Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Discussion Topic For Palm Os Based Handsets, Softwares, Utilities, Comparision Etc

Can someone share the following two files for RIM network:

CarrierProfiles2.PDB

NetworkProfiles2.PDB

It seems that this would solve the Carrier DB and the Roaming issue. I am not sure but its worth a try. any help will be appreciated.

@Concon

In our htc phone this kind of problem solve by the changing the prl through QPST

use firmware updater with reliance prl and update PRL. 700/755p supports qpst thru serial cable only.

use firmware updater with reliance prl and update PRL. 700/755p supports qpst thru serial cable only.

I have done this already. Updated the PRL using the file "CDMAFirmwareUpdater(with Reliance international PRL).prc"

After this, phone connected to the network but in Roaming mode.

And, *228 is not working in roaming mode.

Will you be comfortable to flash ROM?

Do following

1. Download SPRINT ROM update from palm

2. download http://grack.com/downloads/misc/treo/RomTool.exe

3. extract ROM in suitable folder

4. Install ROM tool you downloaded and see all option, in rom source select option as shown in image. in output rom type name ventura and output type ZIP+MD5, it will create ROM files for you one zip and one MD5

5. create new folder in your treo memory card root named ROM and copy both files to folder.

6. Install RomUpdater.bprc (Rename it to PRC) and RomUpdater_enUS.oprc on main memory of your treo.

7. Run ROM updater in palm, you will see some text and then type "ventura" on your treo. (See screen shots) Be patient, it will take 15-45 mins Once done your ROM will be sprint rom and you will be able to see all menus using ##codes,, your codes will be ## instead of #*#

post-842-1217325080_thumb.png

post-842-1217325118_thumb.jpg

post-842-1217325124_thumb.jpg

post-842-1217325131_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Will you be comfortable to flash ROM?

Thanks!

I will try this and revert with results.

P.S. sent you a PM before I saw this message (one of the questions you already answered in this post

Also, for others' benefit, would like to share the following:

I was able to solve the Roaming issue by changing the Home SID to 14655 and Home NId to 65535

c. Now my phone connects to the Reliance network. When I dial *228 I am greeted with a message "Welcome to Reliance, to continue dial in English dial 1, for hindi dial 2......."

When I dial 1, it says "your phone could not be activated" and hangs up. after this the network signal is lost and it comes back in 10 second.

Is the above happening because phone is not setup properly or because the new ESN that I used is faulty(though I have the handset from where I have taken the ESN from and it is switched off)

7. Run ROM updater in palm, you will see some text and then type "ventura" on your treo. (See screen shots) Be patient, it will take 15-45 mins Once done your ROM will be sprint rom and you will be able to see all menus using ##codes,, your codes will be ## instead of #*#

I have started the flash process.

Thanks for sharing the views. Its very very useful.

So far, I have got the same messages except one i.e. your image says "No ROM image directory found"

I got "ROM image directory found on card"

Rest all messages are the same.

Had you not shared the views, the last 2 messages would have been confusing i.e.

"ERROR: Aborting update

Error (0x0007): Can't find file"

But as suggested by you, I will be patient, wait for 45 minutes for this to be completed.

BTW, What message would come when it is completed? How would I know that the process is over? Would it reboot on its own?

Update:

The flashing ROM did not work.

Waited for over an hour and nothing happened. Maybe the error indicated is correct and aborts update.

I saw a thread by Kocoman on flashing 755p on 700P. I will try that now.

Further update: PARTIAL SUCCESS :)

1. I was able to successfully flash 755p ROm on my 700P (Thanks to Kocoman's post here) Faced some issues, but will write about those later.

2. Now, I am able to access the advanced menu after ##DATA#. (Kshah: thanks for your guidance)

3. When I dial *228, I get a message saying your phone is already activated and it reads out my phone number. This suggests that my phone is ready to use.

4. HOWEVER, I am unable to make any phone calls. When I dial a number, the phone disconnects within 2 seconds after a beep (similar to busy tone. I have tried several phone numbers but same result. Cannot even call *333. Any ideas?

I have put the following settings in ##DATA#

Vocoder EVRC: 1

Home NI 65535

Home SID 15655

MCC 404

MNC 0

ACCOLC 6

Home system Regs 1

FNID 1

FSID 1

##SPC# u will get 2 options Mobile Number and MSID put 0000000000 in Mobile Number and ur MIN number in MSID.

U can find ur MIN through various tricks. easiest is use any RUIM based NOKIA handset and press *3001#12345# and in nam 1 option u will find Mobile ID number, that is ur MIN.

Hope this helps.

i am sure ur MIN is not updated properly.

ditto as sadik.

##SPC# u will get 2 options Mobile Number and MSID put 0000000000 in Mobile Number and ur MIN number in MSID.

U can find ur MIN through various tricks. easiest is use any RUIM based NOKIA handset and press *3001#12345# and in nam 1 option u will find Mobile ID number, that is ur MIN.

Hope this helps.

Completed SUCCESSFULLY : Flashing + ESN transfer

So I now have a working Treo 700P with Treo 755p ROM.

Thank you Sadik! You were bang on. All I did was followed the steps and set MIN correctly and I am able to make calls,

Also, big thanks to KShah for all his guidance. I could not have been able to even start this effort without his guidance.

NEXT STEPS

a. Test Data connectivity

b. Get a new RUIM and use that instead of the current Nokia phone ESN (This will allow me to use the Nokia phone also on some other number. current its lying switched off)

Thanks again!

NEXT STEPS

Dear Kshah/ Sadik and other Palm enthusiasts,

I tried but could not get internet working on my Treo 700P. Can you please guide on this as well.

Got Palm 755p. Now need softwares... Also Palm Card Reader, hex editor

NEXT STEPS

Dear Kshah/ Sadik and other Palm enthusiasts,

I tried but could not get internet working on my Treo 700P. Can you please guide on this as well.

Whats the error?

Whats the error?

Honestly, I do not know how should I setup data connnection. But here is what I tried.

a. I went to System >> Prefs>> Network

b. Here I added following

Service: Reliance

Connections: Standard Modem (also tried Virtual Modem)

Username: my phone number

Password: my phoen number

Phone : #777 (also tried just 777)

Now, when I press connect, I get :

a. connecting to Reliance

b. (after a while, when I use Virtual modem) Error: 3000: Data Service is unavailable in thsi area. (ox713E)

c. (when I use Standard Modem) nothing happens. It just returns to the same screen after some time

Also, Earlier I used to get a 1X logo on the top right next to signal meter. After I flashed it with SPrint 755P software, it is not appearing.

Look forward to your help.

:) Welcome.

Sent u mail with some basic softwares. Let me know what all u need.

Also gave u site/forum for palmz. ;)

Sadikbhai, thanks for the phone please send me the same email. And also instructions on how to get reliance netconnect.

Hi,

I bought another Treo 700p Sprint (for my brother this time)

I followed KShah's guide on ESN repair. I was able to restore the CDMA NV file after making the changes. (I have done this twice already and so was kinda familiar with the process)

Now, when I try to power on the phone, I get the Sprint Welcome Screen, then the palm logo and then the phone reboots and shows Access logo followed by Palm logo. I am therefore unable to power on the phone connection.

Any suggestions on what I could have missed or done wrong?

Ur ESN is not properly written.

Known issue.

Ur ESN is not properly written.

Known issue.

Thanks Sadikk!

I will check it again. Does one need to write the ESN checksum also. (I have not added the checksum so far)

Interestingly:

a. I tried to restore the original NV file also. It did not power on the mobile radio then also. (Originally, before the I tried ESN repair, it was getting powered on)

b. When I searched for the ESN in the hex editor, I could only find two entries of the old ESN (as against 3 entries suggested by Kshah is his guide)

Well its not checksome thingy.

U have messed up where u have to put it other way.

Like if ur ESN is 1A2B3C4D u have to put it like 4D3C2B1A...