Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Discussion Topic For Palm Os Based Handsets, Softwares, Utilities, Comparision Etc

Well its not checksome thingy.

U have messed up where u have to put it other way.

Like if ur ESN is 1A2B3C4D u have to put it like 4D3C2B1A...

I had taken a backup of the original NV file. I picked the same again. Very careful searched for the original ESN, found it at two places only.

Then, I carefully replaced the same with new ESN (and yes I entered the ESN in reverse in pairs of two, like Sadikk indicated). Restored it.

I still have the same problem.

Also, as I indicated earlier, now when I restore the original NV file also, I still face the same problem.

It could be that the ESN had already been messed with before I bought the phone.

What is the solution now?

A. Can another phone's NV file be used? (I do have another 700P which is working fine)

B. Can I flash the phone with Treo 755p image. Will that add a new NV file which I can again rectify?

Please guide.

AFAIK u should find esn in 3 places not 2. I think another 700p's nv should work but confirm from kshah or sadik first before trying...

Dkaile 755 find ESN in so many places, but important is only 3 places.

We dont know about 700p. still i can check if concon can send me the NVbackup file.

As i know people usually mess up with ESN at 2 places, check attached file for hint.

post-271-1222012736_thumb.jpg

In this below file ESN is first in reverse and than normal. Example 80808080 - 08080808

post-271-1222012783_thumb.jpg

Concon u can also nverase from mtty and try again.

i hope u guys know we can change Banner also, Check attachment.

post-271-1222013305_thumb.jpg

Dkaile 755 find ESN in so many places, but important is only 3 places.

We dont know about 700p. still i can check if concon can send me the NVbackup file.

Sadikk,

I will PM you the NVBackup file so that you can check and guide.

Thanks!

Great, thats what I was looking for - how to change banner....

@Sadikk/kshah

I found only "Sprint" at 2 addresses one similar to your location at EC60 with "G" then space and then "Sprint". Another one at address 17060 with a "!" then supposedly a space and then "Sprint". Which ones to change... or can we change both, please advise...

Edited by dkaile

Do not change both just change the one i have given u the address.

thanks to sadikk bhai i got my treo 755 p

i love this handset. but now i got some trouble my nokia 2865 is not getting connected to my desktop as i connect nokia 2865 usb phone parent comes and driver is not installed.

as i want to sync my outloook with treo.

saddik bhai i got memory card my email id is vipullodaya@gmail.com pleasesend em link of all the software

and please help me to do settings for net connection

i love this handset. but now i got some trouble my nokia 2865 is not getting connected to my desktop as i connect nokia 2865 usb phone parent comes and driver is not installed.

saddik bhai i got memory card my email id is vipullodaya@gmail.com pleasesend em link of all the software

What error you are getting? Is your phone detected and then when parent is detected, it gives error and driver installation is aborted?

Search for wdf01000.sys (Found at windows/system32/drivers/) delete file and restart computer. Restart will take very longer than usual, but dont worry, once restarted, your device will be detected properly and drivers will be installed..

Edited by kshah

What error you are getting? Is your phone detected and then when parent is detected, it gives error and driver installation is aborted?

yes kshahji first my phone is detected as nokia 2865 and after sometime it shows nokia 2865 usb phone parent and then driver installation aboterd it shows fatal eeror occured

thak you kshahji it works. i am trying to slove this from 2 days. thnks again

Thanks a ton Sadik bhai, for the phone n for going out of the way to make it work on my number out of the box...

:)

I really like the selfless way Sadikbhai conducts his dealings n his genuine interest in knowing whether his users r happy wid their purchase..

Started using the fone jus today n bang i land in a mess.... or Mebbe i don knw enuf of the stuff...

Now my Gr8 Letdown - Had bought this fone specifically for messaging,....evrythng went fine till 2mins back when my message characters exceeded 160...the cursor just freezes.. i very well knw tht SMS is capped at 160 but then all other fones(evn my cheapo LG allows me to use Long Msg Service or Enhanced msg service)

IS there any software/application which allows me to type beyond 160 characters n then sends it like 4/5 msgs like on my SE P1i and also the recievr recieves it as one long message rather than in broken parts!!!!!!!

I seem to be missing my P1 due to this, also it had many more options like assigning folders to messages as per will...dunno if its there in palm, cudnt find it...but mebbe bcs i hardly knw nythng about it :Decepcionado:

anyone please if u knw of ny such applcation it wud help a lot

Also i read thru the post that even delivery reports isn't suppported so is ther ny way to work around that too???

Would like to sort the messaging side of the fone first so haven't installed a single application yet....

Also all the incoming messages i get whch r above 160 also get broken down into parts which is very irritating :sos::NOTriste:

Thanks in advance for ur comments

Sadikbhai have u also faced this on ur fone??

also do i need to upgrade to v1.07 for removing these problems????

Thanks a ton Sadik bhai, for the phone n for going out of the way to make it work on my number out of the box...

:)

I really like the selfless way Sadikbhai conducts his dealings n his genuine interest in knowing whether his users r happy wid their purchase..

Started using the fone jus today n bang i land in a mess.... or Mebbe i don knw enuf of the stuff...

Now my Gr8 Letdown - Had bought this fone specifically for messaging,....evrythng went fine till 2mins back when my message characters exceeded 160...the cursor just freezes.. i very well knw tht SMS is capped at 160 but then all other fones(evn my cheapo LG allows me to use Long Msg Service or Enhanced msg service)

IS there any software/application which allows me to type beyond 160 characters n then sends it like 4/5 msgs like on my SE P1i and also the recievr recieves it as one long message rather than in broken parts!!!!!!!

I seem to be missing my P1 due to this, also it had many more options like assigning folders to messages as per will...dunno if its there in palm, cudnt find it...but mebbe bcs i hardly knw nythng about it :Decepcionado:

anyone please if u knw of ny such applcation it wud help a lot

Also i read thru the post that even delivery reports isn't suppported so is ther ny way to work around that too???

Would like to sort the messaging side of the fone first so haven't installed a single application yet....

Also all the incoming messages i get whch r above 160 also get broken down into parts which is very irritating :sos::NOTriste:

Thanks in advance for ur comments

Sadikbhai have u also faced this on ur fone??

also do i need to upgrade to v1.07 for removing these problems????

Remember that in CDMA every thing is controlled by operator. Even if your phone supports LMS and EMS, if system wish, it can scr*** up on the way.

Palm ideally supports LMS but it is blocked by operators and remember CDMA operators are same every where. I think except LG all handset has same problem on reliance (Breaking messages in 2 parts).

Please be considerate dont keep on comparing CDMA with GSM and keep on hurting poor rimwebians. :NOTriste::Equivocado:

Even I just checked this after reading shakebs post and this problem is there of unable to type messages over 160 characters. But that is possible on my Mogul.

@kshah

we must find some workaround for this, because I read on many forums that this has been done specifically on Sprint Handsets. And in their older Roms, Sprint did support sending one long message in 2 or more messages. Only in the newer roms, they have stopped. So it is Sprint handset problem and not Reliance... I will also search for some solution... U also search pls....

and BTW why are u getting hurt, u have already left CDMA for GSM, hamari tang khich rahein ho kya yaar.... :P

Edited by dkaile

I think SMS Commander 1.08 can solve this problem... researching....

Also Check-

http://mytreo.net/downloads/msglenfix,899.html

http://www.fun4palm.com/x4/produkte/funSMS4.asp

Edited by dkaile

Palm has restriction with the message being sent to number of people.

Edited by vishalsheth

Even I just checked this after reading shakebs post and this problem is there of unable to type messages over 160 characters. But that is possible on my Mogul.

@kshah

we must find some workaround for this, because I read on many forums that this has been done specifically on Sprint Handsets. And in their older Roms, Sprint did support sending one long message in 2 or more messages. Only in the newer roms, they have stopped. So it is Sprint handset problem and not Reliance... I will also search for some solution... U also search pls....

and BTW why are u getting hurt, u have already left CDMA for GSM, hamari tang khich rahein ho kya yaar.... :P

I have tried from 1.04 ROM of 700p onwards till latest ROM of 755P. Even including Verizon. I could not find LMS in any ROM. About showing multiple message as one message on handset, its part of ROM and also system should support feature for particular ME. I think on RIMWeb some one explained it in days of Kyocera 7135 (Probably AshokSoft - and I have tried a lot to tweak handsets for this too)

I am getting hurt because CDMA (Reliance) took my too much of time. I love CDMA for voice quality and DAta speed. But hate it for crippled handsets and operator control on handsets.

Edited by kshah

10 messages. Again in CDMA versions only or branded GSM version. Its not there in unbranded GSM.

@vishal

But with any of the various Group SMS softwares for palm, you can send SMS to unlimited number of people.

The Palm has restrictions on GSM too.

10 messages. Again in CDMA versions only or branded GSM version. Its not there in unbranded GSM.

Thanks kshah n dkaile for the replies

No offence shahji, jus wanted to know if a solution exists.... CDMA vs GSM is a no win game for either, so aint complaining

BTW @dkaile n kshah - wud be lookiing forward to hear from you on this sms thing if u ever find something

or is there some developer whom we can request to do it, if it hasn't been done yet!!!!.....I suppose it will be a very popular thing....also dkaile the commander n fun4sms wont help, but the other one was specifically made for this purpose...but cant find it anywhere online.... :NOTriste:

{Shifted to Reliance bcs i needed cheap STD to Rel, n cheaper SMS's which no other GSM provider was offering, otw i was very happy wid Vodafone on P1i.....But wid my bills running into 3-4k, got my frnd to buy reliance as well.... :D ......Rite now have taken the 440 plan + Mega 60 sms.....Hope its a good decision}

Nope, msglenfix didnt work. It is working only on non sprint 755p phones.

And Shakeb, its not that major a problem, u can gauge by the fact that I have been using it for over a month and never felt the need to type messages over 160 char, and discovered this only today after your post, and I send over 50 messages a day (on the unlimited Rs. 49 local sms plan i.e.) Anyways there are many 3rd party softwares which are rectifying this problem like funsms etc. but they are all paid. Will search for some free option. Anyways u should be emailing your longer messages and not sms'ing them - just joking...

Anyways I am very happy with the overall economics of CDMA over GSM. Their are certain shortcomings on both sides (perhaps more on CDMA) but I am still sticking with CDMA (for the time being)

Reliance and tata are cheaper than gsm players. Who cares for cdma gsm war and game. Palm has lesser development since many years, hence certain type of apps are not available. Also ems and sms are absolutely in control of operators in cdma

{Shifted to Reliance bcs i needed cheap STD to Rel, n cheaper SMS's which no other GSM provider was offering, otw i was very happy wid Vodafone on P1i.....But wid my bills running into 3-4k, got my frnd to buy reliance as well....biggrin.gif......Rite now have taken the 440 plan + Mega 60 sms.....Hope its a good decision}

CDMA & GSM - "Kabhi kisi ko mukammal jahan nahi milta, kahin zamee to kahi aasma nahi milta" lol

See if attached files helps. ( Group SMS and Treo MSGR)

Also when in chat ( IM Type) mode, u wont feel 160 is less.

as u can send 160 and again continue from there.

I never needed it either, though i am power SMS user.

4500 sms in box, 2000 in sent and ticking daily average of 150.

SMS.rar