Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
tezo

Develop a WAP site

i'll talk abt the reverse order, maybe that would help u'l in the probe..

When i mailed from the MMS aplet to my email id, the msg and the wallpaper i typed showed up properly in the mail. But the ringtone that i had added, did get dl on my comp but i couldn't really play it on any software i had!

So does that mean, that ringtones cannot be, but wallpapers could be dl from WAP sites??

Any comments on this?

k letme tell you according to me :rolleyes:

when u send an mms... its that u select a tone or wallpaper it sends the appropriate tone from the server compatible for win.... to the email ;)

:rolleyes: Hey Chirag. Why u want to stop such a interesting topic.

I think it is possible, if you can download ringtone frm R-World then why not from any other wap site??

All the handset given by reliance are JAVA enabled so there is a possible chance to dl rt.

naah naah, i never really meant on locking the topic really!! i just wanted u guys to not deviate from the main topic.... Its good to see more development on this... Keep posting guys...

Hey guys,

Now as we got the stuff to get the ringtone to lg handset

y dont u think of getting a page with predefined ringtone were users can upload and download the ringtone in the right format for their lg handset :wacko:

hope u got it?

:D

yea it is definitly a good idea ashok.

not every ppl are like vikas, and if u can get ringtones ready to upload then it would save a lot of trouble and less chance for complaints

hey guys free wap site can b hosted on tagtag.com

and from there u can alsodownload all games, ringtones and wallpapaer on ur phone, but the problem is that reliance doesnot aloow download of information from non r world sites. i had tried downloading on hutch phone with wap and i was able to download ringtones aswell as wallpaper. i beleive that eve reliance would allow downloading data from non r world sites once it becomes paid like other mobile operators

yo,hello everyone,

this thread is really interesting.

i already have my own wap site and it's possible for weveryone to have a wap site which you 'CAN' access from reliance phone ( it works on my LG-2030 dont konw about other phones.)

but unfortunately after some research, i have found that reliance have configured their services in such a manner that we will not be able to download 'anything'.

except for wml text and PNG or JPG images embedded into WML(...we cannot save pics to the phone, just can view them).

i have not worked up on trying to d/l a MIDlet... hope some of you can try.

also, i would like to add that r-world is a provate wap network which our handests access and that private network is no connected to the internet.

i have addresses of some servers, may be some of you could access it. i am unable to...

http://da.wdsap.ricinfo.com/da

http://da.wdsap.ricinfo.com/error

http://da.wdsap.ricinfo.com/dajar?Version=7.0&_edasvc=1.0

http://mms.wdsap.ricinfo.com:6081/mmst

http://ssg.wdsap.ricinfo.com/ssg

my tag tag(WAP) site is www.tagtag.com/surojit there are a few links, which u cannot download since reliance is blocking them.

bye

Reliance ringtones has a different format

Well its still a midi

With respect to Vikas, It is as he said [Reliance Tone] + Midi

which is formatted to exact 4112 bytes

See this post for more info on adding ringtone to your lg

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=135

Its still true tat reliance phone doesnot support download through wap bcz when u host the ringtone on a web server in the right format and point ur phone to that link it displays the ringtone name (not filename) but never saves it... :help:

yeah..u are right about the file format, i know that ive done that before vikas has but anyways..

so, as i was saying, reliance is blocking any file transfers

(i.e. it puts in an error message whenever we try to d/l some file such as text pic or

ringtone.)

over 'their' wap protocol which is run over a wap browser called jataayu browser made by jataayu companies... (whatever) :) and if we can switch over to another wap protocol or even set up our wap protocol we will surely be able to do ne thing we want.

moreover ,... reliance i.e LG-2030 phones use Qualcomm's MSM5105 chipset and whats' more is that Qualcomm uses a Propritery Protocol to Communicate With their Phones, The Protocol Is Called BREW and operates at somewhere around 33.8 kbps and that they do no supply *any* information about their protocol.

that's whats keeping us held down over here.

sorry moderators, i diverted a bit from the topic, but if u find a more suitable place for this post please shift it.

:help:

hi static,

i dont think u deviated. u just explaining the prob related to putting up a site.

but i think it would be a good idea to give an exclusive area for our techno geeks to discuss freely. or else all of u guys should get together and have a brain storming session and post the transcript on the forum for us to read and scratch our head at :help:

i would really be very happy if u could start a separate thread for as u said techno geeks..... :P

but then the prob is that others will (maybe) miss the interesting chatter. :lol:

yea, that is true, but it would be better if u ppl could discuss and then translate it into english so we would understand. but for now let us continue this way, and when we get lost we will as you... :P

hey,

we r getting out of the topic. so what do u ppl say bout rimweb having a wap site?

we could just keep it updated with the current hot topic, just a brief introduction, and those who visit it could then view it online and get chatting. we could also put up a bit of a help page. then rimweb would always be at the touch of a few buttons...

You all were talking about the wap site so here is my contrib....

wap site for rimweb

Supports phpBB

Also it would be better as static said to provide a diffrent section for the experts

By the way ... Jataiyu is a java based and jar file is availible for download ( using bitpim ) . Its availible in Jar ( Java Archive ) format ( maybe we can use a java decompiler ) and rip off the protection code and put in ours . :P .

Now that would be something cool ...

yeah, ngcodreq, it's where i got to know of that.

and generally that browser , resides in the folder named '06' under 'ams'.(*generally*)

also, i tried to run it on my PC using a MIDlet emulator which i downloaded from www.java.sun.com (or maybe www.sun.java.com ... i'll put in the exact url if i can rem it.) and this is what i discovered..

that the midlet could not be run on the PC, since it is an *intranet* java midlet and we cannot access the servers from the internet, which i have mentioned in an above post.

yeah it's entirely possible to have our forum on a wap site.

i don't exactly know how it can be done but i've seen forums on wap

an example is wap.howardforums.com

:P

Well, I have phpBB installed on my PC. and just downloaded phpbb-wap today i am working on it. will post results soon. :P

We can publish rimweb site for WAP. but sync between WAP and Web siet could be problem i hot can be it possible. same database works for phpBB and invision power board.

ok, if it uses the same data base then it should be possible to have it both as a same forum. i am sure those who know php would be able to solve the puzzle... im really looking forward to this.. hope you guys can do it...

i *think* that it might be possible... that is if we come to know of the exact MIME type which reliance is using to distinguish *it's* files from other files which come over the wap protocol...( i strongly believe that the phone d/l feature has something to do with MIME content type bcauz when we send any mms to an email account thru r-world... with and audio and pic attachemnt,

we get the pic in normal PNG format and the audio in the normal mid format.

but if we have a look at the ringtones and the wallpapers stored in the phone we see that

mid->{ 16bytes header(reliance standard)+Normal Midi(with header) } total filesize =4112 bytes.

and for wallpapers...

*MIME type is stored as ('Image/BMP' + BMP Filename) 24 bytes for header + byte 25 to byte 871 is a grey mask + byte no 872 to byte no. 1704 black & white bitmap . the entire BMP is Stored in A Vertical bit pattern .... whereas PNG is Stored Horizontally.

that means that the phone converts the PNG file into a different 2bit dual mask bitmap file.

so if we are somehow able to get the command to initiate file type conversion.. we have succeeded.

{sorry for all the jargon .. but it was necessary} :rolleyes:

Hi Guyz,

I dont know if im right with this,but i uploaded wapbuddy on my server,I made 2 folders (one for RIM fones and the other for GSM phones)

The GSM_RINGTONES (thats the name of one of the folder ) it works in nokia nad motorola phone that support the midi extention.Im still trying find out a tweak to get ringtones downloaded on to our RIM phones

have a look @ it on your cell phone or wap emulator

www.click2enter.us/wap/

YOU CAN ALSO SEE MY WEB SITE

http://www.click2enter.us/

You are free to help / support .....

regards

chandramauli @ www.click2enter.us