Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
suvirajshetty

Will Reliance Shift From Cdma To Gsm?

No they will never. coz CDMA is superior technology, it can offer better prices thru CDMA.

everyday people are facing problem..ringt from call drop to congestion...at present gsm guys are the happiest lot..i dont thing reliance is too serious about cdma network..more over they dont take customer complain seriously...thats really bad on their part

as far as the customer care goes suviraj... changing the technology within the same company want make a difference to their work ethic or customer service...

but i would support the idea that the gsm lot being happier with the service is a myth... they're as bad... but for the fact that they can switch operators keeping the same handset or change handsets easily keeping the same sim...

^^^

My dear friends, I too think that Reliance will not completely shift to GSM at all. CDMA technology rocks. Voice clarity is much more good then GSM. Only problem is the quality handsets.

Regards.

^^^

I dont think so. The difference is perhaps very slight. If the network is really good, voice clarity on both GSM or CDMA is nearly identical... in fact it can get worse on CDMA if there is congestion. That is my personal experience too.

Besides CDMA suffers from Qualcomms/telcos shenanigans about getting stuck with their handsets, etc. I feel the benifits of CDMA far outweigh the disadvantages. Unless and until CDMA offers the same kind of flexibility of GSM (or at least cheaper tariffs), I woudn't consider it as an option anymore.

Edited by raccoon

customer service of reliance is poor but not poorer than any other GSM guys. my wife has worked with idea and I have used hutch, idea , bsnk and airtel too. For me reliance has always responded my complaints better than GSM guys.

CDMA is far better in voice. Reliance has excellent coverage despite being youngest TELCO. Reliance is still atleast 25-40% cheaper than best GSM offers I had and have.

Only issue is handset. Ofcourse, because of locked handsets and non flexibility, I too am waiting for reliances GSM services to be deployed to switch over to GSM. But if CDMA is even 75% as flexible as GSM, I will prefer CDMA.

Edited by kshah

CDMA rocks if you wanna use data services over mobiles.....

otherwise for laymen it doesnt make a diffrence.... he just wants cheap call rates, cheap handsets.

When Rcom entered telecom... they came with a vision of dhirubhai of mobiles for every1.. Thats why they started targetting the bottom of pyramid... MASSES - who wanted cheap phones- cheap call rates.... Guys who use YES & NO button of the phones.. nothing more.

Now they have started concentrating on upper segments as well... it wont take time for them to realize that this is where the money comes in from.... & let them come out with EVDO.... i guess many corporates clients are gonna shift to Rcom for faster internet over EVDO...

But rt now... its all IFs & BUTs.....

so wait n watch guys..

Hutch/Vodafone in mumbai has more problems that reliance. voice clarity is better on reliance and ofcourse data capabilities.

Don't think reliance will move CDMA business to GSM.

Infact more companies are coming into CDMA.

videocon, bsnl etc.

Edited by prakashkadam

No chance Reliance and Tata are going to exit CDMA. They would most probably be retaining their CDMA operations with a shift towards the data transfer plans rather than voice calls because CDMA is more responsive to date plans.

And also, with smaller players like Shyam Telecom getting pan India CDMA license, Reliance and Tata are sitting on cash cows. They can share passive infrastructure with these smaller players for using their networks for a cost and this would make their balance sheets stronger and growth more sustainable. Smaller players like Shyam may not be able to raise capital for setting their own infrastructure. And even if smaller players find means of funding through foreign ventures like how Unitech and Swan did, then they would take another ten years minimum to break even. I dont think any player would be willing to wait such a long period of time considering the fact that voice tariffs in India are the cheapest in the world and are fast heading southwards with deeper penetration into the rural areas of the country.

Also, CDMA has more abilities like handling more subscribers per Mhz of spectrum. So when MVNO is actually legalized in India, RCOM would be a natural partner for any company who would like to advantage of the far reach of the operator and also the brand image the word Reliance has in this country. I am sure u must be thinking what image a company like Reliance would be having in the minds of the people especially considering the customer service they offer. But also consider the fact that Reliance has always penetrated the market with a market capturing strategy and people go with Reliance irrespective of the service offered considering the rewarding nature of the comapny. For eg, the telecom revolution, Reliance Power IPO, Big TV DTH, etc. It is hard to ignore the importance and fame of the Reliance brand in India.

The point I am trying to make is when spectrum is scarce, players like Airtel and Vodafone may/may not be able to get additional spectrum. If such a situation comes up, then for the mobile revolution will be led by the newer companies and also to some extent the CDMA companies who can afford to expand considering that they have dual licenses for CDMA and GSM across the length and breadth of the country.

anybody have idea? will reliance completely shifts it base to gsm