Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
karpar

Bits Of Sms Stored In File Structure??

Has anyone noticed that when you have T9En enabled and you use the Abc to type in a few words that are not there in the dictionary(like proper nouns) they get stored in its file structure?

anyone has any idea how to remove it?

I heard someone do that by dleting the T9 user database file (don't rememeber the name)

are you positive on that? no side effects with deleting it?

and who changed the title of the topic??? it isnt a major difference, but its still changed!

Has anyone noticed that when you have T9En enabled and you use the Abc to type in a few words that are not there in the dictionary(like proper nouns) they get stored in its file structure?

Yeh they seem to be taken from the sms as u mentioned... but additionally, they are also not stored permanently in the Dictionary. Say if u do not use the same word often again it gets removed automatically!

and who changed the title of the topic??? it isnt a major difference, but its still changed!

i changed the topic title,

cauz the prev title seemed to mislead ppl into thinking that Bits of SMS were stored in the file structure , and that u were stating it.

If u look at it from a technical point of view, BITS mean a whole lot more. :quest:

BTW, Any problems?

none whatsoever static, but dont always get technical!!!

it looks better now...though it IS a fact and i WAS making a statement and NOT a query...

anyway, ive always thought if there was any way to add words to the dictionary...this method is good enough.

QUOTE from www.t9.com:

" Want T9 to learn your words –even if they’re not “NORMAL”?

Though your mobile phone’s T9 dictionary comes with thousands of words, your way of communicating is all your own. T9 combines what it already knows about language with what it learns about you. Many of the words and expressions that you use are unique, and T9 might not recognize them at first. All you need to do is let T9 get to know you, and your text will have a flavor and style that is all you. If T9 doesn’t recognize the word you’re trying to enter, switch to multi-tap, enter the word, and T9 will know it next time. T9 also pays attention to the words you use most often and will learn to display those first. "

Karpar,

You are absolutely correct, this is THE method for adding your own words to t9 dictionary.

Clink this link for more info:http://www.t9.com/learn.html

suppose i want to add a word like say "Rakesh" in the t9 dictionary what should i do? can anybody expolain me step by step? i have lg rd 2030.

just open ur sms editor and type in the word "Rakesh" using abc.

select t9en, leave a space and type the equivalent for "Rakesh" in t9.

if it doesnt come right away, press 0(next) and "Rakesh" will appear.

voila!

But i've noticed that overtime these words r automatically removed frm the dictionary and u've got to do this again, to get it back ther!

yes this happens whenu add a lot of words to ur dictionary.I think there is a specific limit for the no of words u store.

yes emmi, there is a limit to the no. of words you can store.

chirag, if you use the words often enough, then they would stay!

I have the 7230, and this pertains to the 7230 - not sure if other models have the same problem:

Entering words into T9's database with "abc" mode is fine and useful -- but 7230 insists on even adding numbers to the database from "123" mode. Once the number is stored, it becomes a pain to type, as the number comes up first!! Anyone know a way of telling T9 "don't add numbers" to the database?

Hello All,

I have many friends who have Nokia phones, and I generally do get messages from them.

Now the best thing about messaging from a Nokia is the support for "ENTER" in its character set. That means you can skip one complete line using up only ONE character.

Now this "ENTER" character is not supported on LG RD2030 (or so it seems).

This is coz when I receive messages with such "ENTER" characters from a Nokia, I see the messages as they are supposed to be.

But when I try to compose such a message OR try to forward such a message, all of the formatting is marred and spoilt.

Does any one know how do i enable this "ENTER" character support on my LG RD2030 phone?

Thanks,

Raahul

As I tried in a set of my friend sometime back it doesn't seem to be there.

May be U can try contacting LG people so that U can get it (hopefully) in a future s/w upgrade??

Code ENTER CHAR is in 7230(In symbols). so it may be in 7120 and also is 2030.

well niket..

atleast 2030 does not have any such character in the symbols list...

dunno if 7130 has one..

anyway i think it must not be difficult to incorporate the feature.. though it might need a software upgrade..

Raahuk

No, ENTER is not in any LG handset as far as I have seen.

And i feel it is a big problem if you happen to share lots of SMS.

It is very strange why LG has not at all given a thought to it. It is such a basic function for any word editor.

I had wrote (email) regarding this to LG, but no ans. from them.

Hope it gets this bit of Intelligence in future.