Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ngcoderq

Tutorials for Uploading Ringtones on LG2030

ok, jus incase anyone wants to know how to search midi files on the web, pls follow this search in google etc...

just put this in the search box

Parent + directory + wav + OR + mid + #artist#

replace #artist# by the song name or artist name

Jus some info... am sure most of u'll know abt it... but it was something real amazing for me, when my frnd showed this to me... ! :grin:

hi chirag,

u can edit your midi files in psmplayer which ngcoder has made ... load the midi file into the player and using the cut tool, u can select which portion you want as the ringtone ... u can also reduce the size by cutting down on the number of instruments ... the instruments are the check marks at the bottom of the player ... just leave the drums on ! have fun ...

bye

yeh but how do i exact cut the files??

I dont understand the notes tht r displayed... wht happens in NERO Wave Editor is that i can simply select the part of the track i want and paste it as a new file..

How do i do the same thing in PSM?

Hi chirag,

When you are playing a file in psmplayer you will see some numbers changing in that violet space...

In the pic i have attached the violet area is showing 179 as the max value and 23 as value as its playing now... It starts from 0 tats the beginning of track.. and it increases as u play..

so u have to look at that ... When u listen.. and u want some place in the tune take a not of the no's... and Click cut button or press CTRL + X.

There u will have to enter the range.. tat is the no.. you have noted ..

For eg. if you want to cut from 23 to 150 and remove the rest...

Type 23 near the start field and 150 near the End field

post-14-1078129217_thumb.jpg

yeah ... it is pretty tough working with PSM player but you can keep adjusting by clicking on the cutting tool icon and playing around with the start and stop numbers ... u'll slowly get the hang of it ...

hi,

does anyone have any idea how to convert mp3 and wav into midi ? i need a full version software to do it ... where can i get it from ? or any free converter for wav to midi or mp3 to midi ?

You can convert mp3 > wav > midi

using Mobile Music Polyphonic

Click here to Download

Here are the serials

Please do not post illegal serial numbers or cracks in the forum

Edited by Arun

can i directly upload midi extension to my fone ? i thought i had to convert it to dat then overwrite the one on the fone ... im confused now ! i converted it to dat and posted it 'cause i thought it would be easier for other users to just rename it and put it on their fone without converting it to dat format ...

pls clarify !!!

thanx

bye

Mahidhar

Hi Mahidar,

The filename and extension may differ it doesnt matter...

But the data in the file matters. I mean u cant simply upload a midi ..

as said in the tutorial, the file has to be cut using psmplayer to exact 4096 bytes

in ringtone format.. and then the ringtone name is written and then formatted to 4112 bytes.. it can be done by using the rformat.exe by vikas

All ringtones have exact 4112 bytes..

If u simply upload a midi the size might be more than 4112 or less

You wont be able to hear the tone when you try to play it in the phone... It might show something like "MThd" in the phone screen

Bcz the ringtone name was not written to the file and also

bcz of its file size..

Ok now... lemme tell u abt the midi tone by StaticElectricity...

After cutting the file using psm player to 4096..

he might have opened the file in rformat.exe and then

in the output filename he gave the same extension ".mid"... Maybe tats y u got confused...

ie. Usually you give "melody04.dat" or "Oh Oh Jane Jana.dat"

or some file name with extension ".dat"

But static gave a different one.. He used

copy of xfiles.mid

james-bond-theme.mid

Tarkan-Simarik.mid etc..

But if u see its jus the filename and extension change.. they r in reliance format only...

for eg. if u change ur ".htm" extension by renaming it to ".html".. it doesnt change the content of the file!! :rolleyes:

Now you maybe thinking how you will know when u get such files with

".mid" extension..

As said its formatted to exact 4112 bytes.. All ringtones are in this size only.. So if u check the size of the file by seeing the file properties it would be like

Size: 4.01 kb (4112 bytes) Guess tats not any difficult to do :rolleyes:

Maybe ur doubt is cleared regarding statics midis...

Now for the bitpim part..

in the Bitpim prog... When u rightclick a melody and click "Overwrite"..

It shows a dialog box and u select the ringtone file..

It doesnt matter wat the filename is... i mean ".dat" or ".mid" or watever... it jus overwrite the current file data with the data on the file u selected... and it doesnot change the file name "melody04.dat" or "melody05.dat"or "melody06.dat" etc..

Hi techie guys.. plz correct if there is any mistake in my post.. :rolleyes:

ok ok dudes, there's a lot of confusion over my post it seems.. lemme clear it.

yeah.. so i was sayn, what ive done.

i have converted a .mid to a reliance format and kept it in mid format, because it helps:-

1) we do not need to rename files over and over again

2) it can be easily uploaded into the phone simply by rt.clicking on the 'melodyxx.dat' file and selecting overwrite... so that i dont have to remember which tune is for melody06.dat and which one for 03.dat etc.

3) we can have only 1 file named melody06.dat in one folder... so it becomes easy to keep all ringtone files in the same folder by *NOT* renaming it to .dat

4) .mid files can be directly played in winamp(even though they have ringtone format)

so to all you folks....

to u/l these ringtones.. just

open the filesystem>meldl> and right click on melodyxx.dat and select *overwrite* thats all u have to do no renaming .. . nothing!!!

:rolleyes:

Hey

Seems like every body is having fun with the ringtones .... Nice that i could help people out :rolleyes: .

Any body intrested in wallpapers ???? ... Let me know ...

hey vikas

i tried connecting to my mobile but the driver doesnt detect it. lg desktop doesnt detect it. bitpim detects it sometimes. very rarely and when it detects and i try to get the data from it it gives the following error

An unexpected exception has occurred.

Please see the help for details on what to do.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "gui.pyo", line 197, in run

File "gui.pyo", line 138, in __call__

File "gui.pyo", line 1045, in dirlisting

File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 607, in getfilesystem

File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 886, in sendbrewcommand

File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 740, in setmode

File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 760, in _setmodebrew

File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 929, in _sendbrewcommand

BrewCommandException: Brew Error 0x13

any idea what the prob is? i have a doubt that it could be the prob with the mobile phone.

hey i thought that the file size should be 4.01 kb. but some of the files are much bigger than that. and some of the ringtones posted does not in anyway sound like the song whose name they have been given.... any answers????????

The ringtones I sent are midi files and not the ready made ringtones..it is the wish of the person.. to cut it from wherever he wants to and convert it to rringtone or dat format.. and if the ringtone doesnt sound like the song it has been announced as.. then better not listen to it..

THank you

i tried connecting to my mobile but the driver doesnt detect it. lg desktop doesnt detect it. bitpim detects it sometimes. very rarely and when it detects and i try to get the data from it it gives the following error

An unexpected exception has occurred.

Please see the help for details on what to do.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "gui.pyo", line 197, in run

File "gui.pyo", line 138, in __call__

File "gui.pyo", line 1045, in dirlisting

File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 607, in getfilesystem

File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 886, in sendbrewcommand

File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 740, in setmode

File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 760, in _setmodebrew

File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 929, in _sendbrewcommand

BrewCommandException: Brew Error 0x13

hey sunil, try this...

firstly , click on the + next to the filesystem .... error message is generated.

then rt. click on filesystem and say refresh. it should work. happens to me too.

if anyone.(by chance) has any requests for some polyphonic ringtones.. ( you know with drums, chorus the good stuff etc.) Then post them here I will make them..

hey rao....

how bout composing a ringtone for rimweb??

i mean something that would really capture everyone's attention...

i am afraid that we wont be able to pay u because everything here is voluntary... we dont ask for money.... and so we cant pay any either...

but in terms of service i will try to help you in anyway possible..

and dont forget everyone here is here to help each other out and get help from anyone else who is willing to help.... thats how this forum can be a bigger success than its now

hello everybody!!!

I just wanted to ask u all what would happen if i get a call or receive an sms while i am retrieving the database or adding , deleting ringtones or wallpapers on my lg2030 in bitpim......

would it corrupt the filesystem or will the caller get a busy signal.

if it could cause harm then plz tell me how to avoid being contacted while i am tinkering with my phone.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

well my friend tried to call me yesterday and she got switched off message. or so she said.

i was tinkering with the cable.. and i dont know if she called while i was restarting... but i doubt if it will cause any prob

ashok just told me its possible to make ur phone offline in bitpim. i am sure he will come up with more info

ok we just confirmed it

ashok connected his phone to his computer and retrieved his data while i was calling (just ringing). there was no prob....

hi anujlawale,

Well i dont think, it would cause any damage to ur phone if u receive calls during this process

I tried it now.. I was also able to retrieve data while on call...

Also if u feel tat there is any risk.. try putting the phone into Offline mode.. using bitpim... You can do that by right clicking the slash ("/") in the folder structure in bitpim.. and then click "Offline Phone"

Rebooting Your Phone !!!

Hi guys... Maybe many know this.. but this is for ppl who are still fed up

by pressing the power button each

You dont have to press the phone power button each time to restart..

Jus take the easy way in Bitpim after writing ur melody or wallpaper

You can use the reboot function in Bitpim

You can select "Reboot Phone" by right clicking the slash("/") in the file structure..

ive got another way, i call it the soft-reboot...

just press 2539** (AKEY)

then select akey... dont enter anything and say quit

That code is for changing ur activation key...

Some handsets dont accept invalid akeys but some do..

So some may enter something by mistake ;)

If ur invalid akey gets stored in the phone.. the network wont

authorise you...

yeah i know that but all phones accept blank akey...

and.. akey is actually a kind of CRC if u know what i mean for a progressing call.