Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

All About Treo 755p - Lets Discuss The Good And The Bad

u can use ringo or ringtone mangement or minitones or ringo pro

i think ringo has been poted on this thread....just search around ....

also if u r using phone technician u can get mp3 ringtones.....if not then u can also try this

@Mufaddal

Thanks very much.Which is the best software for making MP3 ring tones. (By best I mean easy to use and stable)

Thanks

@ketan

i dont get excatly what u trying to say.....u mean when u try to edit ur contacts ur phone goes online????

basically what s happening is ur phonebook is gettin synced to an online server

have u set up an exchange server ????

also did u install any third party apps which has some extensions for contacts syncing .....

if u think its coz of some third party then u could do one thing do a safe mode reset /warm reset....( take out ur battery and reinsert the battery keeping up button of dpad pressed) ....in safe mode just try editing ur conatcts if ur phone still resets then problem with ur phone settings if it doesnt reset then problem with some third party applications

just check for any of settings in phone or in any third party app which u might have played with

Dude, me havnt set up ny xchange server... as for apps.. iv installed butler, MUH, Powerhero, Time Delux,DDD...

as u suggested for safe mode reset.. i reinserted my battry by pressing the dpad (the oval button in middle) on insertin the batt.. the phone keeps blinking both the screen nd the dial pad....

i uninstalled butler... and other recently added appl... but it still hapns the same.... everytime i Add/edit contacts it updates contacts online and then resets as soon as i press any buttons..... if there are sone settings to be checked which one do i see??/

Dude... i had installed MUH and coz of that my sync id has changed... which has had a crazy problem.. all my appl have lost its registration coz the phone name is different.... how do i change the sync name to original??? Plz let me know

Edited by kets4u

welll just try searching for ur problem .....

if nothin works then just backup ur necessary stuff like contacts /messages/calendar ( no third party apps) and do a hard reset

Dudes n Dudettes

I am now a Palm Major League Member, Thanks to Sadik

It is a beautiful Gizmo with amazing Response time and great functionalities.

Got it up and Running in One hr , mostly thanks to all details provided here.

Thanks to Mufaddal, Kalpak, Dhiraj, HP and Sadik'

Will come back with a user report soon

welcome to the "treo brotherhood"

PALM APP-STORE LAUNCHED

Has both winmo & palm sections.

goto: http://appstore.pocketgear.com/palm/

or go here to directly see list of only Palm OS apps:

or install this: AppStore.zip

similar to the apple app store for iphone.

nice find bro

PALM APP-STORE LAUNCHED

Has both winmo & palm sections.

goto: http://appstore.pocketgear.com/palm/

or go here to directly see list of only Palm OS apps:

or install this: AppStore.zip

similar to the apple app store for iphone.

The store has a stupid system in place for Free apps. You have to use the Free Trial link hidden in a corner. If you add it to the cart then there is no option to download even if its free without regn. and Cr Cd details. Very annoying.

dont expect much from it ....it was just a move by palm to show its still in the game.....and besides u get all these apps easily on forums and variuos sites ......infact most of the apps that one wud like are all paid apps ....

infact i wud like some one to come up with a cracked palm app store where u get all solved apps ...just like what appulo does for app store in iphone ....

hi friends sometimes my treo just hangs , on screen it it shows full network but i cannot call or receive calls , can anyone suggest a solution

Make sure yOu haven't installed many apps on your phone memory....also if u have installed call rec check it's settings.....u can also use safeguard pro to determine trouble apps ..there are a few palm apps which have issues with treo755

hi friends,

I heard a lot about palm tro 755p and want to have one.

I came to know that there is no RUIM support in this phone.

So what about existing RUIM card which i am using with my lg6600 handset?

Can i reuse my RUIM if after using TREO 755, i agian switched back to a RUIM enabled handset??

Ok

Now that Its been more than A Week since the New Treo 755P was purchased. It is a great Gizmo and a Good Phone (Strictly in the same order). I have Installed, Tried and Tested Many apps, Removing the Useless or repitive ones and have kept minimal Apps for which the Phone has been behaving well barring a couple of Reboots. Phonebook Tansfer has been tough with the format change and the Order in which numbers were stored. Now I do have the complete phonebook Barring a couple of dual entries....

Now the Conf Call ****s, I mean it is not happening. (Remember I was the one who confirmed with Mufaddal whether concall works) Strangely it does not for me, I make call no 1, take the person on hold, call the second guy, press conf button , and BINGO, the screen shows conference but Guy no one cannot hear me, neither can I hear him. :confuse:

A far cry from the ease of Use Nokia 6275, this is a Premium phone which has the Prmium Value of a Merc or a BMW (Lookswise, I e in a group using Reliance , flashing a PDA seems nice . Getting used to will still need more time, but I like this phone , the touchscreen simply rocks, I dont need to use the Stylus. The Movie Feature will be tested soon ... wait for Updates

'

Ahhhm , if anybody can solve concall pls lemme know, In my Job concall is a basic function, and I need to do it at least 2-3 times a day

EDIT: I just did solve the concall problem, Just a lil bit of R N D he he he, Had to press 3 and the green button as in Nokia after the Palm Process and we were Rolling....... So No probs as of Now

Edited by rohitgaur

The Movie Feature will be tested soon ... wait for Updates

Congrats Rohit ji. for movie try Smart movie and get amazed. i love the crisp quality it gives.

Can i reuse my RUIM if after using TREO 755, i agian switched back to a RUIM enabled handset??

Yes u can reuse ur RUIM.

Good u got it to working ....three way conferencing goes well with treo

For movies honestly speaking I don't like to watch movies on palm due to odd 1:1aspect ratio but my recommendation for videos would b core player simply coz there is no need to convert the video format just copy paste the video file to memory card and play it

I would have posted some screenshots of movie playback on treo but my LAN connection is down at present

check out the screenshots of movie 300 on core player ....the movie was just copy pasted on storage card...the playback was smooth with no glitters

Snap-C52EC3CB.bmpSnap-C52EC4A5.bmp

Edited by mufaddal_km

Sadikk can you upload smart movie?

How does it compare to CorePlayer?

^^^ Its uploaded on some page on this topic.

Sallam all i came across this website. reading alot on Treo 755p great phone...

If you guys need any software or application you can come to this website ask for any application or games we can share to all my indian friends....

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=487

Hey Saj, WELCOME to the world of RIMWEB.

And one thing more we don't need to go anywhere my friend. Everything is here for us, ooops not only for us but for everyone irrespective of he/she is a INDIAN or not.

Just visit us regularly & u will mark the difference.

@sadikk

we need to solve the roaming issue, kindly keep me updated...

@sajid

Hey bro wassup ....good to see u on this forum ....gr8 work u and king and eon doing on gsm hosting.....I learnt a lot from king and rouge on how to patch apps....

Hope to see u around this forum and yes gsmhosting has a gr8 database of palm apps

@sajid

Hey bro wassup ....good to see u on this forum ....gr8 work u and king and eon doing on gsm hosting.....I learnt a lot from king and rouge on how to patch apps....

Hope to see u around this forum and yes gsmhosting has a gr8 database of palm apps

Thanks Mufaddal and others just thought i could help few desi lol feel free to ask for anything i do my best to get it..

Thanks guys

Roaming Issue is resolved by using the New Reliance PRL.

The rar file is attached of CDMA Updater. Copy both files inside the rar file to your main memory by Palm Quick Install. Then Run CDMA Updater from programs. Be Careful in next steps-

1. Launch CDMAFirmwareUpdater.prc after a while, white screen, it will launch, press Menu button - similar to right click, it is bottom right button, next to ALT key, select debug, select Update PRL, unselect all other options. and run UPDATE now.

2. After some time it will say that Update successful etc. Quit program.

3. Restart Phone Radio which must have been switched off automatically.

4. Restart/Refresh phone by removing and reinserting battery.

5. Your prl is now Updated to International Reliance PRL - Enjoy Unrestricted Roaming.

(Special Thanks to Sadikk for providing me the PRL file)

CDMA_updater.rar

• Like 3

good work dkalie for sharing prl

Umm... Any benefits of updating to this PRL for people whose roaming is already working ?