Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@ksh@T

Mtnl Cuts Std Rates To Rs 1.25 Per Minute

NEW DELHI: State-run Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd on Saturday announced to reduce the STD rates of its GSM service to Rs 1.25 per minute, moving a step ahead of the private telcos.

The new rates will be applicable from May 18. "The STD rates for GSM mobile Dolphin and Trump have been reduced from Rs 1.75 per minute to Rs 1.25 per minute," MTNL CMD R S P Sinha told reporters here.

The rates shall be applicable to all the tariff plans including lifetime prepaid service and postpaid Jeevansathi schemes of MTNL.

The STD rates for MNTL CDMA service Garuda mobile has also been reduced from Rs 1.75 per minute to Rs 1.25 per minute in all plans.

For landline services, STD pulse rate have been increased to 60 seconds from 36 seconds earlier.

"With this, STD rates for a landline user shall be Re 0.80 per minute to maximum of Rs 1.20 per minute depending upon the tariff plan of the subscriber," Sinha added.

Earlier this month, Vodafone had slashed the STD tariffs to Rs 1.30 a minute across the country while roaming charges have been dropped to Re 1 for all incoming and local outgoing calls.

Country's largest private telecom operator Bharti had also dropped the STD tariffs to Rs 1.50 a minute.

^^^

Wow its really a great news my dear friends. Now MTNL & Garuda users will be the most happy with the lowest STD rates.

Regards.

Till now no sign of Reliance. What are these guys upto? :o

MTNL now cheapest after vodafone and airtel

Why just Voda and AirHELL? Idea is Rs. 1.3 per min now. AirHell in fact seems to be the most expensive as fo now... of course after Reliance... :D

Reliance... they are busy raking in more moola while you wait indefinitely... thats what they are upto! :multi:

I hope BSNL too reduces its landline STD rates fast... like MTNL!

Edited by raccoon

Actually i visitd idea's site yesterday..

And ther it was mentiond std rates reduced to 1.3..And below this it was written limitd period offer..

So isnt it is possible tht they will increase da price afta sumtym??

Get TATA .... 100 rupee addon pack giving std anywhere on any phone for Rs. 1 ... running from 2 years now ... doesn't f** customers by having limited time period offers ...

Well, I guess pre paid isnt like post paid - tariffs are subject to revision. But I dont think any operator changes its plans at the rate that RCom does... so I woudnt worry about it. In fact, ever since I switched to GSM, I'v not experienced any change in plans... only newer and better plans come out... :)

MTNL now cheapest after vodafone and airtel

I hope BSNL too reduces its landline STD rates fast... like MTNL!

All BSNL landlines already have one india plans.

For mobiles may be round the corner.

Im not talking about special plans or add on packs! We are discussing the BASE STD rates!! In that sense almost all operators have special plans for Re 1 STD calls!!!

Im not talking about special plans or add on packs! We are discussing the BASE STD rates!! In that sense almost all operators have special plans for Re 1 STD calls!!!

W.e.f. 1.11.2006, all customers under BSNL Plan 180 (i.e. the default Plan), which is applicable in the SDCA’s where the equipped capacity is 30,000 or more automatically started getting benefits of BSNL One India landline Plan by default without having to make any request from their side. It was gift from the then Telecom Minister.

http://bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=331

Further, from Sept 2007, all such customers have also been extended STD facility by default free of charge.

http://bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=363

Edited by commonman

W.e.f. 1.11.2006, all customers under BSNL Plan 180 (i.e. the default Plan), which is applicable in the SDCA’s where the equipped capacity is 30,000 or more automatically started getting benefits of BSNL One India landline Plan by default without having to make any request from their side. It was gift from the then Telecom Minister.

http://bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=331

Further, from Sept 2007, all such customers have also been extended STD facility by default free of charge.

http://bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=363

Dont have time to look into the details of the plan names and all right now... but there are many other plans... like zero rental plans, plans with much higher free calls, etc., ...and for me, the most important plan - the Unlimited 256 kbps broadband plan which comes with zero rental... and the STD rate is NOT Re 1 or anything even close to that for all these plans!!!

^^^

You cannot have the cake and eat it too, raccoon. You cannot get all the goodies in one single plan, you know that very well enough. Similarly you cannot get all fancy features in a single phone. But you will have to wait a lot for your wishes to come true.

You are well aware that all the private operators would have greased BSNL honchos very well enough to ensure that they do not even think of cutting their STD rates leave alone local rates for either their LL's or their mobile services.

Maybe you can go in for some other plan where you get one India tariffs with unlimited data plan. But you will have to go through the pages of BSNLs sites and find out the correct plan for you.

Gosh... I was just hoping and execting to get similar (if not lesser tariffs) than what are being offered by other operators!!!

Anyway, now I can call on any phone in India for Rs. 1.3 thru my Idea... and that too WITHOUT add on pack or special plan!!! And whats more, Im getting all this on my I-card active plan!!! So in a way Im already eating the cake and having it too! :)

So until and unless BSNL desides to bring down its rates, I will simply not use it for making STD calls! But I feel BSNL will have to reduce the rates... they dont have any other advantage anyway, except the pricing... their service has always been below par.

As for One India tariffs on my broadband... dosent make sense to me at all, because I'd have to pay a substantial rental for the same. Right now Im on zero rental plan... so I'll only use BSNL to make local BSNL to BSNL calls (Re 1 for 3 mins). Thats the ONLY price advantage it currently has.

@Racoon

Which Zero Rental are u using with Bsnl?

See, I'd a "Only incoming" bsnl @ Rs160 per two months rental and took Rs250 pm DataOne later.

So now a days in the same bill I get charged @ 160 + 2x250 + taxes (bi-monthly billing)

Is there any only zero rental DataOne plan... please tell me the details - I'll be able to save the 160 sulabh rental and get outgoing too.

@Racoon

See, I'd a "Only incoming" bsnl @ Rs160 per two months rental and took Rs250 pm DataOne later.

So now a days in the same bill I get charged @ 160 + 2x250 + taxes (bi-monthly billing)

Is there any only zero rental DataOne plan... please tell me the details - I'll be able to save the 160 sulabh rental and get outgoing too.

Zero Rental means zero voice rental. DataOne rental have to be paid.

U can check out this link

http://kolkata.bsnl.co.in/tariff_broadband.shtml

@Racoon

If you are ready to belch out Rs 750 a month, then you will be able to enjoy unlimited internet usage @256kbps along with full waiver of rent of your landline phone. This is Home UL 750 Plus plan. And if you want better internet speed, it will require Rs 1350 a month for 512kbps net connection (Home UL 1350 plus plan).

Yes, thats quite right. Commonman, AFAIK, there is no plan where you can save on voice rental except the 256 kbps unlimited plan which costs Rs 750 + tax, per month.

Oh...kay,

So it is this Plan 750. I was wondering there might be something cheaper :)

Nway, thanks.

Oh...kay,

So it is this Plan 750. I was wondering there might be something cheaper :)

Nway, thanks.

Since you are already paying total rental of 660 for two months, the following plans may be useful, although bi-monthly rent would be more

Plan Home 500 C

DataOne Rental : 500

Voice Rental : Nil

Download Limit : 1.5 GB (as against 1 GB for Home 250)

Additional Data : 80p/MB (against 90p)

Voice Plan : One India

Free Voice Calls : 175

Plan Home 500 C+

DataOne Rental : 600

Voice Rental : Nil

Download Limit : 2.5 GB (as against 1 GB for Home 250)

Additional Data : 80p/MB (against 90p)

Voice Plan : One India

Free Voice Calls : 50

Edited by commonman

Spice Telecom reduces STD, roaming rate

CHANDIGARH: Private sector operator Spice Telecom followed other operators and reduced roaming and STD rates, but the subscribers would have to opt for the reduced rate, a company release said.

The incoming roaming and roaming local call rate has been reduced to Re one from Rs 1.75 and Rs 1.40 per minute respectively, Vice President of Spice Telecom Mukul Khanna said.

The STD rate has been reduced to Rs 1.30 per minute within home circle and Rs 1.50 per minute while on roaming, he added.

Spice said that the new STD and roaming rates would not be default rates and the customers would have to opt for them to avail the benefit of reduced call charges.

Pre paid customers can avail the reduced rates by sending an SMS and the postpaid subscribers can avail the discounted roaming and STD rates by opting for new tariff plans, Spice said.

The telecom operator said that in case the customers do no opt for the new rates they would continue to be charged at existing rates of upto Rs 2.65 per minute for STD calls and the higher rates while on roaming or as per their existing tariff plan or pre paid pack.

anil where r u!? afraid am thinking what to do! . . .