Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

All About Treo 755p - Lets Discuss The Good And The Bad

^^^^

Even My roaming was working in 2 circles, but in the 3rd it stopped working, hence would be best to update PRL...

^^^^

As long as you are not facing any problem on Tata while roaming, there is no need to update PRL...

Umm... Any benefits of updating to this PRL for people whose roaming is already working ?

i think u got it working by reactivating roaming rite????

so its better to update prl to get a permanent soln

^^^^

Yes, I could not get the solution by reactivating the roaming; its a prl issue...

roaming is working flawlessly on TATA...i have checked it across circles...so dont think there is need to update PRL

GUYS WHAT HAS BEEN POSTED IS MAINLY FOR RELIANCE USERS AS IT WAS AN ISSUE THAT MOST OF US HAD FACED ON ROAMING

Tata has launched High Speed Internet service (Akin to EVDO) in Chennai, NorthEast and J&K. Once activated using the special PRL in these locations, U can get 800kbps+ when using data card or ur EVDO phone as a Modem.

ANyone can post a solution along with prl for BB 8830??

Evdo authentication process is absolutely different than 1x. So far its not successful. For Evdo again I think using foreign handset will be a problem - not sure.

I will be traveling with the new PRL enabled Treo to the trouble zone (UP-E) on 30th and will keep members updated about the roaming issue...

Bahi .ne bol diya ....abh to chal na he padega.............................. :)

Just wondering if there is ANY way to fix the Treo 'reset radio before using internet' problem ? Does anyone know why it happens ? I use internet/email a lot on the phone and while resetting radio before connecting is not a major issue it still gets on my mind sometimes.

I was thinking if maybe we could all contribute to a 'Bounty' for any techie who manages to fix for this problem. I'd be willing to contribute 500/- or little more. Any takers ?

hi to all

congratulations to al for 5th anniversary

i just want to know is there any software which removes unwanted file from main memory

as i dont understand which file is important and which is not

as i have just 10 mb remain in phone main memory

Just wondering if there is ANY way to fix the Treo 'reset radio before using internet' problem ? Does anyone know why it happens ? I use internet/email a lot on the phone and while resetting radio before connecting is not a major issue it still gets on my mind sometimes.

I was thinking if maybe we could all contribute to a 'Bounty' for any techie who manages to fix for this problem. I'd be willing to contribute 500/- or little more. Any takers ?

nice iinitiative but this is a common problem with verizon and sprint treo755p.....not only us but even sprint and verizon usres are facing this problem time and again ...it happens due to some values resetting time and again in radio

there is no solution to this problem ...and most probably there will nevr b a soln

the sprint update 1.07 treis to solve this issue to some extent ....

the only way is to radio recycle ur device .......u need to liearn to live with treo :)

hi to all

congratulations to al for 5th anniversary

i just want to know is there any software which removes unwanted file from main memory

as i dont understand which file is important and which is not

as i have just 10 mb remain in phone main memory

firstly dont install ur applications in phone memory ...try and install as much as possible in memory card

only certain apps need to be installed in phone memory

secondly u can use uninstall manager to remove ur apps ....use dbfixit u remove any errors from database

palm os is not like windows mobile where u have temp files /folders ....ur phone memory is low due to apps saved in phone memory ...so just move them to memory card

This awasm game... not seen in this forum.... nice graphix...

Also uploading Hellfire... (sorry if i missed it in earlier topix... ) this is amazing for shooting adicts...

Just wanted to ask... my 8gb card is working fine on comp... (with the xternal card reader) but when i install it on phone (along with the adaptor) it shows msg as the card needs to be reformatted... but when i say yes it shows the card cant be formated.... do u think the adaptor is spoiled??? what should be done???

ResidentEvilDegenerationPalm.zip

hellfire_palm_v1_02_29.zip

OPPS BY MISTAKE I STARTED A NEW TOPIC INSTED OF ADD REPLY.... IF MODRATOR OR SOMEONE CLD PLEASE MOVE THE SAME IN CURRENT TOPIC....

Resident evil This awasm game... not seen in this forum.... nice graphix...

Also uploading Hellfire... (sorry if i missed it in earlier topix... ) this is amazing for shooting adicts...

@muffadal / Dhirajbhai....

Just wanted to ask... my 8gb card is working fine on comp... (with the xternal card reader) but when i install it on phone (along with the adaptor) it shows msg as the card needs to be reformatted... but when i say yes it shows the card cant be formated.... do u think the adaptor is spoiled??? what should be done???

Try reformatting your SD card on your pc with fat32. use a card reader or a usb adapter or a buit in card reader on your pc... If that does not work try card reader application via usb ,,,

Pls recommend/share a good software to track petty expenses/finances etc..

Its that time of the year to make new resolution.. the above sw would help me fulfill one.. dont know how long..

use either expense dairy or use splash money

download splash money from here http://www.splashdata.com/splashmoney/download/palm.htm

and use the soln i psoted

Expense_Diary_v1.7.zip

SplashMoney_soln.zip

hello all,

I have happened to buy a treo from Sadikk around a month back. Yet to start using it full fledgedly.

I have gone thru all the pages on this forum but could not get answers to all my queries. Could you guide me to the right posts (if i have missed) or help me out with the solutions?

Thanks in advance.

1. I have seen that the version of the ROM on my handset is 1.04. Do you advice upgrading it to 1.07 ?

2. Could you somebody help me with the procedure to get the contacts from my 6265 to Treo?

3. I have tried making the settings for the netconnection as per the instructions on this forum but whenever i try to connect to the net I end up with an error 0x7301.

4. When my treo is connected to the Reliance network, I see "Reliance" on the top left corner. Is it possible to change this to a different one, say put my name, etc.

Thanks Again,

Uday.

hello

I have gone thru all the pages on this forum but could not get answers to all my queries. Could you guide me to the right posts (if i have missed) or help me out with the solutions?

Thanks in advance.

1. I have seen that the version of the ROM on my handset is 1.04. Do you advice upgrading it to 1.07 ?

2. Could you somebody help me with the procedure to get the contacts from my 6265 to Treo?

3. I have tried making the settings for the netconnection as per the instructions on this forum but whenever i try to connect to the net I end up with an error 0x7301.

4. When my treo is connected to the Reliance network, I see "Reliance" on the top left corner. Is it possible to change this to a different one, say put my name, etc.

5. Is it adviced to update the new prl which solves the roaming issue?

Thanks Again,

Uday.

This is the topic which will answer all of your questions - http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...c=16215&hl=

1. Yes, you should immediately upgrade to 1.07; always better to upgrade, 5 minutes job; process and links given in the above topic...Link - http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/t...ate/sprint.html

2. Download latest Nokia PC Suite; then create a new profile in Outlook; then sync your 6265 via PC Suite to that profile in Outlook; then HotSync your Treo to that Outlook profile and voila all your Noikia 6265 contacts are into your Treo...

3. Read Post no. 68, 149, 188, 217 & 273 for setting up your internet connection properly from the above topic...

4. Yes, you can put any name instead of Reliance. Read Post 154 and 155 to change name, but it is recommended for advanced users only as it involves editing the NVBackup file in a hex editor and you may mess up something important...

5. Switch/Upgrade to new prl immediately....

Read the following posts in this topic-

Post no. 34 - to download Sprint Connection Manager

Post no. 68, 139, 188, 217 & 273 for seting up internet connection

Post. no. 98 & 114 to setup Java and Opera

Post no. 154 & 155 - change name

Post no. 257 - upgrade to 1.07

Post no. 261 - copy contacts

Post no. 268 & 269 - setup mail

Post no. 287

Post no. 300 - for opening up Treo Hardware

Post no. 355 - for setting up your favourite image on Screen

Post no. 356 - Bluetooth setup

Post no. 832 - ES* repair/change; prl update

Edited by dkaile

@dkaile I think we ought to start a new one page new users giude topic for 755P like the one above that gives links / post nos to important topics. This topic has become too vast. Only one person could post /edit post in that topic and newbies can continue posting queries only here. So that that post remains manageable and easy to use.

A forum cannot succeed on one person; its a wrangling of like minded people; though your idea of something like an INDEX is quite good and mods should seriously consider...