Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

All About Treo 755p - Lets Discuss The Good And The Bad

Second, need help to setup WAP on my Treo 750 (Windows). My serive provider says that this WAP cannot be setup on this phone, eventhough I am using GPRS on it. Any ideas.

which service provider r u using????????? ...

Dear Mufaddal,

The Treo 750 (Windows) is on Spice (GSM)

Thanks for your help in advance, you'r simply a genius.

treo 750 does support wap .....but have no clue abt spice services ......u can try getting the settings of wap ....i can help u with configuring the same on ur device.....

for what r u requiring wap......u r using gprs rite??????

treo 750 does support wap .....but have no clue abt spice services ......u can try getting the settings of wap ....i can help u with configuring the same on ur device.....

for what r u requiring wap......u r using gprs rite??????

@mufaddal

Hi, yes I am using GPRS on Palm Treo 700p on Reliance, the WAP is for alm Treo 750 (GSM Windows). The settings that the service provider gave me are

Access Point Name: spice/spiceexcite/spicegprs

IP Address: 10.11.12.13

Port number: 9401

Homepage URL : http://www.spiceindia.com/wap/

Homepage URL(GPRS MMS) : http://10.11.12.180/

thanks

I have installed this software "MetrO" which gives information about the Metro systems of the cities of the world including Mumbai / Delhi. Just put in the name of the source and destination stations and it will tell you, approx time, number of stations, where to switch trains etc. Pretty cool.

You can get download it from here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/travel/metro.shtml

i m using it on my mogul

http://nanika.net/Metro/

thiis is the official site.......get it for all platforms winmo/palm/symbian/blackberry ....

Has anyone installed bluepill? I would like to know that if anyone has tried the whole delete thru SMS thing and then later on more importantly restored the backup using NVBackup.

(There is a solved version posted somewhere in this topic I think).

i dont think a solved version of bluepill is posted .....

I would like to know that if anyone has tried the whole delete thru SMS thing and then later on more importantly restored the backup using NVBackup

y dont u try it for urself and let us know.......

also somewhere on this thread or other threads on treo sms commander has been posted ......it is similar to bluepill but i guess its an evaluation copy not a solved one

I would like to know that if anyone has tried the whole delete thru SMS thing and then later on more importantly restored the backup using NVBackup

also somewhere on this thread or other threads on treo sms commander has been posted ......it is similar to bluepill but i guess its an evaluation copy not a solved one

Hi,

need registration key for Voice Dial (Software has a blue icon with circles like web icon)

Thanks

are u referring to voice dial application from palm website

i m attaching the soln...

also u can try voice dialit ....it is better than voice dial

VoiceDial_2.x_solution.rar

Voicedialit207.rar

Well my only fear is will NVBackup be able to restore the changes which Sadikk must have done to start the phone after a hard reset done by bluepill. If someone can assure me that NVBackup will successfully restore the phone settings so that at least my phone is functional, I don't mind giving this a try.

Here is the bluepill solved I have, not sure from where I got it.

BluePill_Solved_steps.rar

yes do a full backup using nv backup ....it backs up your cdma settings as well

but i guess still ask someone who has already done it on their treo

Edited by mufaddal_km

Dr. Muffadal...

Was confused... if this generally happns... everytime i press the side button on Treo 755p (for voice record) it shows Voice Control... Please fill in your Phone Number in the phone number Field... and asks for Reg Key... does it mean its not Registered yet>>> can you give me the Reg key... coz everytime i enter the Phone Number (which is the default number 0000008457) and some Pin No... it goes online...

wats to be done....

:Equivocado: Ok so I mustered some courage and swallowed the BLUEPILL. :P

NOTE: Before I swallowed the bluepill I took a full NVBackup and then backed up the card to my hard disk.

Amazing, is the word. :thumb:

Within a sec (of receiving the SMS in the background) the screen showed the Owner Info. Once I pressed OK, it got busy deleting stuff. The phone went into suspended animation - No buttons were working. In around a minute or 2 the 4 GB SD card was formatted and the phone was hard reset - WIPED CLEAN.

The network settings were not affected. So I could still make and receive calls after the reset and it still showed "Reliance" in the top right hand corner of the phone.

I did not have a physical card reader handy so the only option left was to install "CardReader" through HotSync, since I needed to restore the card data first. HotSync did a pretty good job I must say to restore all the previous phone software as well, but not good enough. So I wanted to rely on NVBackup. I copied all the backed up card data back to the card and ran NVBackup restore.

Voila! The phone is now restored to the state before the SMS was sent with the NVBackup restore.

The most time consuming part was obviously copying data off and on memory card. But having experienced the whole thing first hand I can say it was pretty easy and a must install s/w for your Palm - for that DOOMED day (God forbid) when you may loose your phone.

@ketan

Yes it s/w is not registered ....the solution has been posted in previous pages use it to generate your key

are u referring to voice dial application from palm website

i m attaching the soln...

also u can try voice dialit ....it is better than voice dial

@Dr. Mufaddal

Many thanks - you are the best. It worked.

@ketan

Yes it s/w is not registered ....the solution has been posted in previous pages use it to generate your key

K.. Thnx i think its done.... u surly are almost like Software genious... great work keep it up....

HI,

I cannot send the message from my treo, I can receive msg and can make and receive the call.

Also I cannot browse the web, whenever I follow the step mentioned in this thread, I can browse the web for a while but after some times it give error 3000: data service is unavailable.

Any suggestion to troubleshoot the above problem.

Thanks.

I cannot send the message from my treo,

what error mssg r u gettin....mostly it wud b a network issue...

for web browsin just radio recycle ur device ( radio on/off)......it is a problem with treo755p...v all r facing it frequently

I cannot send the message from my treo,

what error mssg r u gettin....mostly it wud b a network issue...

for web browsin just radio recycle ur device ( radio on/off)......it is a problem with treo755p...v all r facing it frequently

Hi all,

How can I set a ringing tone from a MP3 song on my SD Card in a Palm treo 700p? Thanks in advance

u can use ringo or ringtone mangement or minitones or ringo pro

i think ringo has been poted on this thread....just search around ....

also if u r using phone technician u can get mp3 ringtones.....if not then u can also try this

MagicTones_Hbby_1.13.zip

Edited by mufaddal_km

HI... Muffadal,

I think some of my setting have changed... everytime i change/add/delete any of my contact frm Treo.. it automatically goes online to update contacts and then resets.... dnt know how it happnd.. coz till it does not go online and updates No buttons on phone works any of them i press nd it shows updating contacts.. how do i stop it....

Hi does anyone have any software to download video frm Dailymotion.com??? will be greatful if someone shares

Edited by kets4u

@ketan

i dont get excatly what u trying to say.....u mean when u try to edit ur contacts ur phone goes online????

basically what s happening is ur phonebook is gettin synced to an online server

have u set up an exchange server ????

also did u install any third party apps which has some extensions for contacts syncing .....

if u think its coz of some third party then u could do one thing do a safe mode reset /warm reset....( take out ur battery and reinsert the battery keeping up button of dpad pressed) ....in safe mode just try editing ur conatcts if ur phone still resets then problem with ur phone settings if it doesnt reset then problem with some third party applications

just check for any of settings in phone or in any third party app which u might have played with

Edited by mufaddal_km