Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ngcoderq

Tutorials for Uploading Ringtones on LG2030

Hello people

Last night i got a LG RD2030 and it is really under powered :( ( I could not do anyhitng with it ) so i set out to do some hardware hacking :rolleyes:

So here is what i came eup with ( only 1 day gone by )

Using serial data cable you can access the filesystem of LG 2030 which has a simple directory inteface ... I used the s/w Bitpim and used the lg 4000 as the settings and went to file system and simply expanded the list .... And here is all you can ask for ...

Right now im trying to decode the melody files ...

Its a 16 channel midi file which has a name and some strage numbers appended to its head and its always 4 KB ( empty space = 0 )

So i will soon figure out how to upload stuff ...

So anyone know any cool tricks let me know ... ;)

So if this helps you let me know ....

!!! You can mess up your phone if you dont know what you are geting into !!!

sounds great.. i hope you will come up with something nice for us soon ! :rolleyes:

Done ive uploaded my first ring tone ... :rolleyes:

"Sweet child of mine - Guns and roses "

Took just one hour of tweaking now its time for wall papers to be cracked ...

Ill write a nice tute on this and the file format ... soon

Im attaching the ringtone if anyone needs it ... ;)

Now no more devotional tones for me ....

melody05.dat

i had already got bitpim...but can u tell me the proceedure :rolleyes:

i also had got the folder structure

i saw three files like melody3 .. 4 and 5

i tried overwriting them with ur file

still nothing happened

??

wats the reason

can u tell me wat is the stuff u used to convert the tones and also the a small clue to the steps ;)

I must warn that if you go wrong your mobile wont work :rolleyes:

Any way after you have uploaded the file restart the phone ...

The new melody will show up ...

Ill soon post a tutorial on my site ..

wat is that will go wrong?

i mean i jus did overwrite that file melody5.dat

? :rolleyes:

i got the stuff...

a tone named "Schild" : :(

Do you mind letting me know which converter u used to get this melody :rolleyes:

;)

plz dont forget to tell me wat will go wrong? :unsure:

but its not playing correctlly, all still when i open in binary.. it shows psmplayer in the beginning :rolleyes:

is the converter PsmPlayer v3.80e?

Done ive uploaded my first ring tone ...  :rolleyes:

"Sweet child of mine - Guns and roses  "

Took just one hour of tweaking now its time for wall papers to be cracked ...

Ill write a nice tute on this and the file format ... soon

Im attaching the ringtone if anyone needs it ... :(

Now no more devotional  tones for me ....

hey man,

u got to actually tell a person like me as to how i can put this tone on my phone? tell me the entire procedure, am not from any engg background dude!! ;)

i dl the ringtone though, n its on my comp..

hey chirag...

Get the bitpim software

Connect the serial cable to you cell

start Bitpim

goto the "FileSystem" tab

initiall u will see a tree head like "/"

Click in and unfold the tree

You will see a subitem "meldl"

Unfolding that menu will give u a set of file which consist of the three melody files namely melody4.dat,melody5.dat and melody6.dat... Overwrite the melody5.dat with the one provided by vikas.... ;)

Then restart the phone and ur new tone will be there

Special thnx to vikas

Hey before doing all this plz confirm with him abt wat i said... :rolleyes:

hey, is there any way to remove the tones which are not removable when u download a new tone?

i hate some of those tones

:rolleyes: Thisis your lucky day ;)

Rd2030 Tutorials

Check it out and let me know .

I just have a question for you people ( what are the legal technicalities ) is doing such a thing legal if not ill remove the tutorials .

hmm.. legal hassles can crop up! Can someone go into this further??

ngcoderq has given enough warnings for people who are going to try this. Anway, if some one points out any legal issue, then we'll remove it off.

i dont think there is any legal issue.

we have the freedom of speech, and the net is all about free flow of information.

if some people have found ways to penetrate the system and reliance is not happy about it, then they should have taken care to see that it is not possible.

Moreover except reliance handsets,

the handsets like samsung nokia and almost all can be connected to sys and add ringtones... even in this condition the other operators are able to sell the ringtones as per their sms charges to certain numbers..

There doesnt arise any legal issue... still if u feel any prob u can do the necessary :wacko:

Anyways good luck :D

so now if we can replace melody 4,5,6.... can we remove the default ones and put some better tones there??

i too wanted to remove the old tone

but i couldnt..

vikas can u have something done on this? :rolleyes:

Ill see ( try mayabe )

Currently the wallpaper tutorial is being prepeared ...

Will be out soon ..

:rolleyes:

huh, u guys reallly are so desperate to remove the old in-built ring tones and put in new ones?? i have a soln...

(be careful u need a lot of moolah for this)

1st of all go and get a rom programmer maybe all-11 ROM prg.

(costs just around rs 20,000)(...its a hardware for guys who dont know.)

then open ur phone and remove the eeprom chip put it into the rom programer and change any thing you want... be it ringtones..... wallpapers.... animation.... or even the whole phone operating system. !!

hah.

welp, dudes, trust me u dont want to do all that ... so be happy with what we can do.

bye

hey guys!! I am so damn happy today... thnx to Vikas, i uploaded his sweet Child ringtone! wow, and then i went ahead and uploaded Chamela ringtone, provided by someone on the forum... tht was kewl too...

Can i have some more English tunes?? i dont know how to convert my mp3s to midi files... Can someone help me on this?

or can anyone get the new uuee re song frm khak kak in a ringtone format for me?? Its a big hit in mumbai though i dont really understand wht they sing but its music is real cool :rolleyes:

We cant seriously do anything abt those existing ringtones there?? :D

Chamela tone was posted by me :D

I got a stuff which decodes mp3 to wav. but the thing is it cant be converted to

midi format.. using psm player.. it shows some error like cannot be converted

Is it bcz it still has the voice part in it ...??? or does it need any other thing to convert mp3 to midi :rolleyes:

Guys with Mobile Music Polyphonic u can convert files.. but i found it difficult to do polyphonic tones..

Thnx a million Ashok... With all ur help i've been able to successfully make quite some no. of ringtones... I mean i've understood the process pretty well. But am not getting a hang on how to select the right part of an mp3 tht would sound good as a ringtone..

Moreover, Vikas made a real polyphonic ringtone (Sweet Child)... and the ones i've been making seem to be monophonic... So can someone pls tell me how do i create a true polyphonic tune... Or if someone could tell me from where i can get the midi files(ringtones) frm internet??

am using BITPIM 0.62 .... and works superb wid the serial cable... i guess, happiness is overflowing in my posts now! -_-

and i also want all of u'll to know of a link from where i found tonnes of midi files...

Check this out... http://pluxweb.free.fr/midi/

well with the wav or mp3s i had, i was able to cut and trim them with the help of Nero Wave Editor which is bundled with Nero CD Burning S/w.... but am not able to do so with these midi files coz they are not opening there... And i dont know how to edit the midi file in mobile music polyphonic s/w

Anyways am real happy with the 3 new ringtones i've got... :D

And even i want to know if bitpim works for Samsung N191... My sister's getting real jealous on me now :P So tech gurus help awaited on this too.. :P

guys, one more finding... got to tell u'll before i forget..

Check out this yahoo group.. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fonotunes

This grp is basically for exchanging tunes.. and ppl post tunes to each other here... mostly midis.. but some have posted mmfs etc...

Also there are plenty of tones in the files section... i couldn't play those midis on my winamp player.. can someone check them out and get back here??

There are folders in the file section which are supposedly mobile softwares, work with Samsung too.. maybe it works for Rel phones too... do check them out in detail and get back on this forum soon...