Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vivekmukherji

Want To Buy New Htc Handset - Need Recommendation

There are also a lot of tweaks that you can enable to increase your battery life and also a lot of people were saying that when they first got their Diamonds they had horrible battery life, but after charging fully and a few days later they had a pretty good life out of the battery, At least a day for heavy usage

Enable Better Power Management

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SIM_Class

Set DisablePowerManagement = 0 (default=1)

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\MMC_Class

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\NAND_Class

This thread discusses a lot of tweaks.

Disabling internet, WIFI, Beam, blue tooth, keep mid screen contrast etc makes the battery last @ 2 days without making too many calls. Which imo is not that bad for such a powerful phone.

^^^^

@nitink

u also cannot deny the fact that u paid nearly 15k more for that handset and cracked or not cracked, these handsets are giving excellent service; I had earlier purchased UT Starcom 6700 directly from Reliance for 33K and got a ****ty service backup from them and no special peace of mind; no use at all buying handsets from them; thats why advocating these half cost handsets, only after personally trying both available options...

how can u say i paid more when the reliance handset i wanted is not available with sadikk :)

agree the service @ reliance is ****ty at times, but with HTC u dont have to go to reliance. Give a call to HTC and they offer u a solution asap.

just y'day i did a memory refresh using clear storage coz i got fed up with spb. As a result i lost my internet settings. I called HTC and the connection module they told me did not work. I feel sad for HTC coz they feed that info what reliance gives them. As expected i cud not connect to the internet since the solution they gave me made my phone connect to r world for internet and diamond is not complaint to work with that.

I called *363 and they connected me to the net connect dept and bingo in under 1 minute i was able to access internet. I made it a point to call to HTC guys and told them abt the right procedure so that other users do not face this issue.

Nitin:

How much u paid 4 diamond ?

some one told it is available @ 24500 at web world!

why hasnt the diamond been able to work with reliance yet? has there been no solution to the esn accepting problem? can the ruim holder be soldered easily as it was done for my 6700 sadik? what about the touch pro?

the battery life tweaks mentioned above are only helpful to some extent. besides whats the point of having such a phone if cant use anything.. i use my bluetooth all day. even the wifi shd be usable to some extent. my ppc has given me a good 2 year usage after changing the battery once. thanks to sadik and company. only problem is battery life which ****s and i cant get an extended battery coz the ph as it is :P looks like a wireless set. but i wont mind a touch at around 16 k with an extended battery which could give me a decent standby and talktime with most features enabled. do telll me some solution for the touch on relaince. i dont want to give up the dapo plan.otherwise im outa relaince as soon as the no portablilty hits..nowadays a day of battery life is nothing. the latest pda s have 8 hours plus of talktime.. which is 2 times the amount of the 6700 or 6800..that kind would give u 3 days of decent use.. besides having to plug in the battery everyday will cause problems after a year or so of usage with the jacks which will stop charging n all..

Edited by sunny1974

Hello Techies,

1). Is HTC Touch Pro available for Reliance;

2). Where from can I buy accecories for Mogul (in Delhi), specially the Rubber Case (check http://www.seidioonline.com/PhotoGallery.a...SR2YXV6800%2DBK ). I tried it out in Gaffar Market, but couldn't find anyone. Shipping costs are very high if I go for online purchase.

Regards

Taurn Kabra

Edited by tarun_kabra

Nitin:

How much u paid 4 diamond ?

some one told it is available @ 24500 at web world!

i paid 25,300 on jan 6th.

24,500 is a good price

Edited by nitink

but i doubt u will get it for 24500 from RW

RW are generally much more expensive that the normal market rates

but i doubt u will get it for 24500 from RW

RW are generally much more expensive that the normal market rates

@ Nitin

You're right the HTC Diamond are best amongs the all and specially the explanation which the members are giving for Mogul...The Mogul is way heavy holding and regarding QWERTY keyboard, diamond has a very nice touch keypad in dialing and as well is every application like messaging viewing contacts and all.

Nitin just wnated to check whats your diamond handset model number? is it P 3051 or!!!

yeah, P3051

No foreign CDMA hnadset has been under DoT scanner till now...it's just a speculation by few members of this forum ....secondly no foreign CDMA handset will ever b banned for a simple reason that we all r using it with valid esn and imsi .....so pls stop spreading wrong notions .....

If foreign cdma handsrts r under DoT scanner can v have the source of information which says this

Mudaffal/Saddikk

Please help i've been waiting for HTC Mogul for nearly two months now.

The other option i've found is Blackberry 8830 which works on dual technology (GSM & CDMA) but only one can be active at a time.

Please suggest. Is it worth waiting further for HTC Mogul?

I'm desperately looking for a new handset

If your main usage is email, then go for Blackberry 8830. If it is for browsing, then go for HTC Mogul. If it is for both then go for HTC Mogul.

Mudaffal/Saddikk

Please help i've been waiting for HTC Mogul for nearly two months now.

Hey am sorry i didnt take ur calls, as was sleeping :) ( Not well )

call me on monday......

if u dont want to use Internet on handset go for 8830...... U will love it.. trust me.... but ya u have to compromise on camera on 8830.... have a look on 8130 as well its with 2 MP camera but not full QWERTY......

check my signature...

There's no beating the Mogul for total functionality, but I have seen some people who take a long time getting used to the windows platform. If you can overcome that problem then its the best, otherwise Blackberry and even Treo 755p will be good options.

@gadetgirl

both the handsets mogul as well as 8830 as gr8

with mogul u will get features like 2mp cam ( quality is ****), wifi which u wont get in 8830

but if u have gsm connection as ur primary connection then definately go with 8830 .

u can get 299 rs blackerry services plan with unlimited mails and messenger which u can use on your 8830

sadly u wont be able to use bis on 8830 thru reliance or tata .

browsing on 8830 isnt that good experience as compared to mogul

on mogul browsing is good also u have email capabilities which is slighly inferior to that of blackberry but still it will take care of ur emailing needs very well....

so my suggestion for u is that if u have cdma as ur primary connection and u need data then go with mogul ....if data is not ur need then go with pearl

if u have sm connection or u planning to get one then definately go with 8830

u can get 299 rs blackerry services plan with unlimited mails and messenger which u can use on your 8830

Even in the handsets bought from Sadikk?

8830 are unlocked by sprint data and voice both .

so they can be run on gsm networks here along with bis from them .

get htc s620 @ 8k

long battery life, wifi, bluetooth a2dp, win 6.1, qwerty keyboard, blackberry connect etc

but camera is not that high quality but decent in my view