Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
tezo

Develop a WAP site

:) Is it possible to download poly ringtones from wap sites? Help.

If yes which are the sites??

it must be a conisidence. because i have been doing some work on that, there are a couple of sites on r-world which gives tht facility, but they cost a lot. one cost 2.5 euro, comes to bout 125 rs. so too costly... wait a bit maybe i will be able to come up with a wapsite from where u can download ringtones. ;) wish me luck guys. and i need some support too.

does anyone have software to convert mp3 to ringtones???

help me for all of us

;) Well I will revert with soft name so you can try mp3 to ringtones. I feel software which converts mp3 to midi can do your job.

hi

i would like to know if there is anyone who can do programming in WML. anyone who is interested pls post in this thread, i would like to bring out a wap site from where everyone can download ringtones.

currently there doesnt seem to be any option to go to a specific site other than the ones provided by reliance, the only way seems to be finding the site using the search engines.

:P Yeah, but some of those sites dosen't support Reliance. ;)

I have mp3-wav and such converters

and also midi and mmf creators...

I can give u that ... :P

Dont worry i am not going to cost you...

Give me sometime to upload it somewhere

i will post the link soon ;)

Are you sure u can download ringtones using the wap browser in reliance??

If so plz give me some info... ;)

hmm, if at all ther is such a site developed, then how wud be able to dl ringtones? is there such a facility in RIM phones to dl ringtones from third party Wap sites?

yes there is a site called cartoons.com on reliance which offers ringtones, i am not sure if it works or not.

but if it is not possible then how would reliance give ringtones? they too would have to use wap service. dont they? and if they can then so can any other person.

No they dont have to use wap service

they will give away ringtones using rworld i suppose.. :P

According to my knowledge the wap service offered doesnt support any downloads expcept some say the colour handsets do support some downloads but i dont have much info on that colour...

;)

hey i went to cartoons.com but i dint see anything of reliance there

? :P;)

No they dont have to use wap service

they will give away ringtones using rworld i suppose.. 

i dont understand, if they r not using wap (wml) then how r they giving r-world?

my understanding is that r-world is actually a wap site

hey i went to cartoons.com but i dint see anything of reliance there

it is not a reliance site. it is a site which has been linked by reliance. it works just like in any webpage. u have a homepage, and u link another site on your page.

any body have any site 4 it??

any site for what?

what happened to the link bout some guy doing something to get ringtones for nokia? any one followed it up?

Guys,

we were talking abt developing a WAP site for all of us here, so that we could maybe dl ringtones, wallpapers etc. Firstly can someone confirm that developing a wap site at all would help us dl ing ringtones etc to all our handsets? What i mean to say is, are our handsets compatible enuf to allow dls other than from R-World?

If that works, we should carry this discussion further on those terms rather than getting deviated and also keep all off-topic posts off this board

But i think rworld is working on java stuff and not dependent on wap :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Hey Chirag. Why u want to stop such a interesting topic.

I think it is possible, if you can download ringtone frm R-World then why not from any other wap site??

All the handset given by reliance are JAVA enabled so there is a possible chance to dl rt.

hey but anything u try to download in wap it shows some error like

Couldnot Fetch Response :rolleyes:

For example som guy had posted a site in tagtag

http://tagtag.com/narangz

even from that u cannot download the tone ;)

:rolleyes: hey guys taht is a wap site

acces from a emulator or cell phone

yea ashok, it could be java,

but i have a belief that java is just a platform i dont think they use java to make a site, it would be too tedious and also it would take up too much bandwidth. and since reliance is giving wap then they would also be using it... the major prob with r-world when accessing sites outside r-world is that it might be having a bottleneck effect and hence the speed would be too low. in the case of other providers it is not the case since only a few phones would be wap enabled and also very few providers give wap facility. in the case of reliance all the handsets are wap enabled and many of them utilise the facility... that might be the reason why u r getting "Couldnot Fetch Response" message.

with regard to chirags doubts. well, since we are talking bout reliance and r-world and all such things it should look good if we had a wap site.

arun take a note of this. most wap sites have the url as wap.sitename.com

so we could have wap.rimweb.com

we might as well put this forum up as a wap site... and from there we could think bout giving out additional facilities like ringtones and wallpapers...

i know that this message is often displayed due to network reasons

but its the same when even if try at night

and for me in my place only very few use wap..

I am not speaking against ur idea of wap site,, and i sure can will help u if u are taking such a step... but before all this arises a ques?

Does rim phone support download through wap in r-surf?

:rolleyes:

well i dont know much abt java prog... So plz feel free to let me know whether i am wrong :rolleyes:

hi

ashok and chirag were right all along... at present the handset does not support downloading of ringtones from a wap site... so all those hopes washed away

at present the only way to download ringtones is from the ones they have put on r-world :rolleyes:

The only method now for getting ringtones to your handset is through R-World. It is not possible to get ring tones from third party WAP sites.

I do like the idea of a WAP site, will think on it soon.

I took the tone from handset and uploaded it to the server and when i used the link to the server.. it displayed the ringtone name.. but didnot download...

Remember it sure did display the ringtone name and not the file name...

So that proves that if we post it in the right format.. it may not show errors but at the same time reliance wap doesnt support download :rolleyes: so it dint download the tone...

Well the earlier errors were shown when u navigated to a unsupported format ;)