creative is Worth

I have Creative 7.1 But if U listen Music or Watch DVD You will just Forget everything.

Spending Money on Good Speaker is always Worth. Creatives Speaker life after so many Blasting Audio session is also Fantastic.

Extend Your Budget and go for Creative 5.1

All money Spend on Creative is Worth

I have Creative 7.1 But if U listen Music or Watch DVD You will just Forget everything.

Spending Money on Good Speaker is always Worth. Creatives Speaker life after so many Blasting Audio session is also Fantastic.

I love creative.

100% Value for money.

True, I also have creative 2.1 and they are really good. Have never listened Altec Lansing but I feel they should also be equally good..but they are costlier.

For music, 2.1 is sufficient, 5.1 or 7.1 is useful only if you have Dolby Digital or DTS encoded content i.e. DVD's. If the original sound is recorded in 2 channels, there's no point in playing it thru' 5 channels...anyway they'll be collectively playing only 2 channels.

The thing to look for in .1 systems is the RMS power of the sub-woofer....should be 20-30 watts atleast for good thump...lower powered systems would have more boom than thump.

LOOK for WOODEN or Particle Board made subwoofer. That will help in hearing lower frequencies(THUMP) with better quality.

After my Mercury 2.1 conked out (bad quality overall ...but good sound) ...and after reading a lot of reviews I went and bought the Altec Lansing 121i (the only Altec model available which was cheaper than the ATP3 ...I didnt want to spend that much more). I was not satisfied with the sound at all ...and the dealer was ready to replace them with the ATP3, the next day. So thats what Im using currently. They are quite good. I would suggest not to go in for any Altec Lansing product less than ATP3. Or if you do, dont do it unless you have heard its sound output.

@Saurav

My dear friend in my point of view Creative can be the best option. Go for any model of Creative in your budget.

Regards.

I had got "Polk Audio" 2.1 system thru' a friend from the US...about 4-5 years ago. It was too good...sounded better than creative...bass was much deeper. But these are not available in India and I doubt whether they are still selling them in the US. And now I too have become a creative fan.